WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d
4 hours ago, MurdoK said:

Dont ask me about cornering performance cause car is boat

this. true for all T's

My next set for the front will be Michelin Pilot Sport 3. After lots of looking they seem to be the best on the market. 

And if anyone has any "Stance SC-5" in 19"x8" and 19"x10", I want

Edited by Krazy Kyle

• Cruise Control

Michelin's in-house testing, performed at the Michelin Technology Center, helped identify six key areas in which the Michelin Pilot Super Sport outperforms its predecessor, the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2:

• Road-holding on dry surfaces: Tests showed a 1.5-second gain on a 2,700-meter closed-circuit track.
  • Braking on dry surfaces: When decelerating from 100 km/h to a full stop, braking distance was shortened by 1.5 meters.
  • Road-holding on wet surfaces: Time was reduced by 2.5 seconds on a 4,100-meter closed-circuit track.
  • Braking on wet roads: When decelerating from 80 to 10 km/h, braking distance was shortened by 3 meters.
  • Total mileage on the track: 50% more laps.
  • Total mileage on the road: 10% greater distance.

yes, that (super sport... I knew what I ment)

• Like 1

• Member For: 16y 8m 10d

if you think the falcon handles like a boat you need to get some shockworks on it, I reckon it corners like a champ, with NT01 rspecs my F6 is pretty damn competitive in a field of dedicated track cars. I recently took it out on track with Invos and I thought it was squirmy and all over the place, so it all depends on the tyres. Had good turn in though so I rate Invos for that, you can tell the tread is designed for lateral grip. My rears are shagged so it was just constant power oversteer, but the shockworks keep the car sorted even at pretty extreme angles, I.e. no wallowing snapback when you straighten it up.

I'm looking for better rears though, I found Bridgestone RE11, close enough to being an rspec but it's a road tyre. Available in only 2 sizes which just happen to be what I need. Perfect. Except there are none available and no one can tell me when or if they will be available again. FFFFKkkn hell. I think I'll have to look at Pilot Super Sports but $650 per tyre hurts. 

• Like 1

• Cruise Control

Compared to a 86 its a boat. Suspension and tyres help, but its still a 2 tonne RWD taxi

• Member For: 16y 8m 10d

well it's always gonna be a heavy car you can't do much about that, but for 1800kg it handles well with just coilovers and tyres, and the straight line performance makes up for any shortfall. I also have a Clio 182 which is known for its handling and only weighs a tonne, and yes it's sharper and more responsive but I don't think the F6 is a boat in comparison. I just tell anyone who calls it a boat to keep up with me on track, they normally shut up.

• Like 1

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 4d

these 3 things will help the most, power isnt important.

vehicle suspension setup - keeping the vehicle balanced through the corners and into braking is where you will save time.
brakes - good brake fluid for when you decide you want to brake more aggressively & deeper -- MORE USEFUL MORE MULTIPLE LAPS RATHER THAN 1 HOT LAP
tyres - grippier the better -- BUT the more track orientated it is, the less likely it will go "squirmy" on you deep under brakes after 2-3 laps, I've had Toyo T1R's essentially melt on me after 2 hot laps, but funnily enough had a control tyre (Nexen N6000 235/40/R18) last a half decent distance despite being a cheap daily tyre.

if you want to play, you have to pay. 
get a good street tyre, and a set of circuit orientated tyres for the track.

by circuit tyres I mean semi slicks, and I dont mean those POS westlake tyres etc
you want Bridgestone RE55, Toyo R888, Pirelli P-zero Corsa, etc

Edited by Tocchi

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 5d

Yeah Nelsonian101 finds his car faster on like 300rwkw than on 400rwkw, he races against Evos etc on track and does very very well, top 3 IIRC...I guess set up of everything else is king Tocchi says.  Maybe if you were racing LeMans or something massive power would help but not on twisty tracks.

Would love to track my car but I'm scared I'll break it in a serious way...which I can't afford!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 3d
5 hours ago, Tocchi said:

by circuit tyres I mean semi slicks, and I dont mean those POS westlake tyres etc
you want Bridgestone RE55, Toyo R888, Pirelli P-zero Corsa, etc

You heard any good things about those zestino or whatever name it is? The cheap ones with a 'soft' compound (140 treadwear I think?). 

Or is westlake and them really only good for drifters I.e. they smoke up well

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 7d

Was pretty keen on the drags tomorrow night until I found this giving the pig an oil change today...

678A0C3A-74D0-4A50-A9E1-501347879AD1_zps

achilles atr sport 2's about 10,000 kays old. Same thing happened to a set the missus had on her Fg. *sigh* now to find a new tyre for the fronts. Always had invos on the rear. Thinking of trying the ku31 or 39 on the front.