Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Its like im running 300RWKW on my car cause that's what kind of boost levels YOU would expect on that amount of pwr. :laughing:

I don't think so champ.

247rwkw's is not 300rwkw's no matter how much boost your running. :laughing:

  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted

326 rwkw 15 psi boost.

Now in relation to extra boost and extra fuel which creates higher cylinder pressures and temps there is also one other think that needs to adjusted and that is ignition timing as the more pressure the more likly you will get denention if there is to much ignition timing so this has to be taken into account.

Ian

  • THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 1d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: At the lights!
Posted
Its like im running 300RWKW on my car cause that's what kind of boost levels YOU would expect on that amount of pwr. :laughing:

I don't think so champ.

247rwkw's is not 300rwkw's no matter how much boost your running. :laughing:

I agree with u buddy, but still from my knowledge 13psi is heaps quicker then 9psi so dont you think it should make a difference down the quarter mile.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 6d
  • Location: Geelong Victoria
Posted

I am a little confused aswell! can you just get a custom tune to improve economy and power without purchasing a flash box?

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted (edited)
Its like im running 300RWKW on my car cause that's what kind of boost levels YOU would expect on that amount of pwr. :laughing:

I don't think so champ.

247rwkw's is not 300rwkw's no matter how much boost your running. :laughing:

I agree with u buddy, but still from my knowledge 13psi is heaps quicker then 9psi so dont you think it should make a difference down the quarter mile.

I don't think so.

I am a little confused aswell! can you just get a custom tune to improve economy and power without purchasing a flash box?

No.

Edited by Adam
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 6d
  • Location: Geelong Victoria
Posted

so a custom tune is always done with a flash box correct? and if you purchase a capa or other brand flash box you cant just plug it in and hope for the best you have to pay for a custom tune also?

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted
Its like im running 300RWKW on my car cause that's what kind of boost levels YOU would expect on that amount of pwr. :laughing:

I don't think so champ.

247rwkw's is not 300rwkw's no matter how much boost your running. :laughing:

I agree with u buddy, but still from my knowledge 13psi is heaps quicker then 9psi so dont you think it should make a difference down the quarter mile.

Dude it depends where your power comes in but I would say no.I made 240rwkw with 9 psi

  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted
I make 300rwkw on 12psi.

Good ol unichip :laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have 247.5RWKW on 13psi.

I know some ppl have said that is to high for 247.5 but

hay my Tuner said its on a safe level and mate am I loving the pwr.

Its like im running 300RWKW on my car cause that's what kind of boost levels YOU would expect on that amount of pwr. :laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would I be correct on the above comment guys???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We were getting 300 rwkw at 17 psi boost and than with another tuner we got 326 rwkw on 15 psi because he adjusted the feul and timing maps more.

Ian

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
so a custom tune is always done with a flash box correct? and if you purchase a capa or other brand flash box you cant just plug it in and hope for the best you have to pay for a custom tune also?

All tunes, custom or generic are done via the flash box.

You can use the generic tunes if you want. I wouldn't.

The best results and economy will be on a custom tune.

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Is that the boost it made on the dyno or boost the registers on your gauge.Cheap gauges can give misleading boost levels.

Mine gauge reads 3 psi out at 12psi

Just a thought

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...