Jump to content

BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE


Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Rockhampton CQ
Posted

Ya jokin :ph34r:

Man I wish had checked that out before getting the ome ones machined.

Should of just bought some dba's!! Is that price from anyone in particular?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 30d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

My wifes BA Fairmont had brake shudder. Discs were machined and it came back. Car not driven hard. The car had some vibrations also, one thru the steering wheel and I just had new tyres on.

The dealer service guy and me went for a drive and decided to change the front bearing hubs. The ever so slight steering vibration disappeared and after 12000km not a hint of shudder. It has originla machinded disc.

I do believe there are issues with the front bearing hub design/quality control.

VT Commode, have had shudder problems. I went with DBA slotted and bendix ultimates which are a very aggresive pad on the disc, but it keeps the disc "true" and helps heaps in preventing shudder. I have just recently changed the front bearing hub assembly to a different aftermarket manufacture and think this has helped also.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: syd south
Posted

my brakes had massive shudder and when I replaced them I noticed that the caliper slides were jammed so the pads were only effective on one side of the disc.

I lubricated the caliper slides and replaced the discs with dba slotteds and it now stops perfectly with zero vibration

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gunnedah NSW
Posted

Yeah dito!

02 BA-xt purchased in 05 with 40,000kms @ 51,000kms all discs shuddering.

Had 4 discs machined & new bendix Ultimates fitted. Car has 66,455kms & brakes are shaking the wheel out of my hands! :spoton:

$$ are tight (pensioner) So will fit DBA slotted on front-get raers machined again & go to a less aggresive pads.

I think I might replace hubs&bearings as well-

Is there better hubs&bearings to use other than the ford crap??????????? :3gears:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted

Got a bunch of shudder the other day on a spirited fang through some mountains and on the way down she shook like crazy. Think I'll just wack the DBA 4000's on to solve the problem. According to Ford the BF's dont suffer from this problem.

I.B.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland
Posted

Gotta 2005 BA Mk 2 Turbo. Have had the car in for fixing brake shudder under warranty 4 times since brand new. Currently at 70,000 km.

Like iconic bionic, it always seems to happen out on the open road after a decent thrashing.

Have ordered a new FG turbo so hopefully the brakes are better

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 27d
  • Location: Shitney once more
Posted

Had shudder that came and went (03 BA MK1) - discs were getting on so I just went to DBA slotted with PBR performance pads. Couple of thousand kays later and I'm wondering why I didn't do it earlier.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Loitering in SEQ
Posted

have a bfmk11 with 21000klm & after our monthly club cruise today had some serious shudder through the steering wheel. once they cooled down it came good (as in it wasnt jumping out of my hands). think its goin back into ford for them to fix it or f$&k it. all else fails new rotors here we come.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

You might as well cut your loses and get some DBA4000s mate, the stock ones will only warp agaion and give you the sh*ts again!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Loitering in SEQ
Posted

do ya have any idea on what the 4000"s cost & what pad combo I should go with. should I be right just skimming the rears with new pads.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...