The Converted Legacy Donating Member 344 Member For: 15y 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/05/12 06:55 AM Posted 07/05/12 06:55 AM Thank you for the write up, I just did this to my falcon and it now holds a solid 17psi though the lower gears as opposed to the 16 that I was getting and it gets on boost a hell of a lot faster in 4th/5th/6th.However it still goes off the dial (20psi auge) in 5th and 6th, I was hoping this would fix that issue.All in all, well worth the 5-10 minutes that it took me, didn't need to remove the battery.regardsMichael
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/05/12 08:22 AM Posted 07/05/12 08:22 AM 20 pound is allot of boost, do you have a built engine?
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 07/05/12 10:41 AM Posted 07/05/12 10:41 AM Are you letting it build from low revs with high load in 5th/6th? It will do it unless you have an overboost valve fitted I think, just drop to 4th when trying to moderately speed up on the highway. Mine hit 17 PSI on the dyno when we tested out my china gauge...which read about 25PSI at the time.Don't think you'll find any cars that build boost quickly in 5th or above man. Others correct me if I'm wrong, but you'd need to be going very bloody fast for 5th to spool anything like a low gear?
stroller SHLAMBD. Member 259 Member For: 14y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 07/05/12 10:45 AM Posted 07/05/12 10:45 AM did this the other day on my 2010 FG with 39kdidnt seem to make a major differencehad to use a few hose clamps to get the hoses to stay on after lubing.
The Converted Legacy Donating Member 344 Member For: 15y 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/05/12 11:49 AM Posted 07/05/12 11:49 AM Hi Dillz and SteveR,To answer your questions, it is a standard 05 MkII engine with nizpro valve springs, It is an Autometer cobalt 20psi boost gauge and no matter whether I am working through the gears on WOT or letting 5th/6th build up over low revs, it will go straight past 20psi and hit the needles range limit. I don't make a habit of sending it off the dial every time I'm on a high way, nor am I expecting it to make boost rapidly in 5th or 6th. I am just worried about the safety of my engine. It was Nizpro who tuned the car, so I'm guessing they are the ones who can explain why it is doing this, but also makes me hesitant to take it to them for a fix. Kind regardsMichael
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 08/05/12 06:35 AM Posted 08/05/12 06:35 AM Thanks for the update, yeah that sounds like it needs checking on a dyno.
The Converted Legacy Donating Member 344 Member For: 15y 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/05/12 01:59 AM Posted 09/05/12 01:59 AM That's what I was hoping to avoid.I'm guessing that since Nizpro tuned it, they would have the tune in their computer system and ready to go/alter. I've heard nothing but good things about Pit Lane in Frankston, so I am more inclined to go there, however if they will have to start again with a fresh tune it would mean more $$ out of my pocket.Thanks for your responses and help.Kind regardsMichael
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 09/05/12 02:23 AM Posted 09/05/12 02:23 AM Same I haven't heard a bad story come out of pit lane. Everyone's been happy with their car that I know that's been there
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 04/06/12 08:57 AM Posted 04/06/12 08:57 AM Ok, so I was removing my boost solenoid to clean it out etc and I think I turned the bottom knob accidently a fair bit trying to get a grip...Or what I think is some sort of valve adjuster knob.I ended up not having to remove the solenoid completely so I never established what it was I thought I turned.So just wondering if there is a dial on the bottom of the solenoid and would I of have stuffed anything up power wise/tune wise by turning it? Car is tuned etc if it makes a difference to the answer..Googled all forums for answers and only found info on spraying wd40 inside it..Cheers, Josh
Gasman Ford Nub Member 412 Member For: 15y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 04/06/12 09:01 AM Posted 04/06/12 09:01 AM I think its just a cap under there 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now