FAT-51X Member 254 Member For: 22y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 12/07/05 06:06 AM Posted 12/07/05 06:06 AM ok well it seems ill get my head taken off cos I have 20's with standard breaks... but on an XT...had no problems fitting them on, only problem was getting the ride height sitting nicely... be careful if u go big wheels and try and make the sill @ an even height in the front and rear because camber will play a massive role, the cammed bolts on the stub axel can only corret approx 1 degree of camber on the XR's so anythng lower than super low springs in the rear and your gonna run into trouble...
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 12/07/05 06:11 AM Posted 12/07/05 06:11 AM Has anybody thought about if it's ROADWORTHY????.............l thought that you can only go 2" higher from factory fitted rims
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 8d Location: Canberra Posted 12/07/05 06:13 AM Posted 12/07/05 06:13 AM I guess you could argue that 18" is a factory option, so 20" would be legal (using your argument, I got no idea)?
jEtONiT Legacy Donating Member 1,817 Member For: 22y 11m 4d Gender: Not Telling Location: next door.. Posted 12/07/05 07:32 AM Posted 12/07/05 07:32 AM gotta join the club with the NO CHROME.. each to their own though.err, I heard that if you get bigger rims, the profile of the tyre has do decrease to keep it relative.. am I right??
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 12/07/05 08:42 AM Posted 12/07/05 08:42 AM Has anybody thought about if it's ROADWORTHY????.............l thought that you can only go 2" higher from factory fitted rims <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Spot on...This is something that cops are really getting stuck into aswell
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 12/07/05 08:59 AM Posted 12/07/05 08:59 AM I guess you could argue that 18" is a factory option, so 20" would be legal (using your argument, I got no idea)? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>19" are available with GT-P now.I'm not really a fan of anything over 19" on BAs, especially if chrome. That Blueprint XR looks like one of those Dub City diecast models you see at Toys R Us.Actually of all the BAs I've seen with 20s the white XT looks the best IMO.
built2redline Member 187 Member For: 21y 5m 5d Location: sh*tney Posted 12/07/05 09:25 AM Posted 12/07/05 09:25 AM I think 19s are the right size for the baI originally wanted 20's because I thought bigger was better but im glad I got 19's instead
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 12/07/05 09:31 AM Posted 12/07/05 09:31 AM Nice wheels mate, I was looking at getting some similar ones but changed my mind. What are they called and what size (width) are they?
built2redline Member 187 Member For: 21y 5m 5d Location: sh*tney Posted 12/07/05 09:55 AM Posted 12/07/05 09:55 AM they are called impul, a guy was selling some on the forum a while agothey are 8.5 inch wide front and rear, could have got the 9.5 for the rear but insurance companys are a bunch of c*#ts
IceMyButt Link Member 421 Member For: 22y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/07/05 10:06 AM Posted 12/07/05 10:06 AM Each to their own people.For me I love em and have had nothing but great comments from all I have spoken to and seen the car in the flesh.I have 225/35 on the front which fit the 8.5inch rim just fine and 245/35 on the rear at the moment - these will be getting wider when these ones fry out. I will be running 275's with MT's on my drag rims.Big brakes are on the way - gotta have something to fill the gap - $6K or so for a decent set is not small potatoes so it all takes time
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now