Ford_Power Member 798 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Posted 09/11/06 08:57 AM Posted 09/11/06 08:57 AM (edited) Save your money and get it tuned by Simon. I used West Racing (albeit a while ago) to tune my ED XR6 after I had a Crow cam fitted and when I got it back it idled at 2500rpm, pinged its head off under part throttle, and failed to run in closed loop. When I asked him to fix it he said that "Sorry we tried, but this is the best we can get it"I dont think so Tim!!! I took it to another tuner and all my issues were sorted in 20 minutes!!! I subsequently called him up to let him know that another tuner had fixed my tune, and he told me on the phone that "No, that's not possible, he can't have, blah blah blah" I don't have time for such arrogance.I wouldn't touch West Racing with a 10 foot pole - and as Ben said, they are expensive.He may be good with WRX's but he sure isn't with Falcons!! Take a look in his workshop after all! It's full of Commodores and Subarus!Maybe he has upped his game with the BA.. I sure hope so... but still, I personally would not use them.Cheers,Ross Edited 09/11/06 09:01 AM by Ford_Power
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 2d Posted 09/11/06 01:16 PM Author Posted 09/11/06 01:16 PM im not getting him to tune it just for the dyno to check power because im getting it for pritty cheap. He did tell me he dosnt really do much with the falcons.Any way I got the tuner to put in new tunes. Its raining so havnt had a chance to give it too much but so far its alot smoother.Started nearling stalling when stopping at the lights, so I cleaned my throttle body out and its much better now.Any one else's throttle body get all cloged up and stuff up the idle?Any way im going to try and get another dyno run tomorrow after work. will post the results
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 2d Posted 13/11/06 10:55 AM Author Posted 13/11/06 10:55 AM got the dyno done with the new tune.pritty much made the same power but smoother graph without the surging.Would the fact that it was hot and humid make that big of a difference?I can feel alot more power but the graph isnt showing it at all
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m Location: Perth Posted 13/11/06 01:07 PM Posted 13/11/06 01:07 PM got the dyno done with the new tune.pritty much made the same power but smoother graph without the surging.Would the fact that it was hot and humid make that big of a difference?I can feel alot more power but the graph isnt showing it at all←Why don't you get the tuner to dyno it?You'd be better off paying for a custom tune, something like your car with a stock setup should cost no more than $150-$200, plus dyno time, provided your car is in good working order. Expect around 230-250rwkw depending on how good your fuel system is.
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 2d Posted 13/11/06 01:31 PM Author Posted 13/11/06 01:31 PM the tuner dosnt have his own dyno.Its one of his custom tune hes made to replace the generic capa tunesbut still its 208rwkw. Dosnt a stock manual T pull that??Mine feels alot faster than it did stock.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 13/11/06 02:11 PM Posted 13/11/06 02:11 PM That's deplorable.. Sorry, but it is..
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 2d Posted 13/11/06 02:25 PM Author Posted 13/11/06 02:25 PM tell me about it. Just wish I new what was wrong.It could always be a crappy dyno it was run on as its pritty old
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 13/11/06 02:40 PM Posted 13/11/06 02:40 PM That's deplorable.. Sorry, but it is..←Had to open up word and check exactly what deplorable meant..... for all english dumbar$es it basically means terrible or something Mine did 190 std and its a 6sp man. Some do worse. Really need to work it out on a % increase basis.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 13/11/06 03:16 PM Posted 13/11/06 03:16 PM That's deplorable.. Sorry, but it is..←Had to open up word and check exactly what deplorable meant..... for all english dumbar$es it basically means terrible or something ←No wonder you drink middies at the local...behemoth
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 13/11/06 09:24 PM Posted 13/11/06 09:24 PM Think everyone is getting too verbose, small words people so I can read it.Custom tune and a good tuner, the only way to go.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now