flash tune (custom)

typhoon front 1/2 stock exhaust

nizpro valve springs

stock intercooler

stock plumbing

230.5 kw at 5100 at the wheels

BUT 780 nm torque at the wheels at 2100

PLEASE EXPLAIN

piss poor power but massive torque. goes pretty well but not the power I was after or what it should have for the mods. think they must have put a kenworth truck engine in there by mistake. still beats most things around but should have about 300+ for that amount of torque I would think

that seems so wrong, have you got a dyno sheet to post up? is it auto or manual? who tuned it if you dont mind me asking

Edited by XR64LT

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 4d

Name: Henz

Car: BA 04 XR6T sedan

Trans: AUTO

Power: 299.6rwkw 401.8hp

Boost: 12psi

Induction: Rapidsystems 4'' intake

Turbo: Stock

Intercooler: Rapidsystems V2 D & D

Valve springs: Stock

Exhaust: Cente mufflered. stock dump cat etc

Fuel system: intank & bosch 968s

• Member For: 16y 8m 21d

it's auto. tuned by chip torque on the gold coast. as far as boost goes the line could hardly be straighter. holds about 10 1/2 psi right through. I'll try and work out how to post the dyno sheet for you to seeIMG_0001.pdf. not sure if this has worked but I'll post it and see.

by the way anyone for a drag race towing trailers I'm in, should go ok there

IMG_0002.pdf

I can look at the attachments on my computer when I click on them please let me know if they don't work for you. if you can look at them as you can see I've got 780 n/m at 2100 then it drops from there to a probably more believable reading of 650 n/m at 3000. the car definitely doesn't need a lot of throttle at low revs to maintain speed but something still doesn't seem right to me. boost is also very constant through the rev range. I would have also thought that if the gearbox was slipping that I wouldn't get such a high torque figure even though that could explain the low kw. I'M LOST

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 16d

maybe the dyno reading wrong, it happens, my brother has a vl turbo and it read 195kws on 1 dyno and 167kws on a different dyno (big difference), I thought a flash tune alone should give u around that sorta figure. have u tried to using a different tuner (different dyno). No disrespect for chip torque but I thought they mainly do wrx's & evo's, dont know how they are with fords. What state/area are you from?

I''m from the gold coast. the guy that owns chip torque has a pretty quick xr6t apparently so you would hope they know how to tune one. we pulled out dyno sheets for about 6 other xr6t's that have been run on the same dyno and they had good KW's. variation was between about 250 and 330 KW for memory but not one of them came near mine for torque. I think the closest was about 80 NM or so less than mine. I'm sort of getting the sh*ts with the car and I don't want to spend any more money on it and not get the results I have been told I should be getting. if someone can come up with a reason why I'm not getting the results I'll consider giving it a go but at the moment I think it's just going to stay how it is. it's not slow by any stretch but it's not mind blowing either. had a run with 2 cars tonight. 1st some fool in a vp ss he was nowhere. the second was some sort of renault hatch or something like that, didn't get a proper look at it, but man it was QUICK. I recon he would have had me if he could have got beside me properly without traffic interfering.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 5d

Name: Its on the left

Car: 2006 BF Mk1 XR6 Turbo

Trans: 6sp ZF Auto

Power: 269.4rwkw (euro III Cat restriction)

Boost: 10

Induction: Stock with a standard K&N filter

Turbo: Stock

Valve Springs: Stock but has the stronger F6 ones

Exhaust: Stock

Fuel system: Stock on 98ron

Power adder: CV Performance custom tune.

I.B.

Edited by Iconic Bionic

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 5d

Car: 2006 BF Phoon

Trans: 6 Speed Auto

Power: 370 rwkw

Boost: 15psi

Induction:F6 CAI , BMC Air Filter

Turbo: Stock, 12 lb actuator

Valve Springs: Stock

Exhaust: Custom dump pipe, Catco Cat, custom 4" exhaust into twin 3" over the axles. Quad 3"tips

Fuel Pump:Process West Surge Tank and Bosch 044 Pump

Intercooler: Hyperflow 1000hp

Injectors: 60lb Deka

Power Adder : CV Performance

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 5d

yeah mate , got some pics. There on the ex's puter. See what I can do in the next few days.

Total custom proto type

Pretty tight under there though , good thing is there is hardly any back pressure.