Iceman Gene Legacy Donating Member 21 Member For: 14y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 27/12/11 11:02 AM Posted 27/12/11 11:02 AM Hell! I'm doing this tomorrow... I have only just brought the car but I'm keen to do anything to make my car go better, and I am a mechanic, and I hate working on my own cars, but spending a whopping 10 minutes for a performance upgrade.... I'll do it!!
Dan285 Inactive Members 1 Member For: 15y 2m 13d Posted 18/01/12 02:53 AM Posted 18/01/12 02:53 AM Just did mine, feels like I've put more boost in! Definitely comes on boost earlier! 1
Barra Legacy Donating Member 467 Member For: 17y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 23/01/12 08:33 PM Posted 23/01/12 08:33 PM http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-E36-E46-Vaccum-Control-Electric-Exhaust-Valve-328-/280690573801?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415a7641e9 Stumbled across this. Wonder if it could be controlled buy fords ecu??
Barra Legacy Donating Member 467 Member For: 17y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 23/01/12 08:36 PM Posted 23/01/12 08:36 PM http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Volvo-00-04-Turbo-Solenoid-Valve-OEM-new-boost-pressure-cut-/270889566520?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1246c138 Or this one?
ssstututu Member 88 Member For: 14y 9m 25d Posted 28/01/12 09:19 AM Posted 28/01/12 09:19 AM Just did this on mine and wow wat a difference. But I do have one question to me it feels like the wd is lubing up the acturwator and making it open more that it should can someone tell me if they noticed a difference on their boost gauge after they did this it feels to good to be right to me.Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 29/01/12 01:18 AM Posted 29/01/12 01:18 AM Its lubing it up therefore needs less vacuum/boost to open/close. It wont increase your top end power but it will give you a smoother boost curve and that is what most people feel.
ssstututu Member 88 Member For: 14y 9m 25d Posted 31/01/12 03:48 PM Posted 31/01/12 03:48 PM Also anychance this could improve fuel usage just the slightest? Cuz I normaly get 100km to a quater around town but its still not on a quater and its up to 115km I only did this on saturday Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 31/01/12 10:35 PM Posted 31/01/12 10:35 PM yep
ssstututu Member 88 Member For: 14y 9m 25d Posted 01/02/12 12:53 AM Posted 01/02/12 12:53 AM Sweet what other fuel saving tips fo u have for me :-)Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 01/02/12 01:03 AM Posted 01/02/12 01:03 AM LOL
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now