Cam

Workshop Manual

I have heard that Ford made the workshop manual availiable this week, in book form.

The price is said to be about $1000.00.

Pretty expensive.. Id like one but the price is pretty steep.

Yeah, I have been trying to keep updated on this one...

Thursday looks like the date that some Ford spare parts places will be getting DEFINITE information on actual Pricing, (Retail and trade)....

Bookworks 56 Bonds Rd Punchbowl NSW 2196 9740 6766 - Will have one in sometime on Tuesday...

Even the owner of Bookworks said that he only J U S T received the memo that the manual is available (Yesterday, Thursday Arvo), and he has no idea what the RRP for it is.....

So it looks like a wait and see type thing....

Anyone, place your bets....

What will the actual RRP be

>$1000 or <$1000

I may be able to get excerpts from it and post them if you wish. Let me know what exactly you are after.

I may be able to get excerpts from it and post them if you wish. Let me know what exactly you are after.

I'm with Cam. Everything.

As long we as we aren't infringing copyright. Right? :blink:

Hehehehe - I can just imagine you trying to scan EVERYTHING in ! :blush:

Thanks for the offer CJF077

Maybe you can just confirm for me the size....

They told me it was roughly 4Kg-5Kgs... - or The size of 2 phone books ?????

It also apparently has Inline 6, Turbo 6, V8 3V, Boss V8s, GT, GT-P, Utes, Sedans, Wagons, and LWB models in there ????

Im quite happy to fork out the money for it, especially after forking over nearly $60,000 for the car, but I just want to make sure that Ill be getting "value for money" from it....

I already have an EF Factory workshop manual, from my good old EF days, and found that to be well worth its $120 asking price.. :blink:

Cheers

Unfortunately dont have or have seen the book yet. I can however get access "hopefully" to computerised versions of this. Let me know what your after and ill see what i can do via PM.

Does anyone know where I can get my grubby little mitts on a workshop manual for the "T”?

As knowledge is power (but without experience its useless)

There is no printed manual ... and won't be until some aftermarket crowd (Gregory's, Haynes) publishes one.

Ford won't be publishing one as their manual is now all-electronic. So basically only Ford authorised service personell can gain access through the Ford Tech Service website.

There is no printed manual ... and won't be until some aftermarket crowd (Gregory's, Haynes) publishes one.

Ford won't be publishing one as their manual is now all-electronic. So basically only Ford authorised service personell can gain access through the Ford Tech Service website.

Yep, can we get the paper copy passed around ? or does anyone know where we can get an electronic one cheap ? Or should we get a syndicate together and coff-up the $990 for a copy for the "Forum" ?

Edited by Grass

I walked into ford and they handed me 3 folders full of stuff and they said there ya go!!!

It couldn't have been Ford - they won't release the info. So it must have been your local friendly Ford Dealer.

Good thing you didn't mention the name ...

I would be very keen to get all the info.... I hate poking around and not knowing what I'm doing...........

no smart arse comments... I get enough from the girl!

I'm in for a small fee if it costs money... if we can get a cd I can make copies for poeple too.

Yep, can we get the paper copy passed around ? or does anyone know where we can get an electronic one cheap ? Or should we get a syndicate together and coff-up the $990 for a copy for the "Forum" ?

Count me in still

cool, looks like a few people are interested, next q? who has a good contact with ford to get a mates rate or good price?

im thinking 10 people $90-100 ea 20 people even better

There is a training manual ford handed to its staff, it shows the diff in detail between the AU and the BA models a friend of mine has one he got it from a dude in Ford for a case of crowns and $100.

Its a good read and is set out simple for the greasy monkeys, Don't think its worth the $100 but.

I saw the BA Falcon Workshop manual at Hillis Ford in Wagga about 3 weeks ago when I was having the handbrake adjusted. It had 2 or 3 thick folders, not sure if it was for sale though, I didn't ask. Its on the shelf behind their service dept. desk. Ford don't produce these manuals anyway, they are made by some big wackeedoo publisher.

Rob