City Ford - Lack Of Service

Jonno

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 13d
Technicians Pfffft .... pie fetchers at best

Should have seen the pie fetchers eyes light up when I pulled in for a couple of

warranty items to get sorted at Power Ford. That said they fixed everything first time, probably because I waited for the car.

I have no doubt had I taken the courtesy car option the phoon would have had it's bell rung or worse :spoton:

If it aint warranty it never ever goes to Ford

Waiting for the car seem's to be the only option nowaday's to make sure the car doesn't get belted, and that the work get's done.

How convenient is that for the rare group of people that actually have a full time job to go to... :evil:

• Member For: 17y 7m 19d
Technicians Pfffft .... pie fetchers at best

Should have seen the pie fetchers eyes light up when I pulled in for a couple of

warranty items to get sorted at Power Ford. That said they fixed everything first time, probably because I waited for the car.

I have no doubt had I taken the courtesy car option the phoon would have had it's bell rung or worse :spoton:

If it aint warranty it never ever goes to Ford

When I'm forced to go for warranty work now, I tell them the car doesn't need to be driven outside of their lot.

Another thing that Power Ford seems to be specalist at is giving the car back with the radio on a different station, the seat and mirrors all adjusted for them and the dirver's window left open all day. Why the f*ck do they have to stuff around with all of my settings just to move the car in and out of the service bays???? Last time the driver's seat was laid back Lebo boy racer style, WHAT THE????

• Member For: 17y 8m 15d

The service manager rang me at 4:30 to go through what had been done to the car.

When I got to City Ford to collect the car he was waiting for me. I asked to get a print out of what had been done to the car (so I have the service records as I have no intention of going back). He said – “what do you mean”. It turns out they don’t keep computer records of what they do to the car. He did give me the hand written note from the mechanic – which did make amusing reading.

So how can they hope to maintain a car if there are no computer records kept? The answer is that obviously they can’t.

I have to say that the whole experience has left me bemused. It was like the Faulty Towers of car servicing.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 16d

All dealers keep records of R/O's or "repair orders" as you say, without the records they can't keep track of anything, didn't they give you an invoice for the servicing? did you have to sign anything? Sounds a bit stupid to me!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

while we are airing dirty laundery.

thompson ford seems to think the only way to fix a leaking timing cover seal is to smear a big finger wad of gasket goo on the oily dirty engine block.

I went out of my way to get the car to them for 2 days <because I know its sump off big job> and he calls me the next day saying its ready only for me to find it was still leaking and the forementioned gasket goo smeared everywhere, like a 5 year old kid did it.

I swore never again and voided my warrenty with mods............fraud service......

All dealers keep records of R/O's or "repair orders" as you say, without the records they can't keep track of anything, didn't they give you an invoice for the servicing? did you have to sign anything? Sounds a bit stupid to me!

The invoice was a list of the problems as reported at check in, with parts and consumables attached.

No descriptions of the work done.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 16d

So what have we learned here? Don't take your car back there! I think you've worked that one out already though! If you need anything donewith a service dept let me know, as I said early, I'm more than happy to make sure you are looked after

• Member For: 16y 10m 21d

I also have had sh*tty service from City Ford (City) and will never ever take a car there or buy one from them. I last took my XR6T to them about 6 weeks ago to have the iPod thingy fitted at the agreed quoted rate on the Ford web site, have a wheel alignment and for them to fix the BA recall on rear breaks.

When I booked in (3 weeks in advance) for the recall work to be done (prior to driving to Adelaide) I asked them to check that they had all required parts in stock and they assured me they had everything and would hold it for me til the car came in. (Conversation along the lines of "Hi, I have an 04 XR6 Turbo Ute and I want the recall on the breaks done. Can you do it on X date. " "Yes, no problem. We have all the parts for it.")

I drop the car off, explain again the work I want done. They assure me it will be done by lunchtime which I ok, saying I'll be back around 5pm after work. I call at 3pm to ask how work is progressing and am told that they can't fix the recall because they dont have the parts. I explain that I had specifically booked in for the recall and was assured that the parts were available and on hold for me. Then I'm told that all 4 tyres need replacing and there is no point in doing the alignment if the rubber isn't replaced. I ask how much and they quote me $270 a corner for the stock tyre. I laugh and tell them I'll be there at 5pm for my car and they can forget replacing the tyres and the alighnment. I'll pay for what work has been completed that I asked for and I'll find another Ford dealer for the recall.

When I get there I'm told my car doesn't actually require the recall because its a ute and I obviously didn't tell them that when I booked it in or they would have told me it didnt need the recall. I explained calmly at this point that I had been explicit in describing my vehicle down to the colour and VIN. I told them politely where to put their quoted price for tyres and then they offered me the bill for installing the iPod aux sound thingy, at no less than $50 above the quoted price on the Ford web site and earlier confirmed by their guy at the door who takes the keys when you drop it off. I look at the guy (and yes, I think it was Dimitri) placed my credit card in front of him and said, "this is the last time you will ever see me or my cash. Your service is aboloutely appauling, your staff have no idea what is going on, and I'm not going to argue with paying an extra $50 if it means I dont have to have anything to do with sh*ty Ford again".

In contrast the customer service level from Alto Ford which as been improving over the last few years. Before I sold my old EF (which mysteriously appeard in my street on the weekend looking as wonderful as it did when I sold it) I took it to Alto for a rego inspection. Not only was in done within a few hours, they called me twice to say it had been done and sent electroncially to the RTA for me, but I received a follow up customer service quality call a week later wanting to know if I'd had any problems and if there was any way their service could be improved. Laughing I said, "well I did get two call to tell me the work was completed, which while not really a complaint was more a way of recommending they could save money by making less telephone calls." The girl on the phone laughed and thanked me for taking the call.

I'll be going to Alto Ford in the future unless someone else can recommend another dealer (or quality service person) in the inner west.

• 10 months later...

Last week I Posted:

Today I took my 06 BFII XR6T to the Muppets at the local Ford dealer for its 30K service. Apart from the regular bumbling, half truths, lies, and lack of knowledge, rudeness and disrespect that I have come to expect from this Ford Dealer, something stood out.

At each service I have complained about the fuel consumption. Today, the new service manager explained that as well as flashing the ECU with the latest Ford tune, they had reset my octane rating from 91 to 95. Is this possible? How was it set incorrectly to 91 in the first place?

Today I took my car back to City Ford Sydney for a follow up to the 30K service. They were meant to replace a pipe to the heater which was out of stock last week, and repair some seat trim which they had not refitted properly.

Before leaving for the dealer this morning, I compared service invoice with the service information in the log book.

It turns out that City Ford had failed to replace the brake fluid (due after two years), re-torque the inlet and exhaust manifolds (due at every service), or check the pollen filter. The service manager tried to tell me that the brake fluid replacement was optional, and that the manifolds didn’t need re-torquing. When I said this was BS he admitted they had made a mistake, but didn’t apologise for the BS.

They also said that I could wait for the car today - so I took my two year old to the dealership with me.

Now remember I am dealing with the Service Manager – and he should have some ideas of service times. After an hour he says that it will be another hour and a half. I took my son and myself off to lunch. After the allotted time we returned to be told that the heater pipe is a brand new improved item, and they were having trouble fitting it. He said they had dismantled a significant part of the car and it would be several more hours.

I left - caught a cab home.

I am as mad a hell. I will not be taking the car back to them. I really feel like I cannot rely on them to carry out even the most basic service items reliably.

The XR6T is a great car – nearly as good as the best I big cars I have driven. But the service – well that just pain sucks.