crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Posted 07/11/06 10:33 AM Posted 07/11/06 10:33 AM I recently got my flash tuner and I wasnt too impressed with the generic capa tunes. So I got some generics from another company put in and it felt alot betterhere is my graphThe guy who did the dyno said the generic capa 10psi tunes he has dont have all done around 320hp. My car is also running lean, when I was told this tune would run good mixtures. Also the guy said the mid range is lacking alot of power.Any ideas?
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 07/11/06 10:36 AM Posted 07/11/06 10:36 AM I recently got my flash tuner and I wasnt too impressed with the generic capa tunes. So I got some generics from another company put in and it felt alot betterhere is my graphThe guy who did the dyno said the generic capa 10psi tunes he has dont have all done around 320hp. My car is also running lean, when I was told this tune would run good mixtures. Also the guy said the mid range is lacking alot of power.Any ideas?←Best idea is to get a custom tune.Geea.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 07/11/06 10:38 AM Posted 07/11/06 10:38 AM It does seem a bit on the low side, as it is only around 220 rwkw.Is your car manual or auto?
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Posted 07/11/06 10:39 AM Author Posted 07/11/06 10:39 AM (edited) that's what I wanted to do but was told there is no point until I get more mods. what anoys me is I was told this would run good miitures and have more power than the generic capa tunesIts a 5 speed manual Edited 07/11/06 10:41 AM by crans
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 07/11/06 10:42 AM Posted 07/11/06 10:42 AM (edited) Sorry crans, I remember your post about the manual to auto change over, so I guess you are a 5 speed manual, in which case the number is definitely low, as some manuals do 210 rwkw stock.What are your mods (apart from the Edit)? Edited 07/11/06 10:42 AM by Ninka
O2STOCK Legacy Donating Member 607 Member For: 21y 19d Location: Brisbane Posted 07/11/06 10:44 AM Posted 07/11/06 10:44 AM Dont mess around you will spend a lot of wasted time and money get a custom tune even with out mods. Not only is it all about power on the dyno. A good custom tune will improve gear changes (If Auto) and make the car more responsive
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Posted 07/11/06 10:44 AM Author Posted 07/11/06 10:44 AM Only other mod is rear mufflers removed, Plugs gapped to .8 and better thermostat
lucifers xr6t Legacy Donating Member 57 Member For: 21y 11m 9d Location: Melbourne Posted 07/11/06 10:51 AM Posted 07/11/06 10:51 AM Do yourself and your ride a favour , go custom tune now.Most tuners will only charge you a fraction of the full price after mod's . and if they try whacking you the full monty find a new tuner.
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 07/11/06 11:36 AM Posted 07/11/06 11:36 AM your wasting your money get a custom tune done
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/11/06 12:10 PM Posted 07/11/06 12:10 PM Only other mod is rear mufflers removed, Plugs gapped to .8 and better thermostat←Rear muffler or centre muffler removed?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now