Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Hey all,

I read a lot about how people get sensational power figures from various mods from various tuners.(myself included in this category ).

So my question is cant you just crank up the boost to achieve a certain power level? Boost = power.

Obviously a xr6t will struggle with internals around the 330rwkw+ mark but a phoon can achieve more due to stronger internals. Lots of people say they are getting x amount of rwkw but very rarely do people say what boost they are,and were originally running.Obviously if a stock xr6t runs 5-6psi stock its going to achieve much higher power levels simply by turning up the boost to 13 or 14psi.

If this sounds stupid I apologise otherwise I would like to hear your thoughts.

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

I make 300rwkw on 12psi.

Good ol unichip :laughing:

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Increasing boost will increase the amount of air in the cylinder, in turn that means you need to increase the amount of fuel that's also delivered to the cylinder.

So in short no it's not just a matter of winding up the boost.

Each tuner has their prefered method of tuning, from what I understand you can run more boost with less timing or less boost with more timing, as to the reasons why different tuners use each approach is a question that is way beyond me. I'm sure Simon from Xtreme can answer you question better.

For the mods you have your results seem normal to me.

  • XR68UZ
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 27d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

does your edit reduce fuel economy? as more boost = more air = more fuel .

  • THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: At the lights!
Posted
I make 300rwkw on 12psi.

Good ol unichip :laughing:

I have 247.5RWKW on 13psi.

I know some ppl have said that is to high for 247.5 but

hay my Tuner said its on a safe level and mate am I loving the pwr.

Its like im running 300RWKW on my car cause that's what kind of boost levels YOU would expect on that amount of pwr. :laughing:

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

You cannot just increase the boost on a T without a Edit or piggyback ECU.

If you put a bleed valve on, it will just go into limp mode because the T is smarter than most turbo cars.

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
does your edit reduce fuel economy? as more boost = more air = more fuel .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will get better fuel economy with edit as it is tuned correctly. The T with a factory tune runs rich, so the edit will make the AFR's much better.

You may use more fuel because you might like to use the extra power, but this is caused by the right foot not the edit :laughing:

  • THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: At the lights!
Posted
You cannot just increase the boost on a T without a Edit or piggyback ECU.

If you put a bleed valve on, it will just go into limp mode because the T is smarter than most turbo cars.

So if we cant increase boost without edit then can we WITH EDIT?? Is it safe to do so?

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted
You cannot just increase the boost on a T without a Edit or piggyback ECU.

If you put a bleed valve on, it will just go into limp mode because the T is smarter than most turbo cars.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So if we cant increase boost without edit then can we WITH EDIT?? Is it safe to do so?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To a small extent, yes. too much boost and it will lean out too much.

  • THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: At the lights!
Posted
I make 300rwkw on 12psi.

Good ol unichip :laughing:

I have 247.5RWKW on 13psi.

I know some ppl have said that is to high for 247.5 but

hay my Tuner said its on a safe level and mate am I loving the pwr.

Its like im running 300RWKW on my car cause that's what kind of boost levels YOU would expect on that amount of pwr. :laughing:

Would I be correct on the above comment guys???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...