XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 15d Gender: Male Posted 01/12/08 07:51 AM Posted 01/12/08 07:51 AM the t56 will be easier than the zf mate.the list of new looms required for the zf is covered in this thread.
graham_h Member 39 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Posted 07/02/09 09:28 AM Posted 07/02/09 09:28 AM (edited) maybe you wouldn't want to do the AWD conversion allan.But can it be done ?All the running gear off a Terry ? Edited 07/02/09 09:32 AM by graham_h
hayythere Member 2 Member For: 17y 3m 10d Posted 29/06/09 03:34 AM Posted 29/06/09 03:34 AM (edited) I keep getting told by various people that the conversion can be done without changing so many things.They tell me that all you need to do is rewire the BA loom to fit the BF's ZF gearbox, with the addition of maybe another wire or two, and then re flash the BA computer so it can interface with the ZF gearbox.Now, I am a bit skeptical of what these people are telling me. Is there any truth in what they are saying? Now a question I have, what is the minimum work/changes required to get a BF 6 speed into a BA? Edited 29/06/09 03:35 AM by hayythere
Madwhip Member 73 Member For: 17y 11m 20d Posted 17/11/09 10:03 AM Posted 17/11/09 10:03 AM Now a question I have, what is the minimum work/changes required to get a BF 6 speed into a BA?Trade up
GinjaNinja Member 125 Member For: 17y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: SEQ Posted 09/01/11 09:30 AM Posted 09/01/11 09:30 AM Sweet, shows what mechanical ingenuity can do Maybe afterwards you could be thinking about strengthening the BA rear end (quite weak) ie. maybe source BF bits and pieces, as they have been strengthened, extra bolts, etc.My brain says the next gen falcon will have awd + 3.5 ecoboost like they have in the states, excited?
barra 265 Member 6 Member For: 15y 5m 21d Posted 12/06/11 05:57 AM Posted 12/06/11 05:57 AM Hi Buddy, currently getting by BA FG'd. Done the full hog with entire dash, body wiring looms, new FG Motor, new FG 6Spd, ABS/DSC. Did youhave any need to replace your ABS Wheel sensors? I'm assuming you had the BA Bosch 5.3 module originally, and swapped it out for the BF's ABS unit?I'm unsure if the BF runs a Bosch 5.3 or a Bosch 8.0, but the FG Runs a Bosch 8.1 which I've installed in my BA. The BA wheel speed sensors are apparently incompatible with the FG Bosch 8.1. In the rear, I've managed to install FG speed sensors, but the front ones are too much trouble to mount.FG wheel speed sensors are mounted inside the actual FG wheel hub, while BA/BF run them external on the suspension uprights.Can you tell me what Bosch module version you are running (part number would be great). Do you have traction and ABS?
barra 265 Member 6 Member For: 15y 5m 21d Posted 12/06/11 06:22 AM Posted 12/06/11 06:22 AM Which brake lines did you need to add? My BA ABS Modulator had no lines running to the rear brakes (NO TC), so I just installed these 2 extra lines from a BF. I didn't replace the other 4 ABS lines that run to the master cylinder. Am I missing something? Cheers.
neil101 Legacy Donating Member 123 Member For: 20y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Kurrajong Heights NSW Posted 11/10/11 09:58 AM Posted 11/10/11 09:58 AM the FG dash fits??? I didn't think it would
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 20/10/11 05:46 AM Posted 20/10/11 05:46 AM Just bringing this back to life, I have blown the engine in my BA turbo auto ute, and can get a complete BF Typhoon motor with 6 speed auto, wiring(not sure what), ecm etc.Would this be an easier conversion than done by the original poster??I am not sure of what other bits are available from the Phoon.Or do I just get an FG motor, and use my 4speed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now