City Ford - Lack Of Service

Jonno

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 21d

I would recommend you call your local service dept first, and explain that you bought the car through an auction. Don't specifically tell them that it is an ex-chaser because they could try and fob you off. Tell them that you had an inspection before you bought it and tell them about the issues that it has. Ask them if you could book it in for an inspection and to get the problems fixed under warranty.

If you have any issues let me know, dpending on where you live I might be able to help you out

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

Some service advisors are lazy and will try and get out of Warranty work because they get paid a lower labour rate by Ford compared to retail labour rates. Unfortunately this is a fact, so by calling them first you can save time.

In regards to looking up the history of the vehicle, it really doesn't matter because the car should still be covered under warranty, but by asking if "a car" will be covered under warranty you can get the car booked in without the situation mentioned above.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

tough to say mate, the noisey front end will probably just need a re-torque unless they find something else wrong. In regards to the tailshaft they may charge you for the replacement of the counter weights

• Member For: 19y 3m 13d

Ford service has broken down.

The front of shop operation is quite slick, with coffee machines and fast bookings etc, however the technical ability and or drive to realize a technical solution is gone.

It is a shame. The car is amazing. However, the Dealerships' lack the will and or the ability to keep these cars running in reasonable order. There is something seriously wrong when the Dealerships simply cannot repair a major problem the first, second... tenth or eleventh time...

It is obviously a problem that affects multiple dealers.

I cannot justify the purchase of another Ford, and that bugs me, a lot.

Alas,

Regards,

aa

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 3d

I really feel for you guys, but struggle to comprehend.

Maybe I’m in the minority but other than the usual argey bargey I have never had any significant problems and do not let them rip me with exorbitant service prices. Most recent one was only last Friday, 45k service incl air filter and excl oil for $175

Fixed a few minor warranty issues at the same time without any drama. Dropped me off and picked me up from work....who can argue with that?

Granted there are crap dealers, but since pissing off the previous dealer after they messed me around (which in hindsight wasn’t really their fault, there was major supply issues with diffs) I have not had anything significant to moan about.

Putting it in to the context of all the other f*ckwit incompetent fools and tradesmen that I have to deal with on a daily basis my dealer farkin rocks!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d

I havent had any major problems with ford dealers for a while either tab, never step foot in them any more. problem solved.

aa's post sums it up for me too.

having to go back time and time again, rediculous prices, shoddy work, whining about obvious warranty problems. I havent been to a dealer who hasn't ticked AT LEAST one of those boxes..

Edited by XR06T