Guest IMTRBO Guests Posted 24/05/03 08:56 AM Posted 24/05/03 08:56 AM It will be interesting to determine who are most affected by brake shudder what type of driving styles or transmissions are most prone to the problem.. If you are like me and have a XR6 Turbo on order and wish you were driving it brake shudder or not hang in there I am just...............
harasn Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground! Legacy Donating Member 306 Member For: 23y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 24/05/03 09:03 AM Posted 24/05/03 09:03 AM Ive done almost 12k in mine and drive the car around town and through the twisty stuff reasonably hard and no shudder. will be interesting to see the results of this pole!
AMoffat Member 744 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Posted 24/05/03 09:56 AM Posted 24/05/03 09:56 AM It's funny that the people it should happen to are those like me I thought...Highway klms - warping due to pad knock back skimming the disc. Not so it would seem.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 24/05/03 10:04 AM Posted 24/05/03 10:04 AM 8000km and NO sign :D
DavoXT DavoXT Member 129 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Location: 1500km north of Perth Posted 24/05/03 10:07 AM Posted 24/05/03 10:07 AM BA XT V8 manual 10000km with standed brakes and mostly Hwy at 140kph with the odd full brake to miss the moving wildlife.
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 24/05/03 12:18 PM Posted 24/05/03 12:18 PM Machined at 9800k's currently 14200k's shudder has not returned, driving is a combination of highway runs and town use, if it doesn't happen again I'll put it down to the "green disc" theory.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m Location: Sydney Australia Posted 24/05/03 10:01 PM Posted 24/05/03 10:01 PM Hmmm, you should of had a half half option. I do about half my km on the highway and half in the city. but if you go by my trip computer I am averageing 45km/h.. I had my disks machined and the problem hasnt come back. disks machined at 13000 now I have 20000
JR. Member 41 Member For: 23y 8m 22d Location: Sydney Posted 25/05/03 02:01 PM Posted 25/05/03 02:01 PM Machined by the dealer at 8000km, now with 15170km on the clock the shudder is back worse than ever... DBA slotted front rotors go on the car next Saturday.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 25/05/03 02:17 PM Posted 25/05/03 02:17 PM I have a manual XR6T with standard brakes. Mostly city driving. I now have just under 6700km on the clock and have had no brake problems to speak of.
bdennis Brendan Dennis Member 750 Member For: 23y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 25/05/03 10:56 PM Posted 25/05/03 10:56 PM ven after the run to Walhalla mine are still fine. No shudder here.. 7000km done so far.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now