WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 21d
You heard any good things about those zestino or whatever name it is? The cheap ones with a 'soft' compound (140 treadwear I think?). 

Or is westlake and them really only good for drifters I.e. they smoke up well

Wouldn't touch them. Most likely cheap tyres using old 'major tyre brand' tread patterns that are now obsolete. (Eg: ku31 pattern)

I've used cheaper tyres at the track before, and called it a night after under 10 laps ... 4 wheel slide under 90kmh, this was with 275s on the back. Utter rubbish.

Waste of a night, waste of prep, waste of money. Spend the money on quality brand name performance tyres and you won't waste money.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 21d

Sounds like fun hahaha.  Ignoring the waste of time and money anyway.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 4m 17d

"The body has 150,000 ks but that means nothing now." ........"The only catches are that the coil overs make a bit of creeking noise which can be all fixed up with some new bushes etc," :laughcont::laughing:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/perth-cbd/cars-vans-utes/510hp-bf-series2-xr6-turbo-manual-29-000ks/1106201698

He'd need to adjust the price and stop calling it a BF hahaha...

I wonder if these dark argents he is selling with bad tyres were fitted to the car he is now selling

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/perth-cbd/wheels-tyres-rims/2x-fpv-20-dark-argent-wheels-ba-bf-fg-xr6-xr8/1105922707

The more I look the more I want to save and get something brand new :(

In regards to tyres, I still wonder why nobody has tried out the continentals, some people have complained about weaker sidewalls (I never had an issue) but my favorites were the conti sport contact 3 on my old mercury ba turbo.

I may or may not have mentioned that I spotted it cruising along a few weeks ago with brembo brakes on 18s or 19s which was kinda nice......It does makes me wonder where the owners priorities are because they neglected to fix the $2600 worth of panel damage I caused to the car and have caused more damage to the other side.

Edited by johnxr6t

• Donating Members

Maybe the brakes had become so bad that more panel damage was likely if they drove it and had to stop hahaha

• Donating Members

I spotted a tiny bit of peel where I have my dash cam mount stuck to the windscreen...the tab I press to release it is too close and my finger must have been rubbing against it.  Dammit.

• Member For: 14y 7m

So for those that have fitted their Earl's turbo oil line filter already, is the heat shielding sleeve long enough as per the photo in the ad or should I order some extra?  What brand and type would I need?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FG-TURBO-STEALTH-OIL-LINE-FILTER-KIT-EARLS-AEROFLOW-XR6-FPV-F6-FALCON-G6-/181191281689?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2fd78c19

Also roughly how many of these hose separators should I get, I want a clean look, no cable ties, as I assume with the heat, the cable ties would eventually perish and come apart.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEROFLOW-BLACK-BILLET-DUAL-HOSE-SEPARATOR-I-D-1-2-12-7mm-AF156-08BLK-/400749180150?hash=item5d4e8334f6:g:umoAAOSwd4tT1z56

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Boost Addict
  • Member For: 15y 9m 24d