Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 10y 5m 13d
Posted

Mate after 15k going into the car I should have something close to 300rwkw.. even from a ba block, id like it on E85 as from what I know its better on the block?

The tune shouldnt look like a wave correct? So not happy! ATM I dont know the true power of the car... it stalls at stop signs traffic lights the shops so atm limping it around most of the time so it doesnt get any other issues.

I want another tune and choose to see what CMS can do with it... pretty sure that's fine to.

Ill wait till I have a better bottom end and btr before going for plus 400 club.

So hopefully there isnt much other then a re-tune needed for now.

 

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 10d
Posted

Didn't you say it made 320 on 14psi then brought back to 12.5 psi. The setup is there to do it your just pushing limits of mechanical sympathy.

Paul can tune it on e85, will be dedicated as HP tuners can only give you one tune.

Stalling issues, take it back. Easy to miss a parameter here or there in the tune.

.

I've used Paul for 4 years and talk to him quite regularly. Even chatted to him about your car the day it left the shop.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 10y 5m 13d
Posted (edited)

Ive emailed him about it all... he skipped over it other then my info on hopefully getting a fg bottom and forged internals.

Oh he said the wave mite be from slipping or jumping on the dyno.

I like paul and 95% of the works been great!!

Though I felt pissed off and ripped off the other day and now just taking it for a second opinion as many have said on here to do so.

The car made great power after the first lot of mods. Then went in again put $8500 into it and came out with that graph a poor excuse to why its like that and the read is only 37hp more then the last tune done but its at 15.5psi which doesnt sit right with me.

Hopefully cms dont find any issue and ill probs go back to paul when I do the next upgrades.. cause like I said I like the guy think all the work his put into it was great until that graph and excuse.

 

 

 

 

Edited by BAXRTUTE
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

15k with a tune like that ........ You got raped twice over bud 

 

I tuned this BA two weeks ago and only just nudged 15psi 

the car has approximately 7k drive in drive out as the owner didn't lift a spanner ( if you were to replicate the hard parts and pay rrp to install it all )

 

yes its manual but it would be at least 310rwkw if it was a BTR 

 

CL8WvdS.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 10d
Posted

Comes on at 12? Would feel Ghey as to drive.

.

And it's only 63K kays on it.

.

And I made 330kw the first go spending like 3K. So that guy got ripped as well.

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Oh gaz please didn't your pro tuner lift your head a half a dozen times trying to get E85 into it hahaha 

 

if torque and power are progressively lifting you wouldn't feel anything except a constant pull hence why torque is displayef to show how it "feels" 

 

a BA is vastly different to a BF when we tune and how we can tune so 330 in a BA isn't same/same as 330 in a BF 

 

I was using the 7k figure as a higher end example as more expensive higher spec parts were used and still only came in at 7k let alone the 15k op spent on the point break tune .....

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 10d
Posted

Lift head half dozen times? You do live in fairy land.

I pushed coolant when I played with my boost controller on a cold night.

And I have 2 dyno sheets from when it was tuned , one at 80% dc and the other at 90% dc and it made more power at each point in the rpm range. No knock there.

.

I guess we will see the wave when cms runs it up

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

Yeah make sure they run it on that file and see what's up

Easy on the timing on a ba, gotta love those skinny rods

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...