F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 20/11/06 12:29 PM Posted 20/11/06 12:29 PM My FPV Blue shockers are nearly dead... Looking for Front only, 330mm or 355mm ( running the 18's )Looking at ~$3000 - $3500 for the pair.What is around, and where can I get them from?? Cheers ppl..
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 1d Location: Perth Posted 20/11/06 12:32 PM Posted 20/11/06 12:32 PM (edited) http://www.bsmsport.com.au/OEM Brakes, no issue with insurance etc.Like I mentioned to you in your other post, $1000ea for the 6spots with brake pads, I think the rotors were around $300-$400 ea genuine Brembo's. Edited 20/11/06 12:34 PM by M6 XR6T
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 20/11/06 03:03 PM Author Posted 20/11/06 03:03 PM Cheers..I've sent them an email.
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 20/11/06 03:21 PM Posted 20/11/06 03:21 PM What do you mean by dead? Rotors maybe but calipers??
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 21/11/06 12:03 AM Author Posted 21/11/06 12:03 AM What do you mean by dead? Rotors maybe but calipers??←Rotors are farked.. Yeah, the calipers are fine.. but they really struggle with pulling the ute down on the track.
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/11/06 12:16 AM Posted 21/11/06 12:16 AM Ben my advice is to get the best brakes you can find.There's no way I'd run 4 pots with the power you are running, and if I'm going to excess on anything it's always brakes.... so I thoroughly recommend 6 pots.You have far greater margin for error, can brake later, and you'll have better lap times.Also think of it as insurance, and it might just save your life. I've had times where I've gone too hot into a corner, and the brakes have saved me.Brian
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/11/06 12:26 AM Posted 21/11/06 12:26 AM Ben my advice is to get the best brakes you can find.There's no way I'd run 4 pots with the power you are running, and if I'm going to excess on anything it's always brakes.... so I thoroughly recommend 6 pots.You have far greater margin for error, can brake later, and you'll have better lap times.Also think of it as insurance, and it might just save your life. I've had times where I've gone too hot into a corner, and the brakes have saved me.Brian←Totally agree.You can never spend too much $$$ on brakes.You wont regret it.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 21/11/06 03:51 AM Author Posted 21/11/06 03:51 AM Gents, I'd love nothing more than 6/8 pot Alcons, but the wife would love nothing more than for me to sell the ute. lol.So a compromise has to be struck..The fact I'm also in her ear about me wanting an EVO 3 as a track car doesn't help my cause in the slightest..So I'm looking at either the 6 pot Brembos, or some 4 pot AP's at the moment...I also shot an email to Harrop, they're kits are also pretty impressive.. 368mm Rotors.. Might be a bit unbalanced with those though.......
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 21/11/06 03:57 AM Posted 21/11/06 03:57 AM To get the balance right maybe some territory rears?
MercuryT Member 53 Member For: 21y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/11/06 04:21 AM Posted 21/11/06 04:21 AM I have recently fitted the setup that Simon @ Nizpro recommends. What a difference this has made, great feel and awesome stopping power!They are a 4 pot CSC caliper with a 356mm grooved and vented rotor with alumininium hats. These JUST fit inside the standard 17" rim. Unlike the Harrops as pictured they have 3 bolts at each end of the caliper for reduced flex. I think Simon sells this complete kit for about the $3,250 - $3,500 mark, they come with great pads (Ferodo 2500) and have so far proven to be excellent.I have attached a photo of the setup (Sorry about the brake dust, it has been 2 weeks since I washed my car, Victoria on Stage 2 water restrictions!!)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now