City Ford - Lack Of Service

Jonno

• Member For: 17y 7m 19d

I dropped my 2006 XR6T off to City Ford Sydney for its 15,000 km service this morning. The car is stock, with all the options. I supplied my own oil – Edge 0W40.

The service consultant tried to deny warranty on the rattling sunroof as he said it was aftermarket. When I argued he asked me to prove it – which I did by sending through the original contract.

He then went on to argue with nearly every item that I raised.

All in all one of the worst customer service experiences I have had. I will not be returning to this nest of jabbering turkeys.

Is there a Ford Mechanic in the Inner West of Sydney who offers decent service and is able to treat their customers with some degree of respect?

Jonno

• Member For: 16y 11m 7d

who did you deal with dimtri has always been nice to me on the down side their Mechanics are f***n useless and need to repair the same thing 3 or 4 times befor its really fixed

• Member For: 16y 9m 26d

hey dude,

sorry to hear about your bad experience with them. It seems it is becoming a more regular occurance. I'm sure there is excellent service from some dealers, but they are few and far between.

Probably best only use them for warranty work and get a reputable mechanic to service your car.

I'm sure others on the forum would tell you the same too.

good luck.

• BACK SLOWER THEN EVER!
  • Member For: 16y 8m 25d
who did you deal with dimtri has always been nice to me on the down side their Mechanics are f***n useless and need to repair the same thing 3 or 4 times befor its really fixed

Hi Trevs, I thought he was a D*ckhead personally, the way he talk to some "Customers" was very unprefessional. The only way to get something done there is to speak to the Engine Driver, Ravi is ok.

When I was in for some warranty issues a few months ago they forgot to do up my Air Box

:3gears:

I thought the BOV sounded a bit too loud.

I hear sinclair at Penrith is ok, I've never been. DON'T GOT TO PARRA whatever you do.

Ozzie

• Member For: 16y 11m 7d

their called fraud service for a reason ive had rubbish left in the car ,tools under the bonnet and last time my car was their some dickhead left Multi-grip pliers still Attached to my hand brake under the car could hear banging for a few days so I had a look at work one night and found some more tools left on the car dick heads

• Member For: 19y 7m 4d

I got some warranty work done at Power Ford last month, they were very understanding and helpful, sadly the same couldn't be said for either City Ford City or Rockdale, have had very bad experiences. Rockdale City ford are a bunch of jokers - I believe they don't even know what a turbo ford is let alone fixing one.

For servicing I use Tunehouse as I work in Alexandria so its close by, John and the boys do a good job in pointing out any minor or major details that need fixing.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 18d

Alot of guy's have recommended Peter Warren Ford in Smithfield to me, so I'm gonna give them a shot now.

I also wasn't overly impressed with City Ford...

• Member For: 17y 8m 23d
Alot of guy's have recommended Peter Warren Ford in Smithfield to me, so I'm gonna give them a shot now.

I also wasn't overly impressed with City Ford...

I've heard the same and if needed anything would try Peter Warren.

I took the Phoon into City Ford for it's first service and told them that I didn't want the car driven by anyone and if needed that I was up the road and would come in to be present, get a call thinking yeah come pick up the car instead the service manger breathing heavily tells me the head mechanic took the car for drive and hit the front bumper on a gutter so took some paint off a small section.

He sh8t himself when we turned up anyway got it sorted and have never been back.

Edited by Billsta

• Member For: 17y 6m 24d
I got some warranty work done at Power Ford last month, they were very understanding and helpful, sadly the same couldn't be said for either City Ford City or Rockdale, have had very bad experiences. Rockdale City ford are a bunch of jokers - I believe they don't even know what a turbo ford is let alone fixing one.

For servicing I use Tunehouse as I work in Alexandria so its close by, John and the boys do a good job in pointing out any minor or major details that need fixing.

I can't recomend Power Ford.

About 10 years ago I took my modified TX3 to them to give it a service and sort out a dash rattle.

When I picked it up they tried to charge me for new spark plugs. I told them that I was running NGK Irridiums and that the Motocraft crap they had on the invioce should not have been put in. Their response was that they didn't actually replace the plugs, but it is their policy to charge a portion for spark plug replacement with every used car service so that when the plugs do get replaced, they are already paid for????????? Seeing that the car was purchased new was even stranger. Then when I went to get into the car, I noticed that the wheels had been whiped over, but the rest of the car was still dirty. I then noticed that the car had 60 extra ks on the clock and nearly half a tank of fuel gone.

Long story short, Power Ford admitted to taking the car out for a thrash and the service manager said, "So What." Ford Australia didn't want to get involved and palmed it off as being a dealer issue.

Ten years later, I took my T to them (because they are right near my office). This time they fried my CD player while sorting out the heater, now 3 weeks later I'm still waiting for the new ICC.

I've have nearly 20 cars of varying brands. I have yet to find a dealer who provides decent servicing. They all suck.

I now only go to dealers for warranty work. All of my servicing is done by someone I can trust to do the job properly.