geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 18/05/06 01:41 AM Posted 18/05/06 01:41 AM I've been talking with Luke from Fullboost. Currently a ute must use a normal ute body to qualify for the Fullboost XR6T top 20. This was done to stop people taking off the tub to shed alot of Kg's. Some guys are currently running flat trays for work reasons and this would not allow them to be on the list. I'm not sure what the weight difference would be without the standard tub and with a try instead, maybe someone can findout.What do people think, should tubless utes be allowed in the Fullboost top 20????Geea.
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 18/05/06 02:12 AM Posted 18/05/06 02:12 AM If it was bought with an alloy tray that is how it should be raced.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 18/05/06 02:47 AM Posted 18/05/06 02:47 AM I notice a few tray back guys around, is that fair?? If it left the factory with a tray, then yes. Although I didn't know you could option a tray on an XR6T or Tornado for that matter??
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/05/06 03:12 AM Posted 18/05/06 03:12 AM I dont know what the weight advantage would be, but surely this would be offset by the difficulty getting the power to the ground. I say let them in.Scotty
qwigybo Member 288 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Location: bendigo home of SFA Posted 18/05/06 05:53 AM Posted 18/05/06 05:53 AM I'm pretty sure weight advantage would be around 200kg or there abouts
Chooka THE Member Legacy Donating Member 1,210 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/05/06 06:36 AM Posted 18/05/06 06:36 AM The sedan's have a weight advantage over the Ute's at the moment now anyway now don't they?I say let em run!Chooka
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/05/06 06:59 AM Posted 18/05/06 06:59 AM I doubt there are many XR6T utes that have a genuine need for a tray and are running at the drags near the times needed to get into the top 10 .I think it should have to have the tub.
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 18/05/06 07:45 AM Posted 18/05/06 07:45 AM You sedan owners are a "Bunch of sooks...." worried about a ute taking your place.... hey?Tray or tub, doesn't matter. Let them be on the list I say!The current ford XR6 tray fits straight onto the rear of an XR6T.Sounds good to me. Go the Utes!Ford Australia's only big performance 2-door coupe.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/05/06 07:49 AM Posted 18/05/06 07:49 AM There is an trayback XR8 near my place, so I guess you can get a T with a trayback
youngy Member 293 Member For: 21y 1m 7d Posted 18/05/06 07:57 AM Posted 18/05/06 07:57 AM it doesn't bother me either way. I'm gonna run mine witha tray and tailgate coz that's how it came but its just the same as adam running with a stripped interior to get his nine
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now