Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 22/07/05 11:26 AM Posted 22/07/05 11:26 AM Drive your car normally on a public roadway and road related areas and 20's wont worry anyone. They will however become a great excuse for a defect and traffic infringement if the attitude sux and your driving record reflects it.....and if you have an accident and your insurance Company notices that legaly it's unroadworthy......and in addition you didn't tell them it was unroadworthy.
Guest Vulture72 Guests Posted 24/07/05 12:26 PM Posted 24/07/05 12:26 PM (edited) The problem is that all of the 20" rims people are putting on the T look, well, gay.No offense to all the owners in the above cars pictured, but crap man, every single rim shown is chrome... AAAHHHHHHH! DIE!I know its personal prefference, but chrome rims make me want to spew. Leave extra shiny additions to the rice club, make the body of your car a mirror finish, not your damn wheels.../me puts flame suit on.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, my first post here. I couldn't agree more. I suppose I sound like an old bas*ard but to me chrome wheels don't look right. Shadow chrome - OK but full on chromies always seem to look cheap. I know that I'm probably out numbered in this opinion but give me a nice clean set of BBS rims for example and I'll show you a classy ride. BTW inquiring about replacing my VYSS with an XR6T tomorrow! Edited 24/07/05 12:27 PM by Vulture72
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 24/07/05 12:30 PM Posted 24/07/05 12:30 PM BTW inquiring about replacing my VYSS with an XR6T tomorrow!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>No need for an enquiry mate just tell the ford guys to take it and burn it lol just kidding mate. BTW,
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/07/05 12:39 PM Posted 24/07/05 12:39 PM The problem is that all of the 20" rims people are putting on the T look, well, gay.No offense to all the owners in the above cars pictured, but crap man, every single rim shown is chrome... AAAHHHHHHH! DIE!I know its personal prefference, but chrome rims make me want to spew. Leave extra shiny additions to the rice club, make the body of your car a mirror finish, not your damn wheels.../me puts flame suit on.I suppose I sound like an old bas*ard but to me chrome wheels don't look right. Shadow chrome - OK but full on chromies always seem to look cheap. I know that I'm probably out numbered in this opinion but give me a nice clean set of BBS rims for example and I'll show you a classy ride. From one old bas*ard to another, I couldnt agree more. And if you cant afford BBS rims, go the Lenso copies
Guest Vulture72 Guests Posted 24/07/05 12:42 PM Posted 24/07/05 12:42 PM (edited) Thanks for the welcome. BTW, is there anything I should look out for in the deal? ie are the performance brakes worth it? I was also thinking of getting my own wheels: 18 or 19s rather than the factory 18s. Not sure if I should start a new thread? Edited 24/07/05 12:44 PM by Vulture72
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 24/07/05 12:46 PM Posted 24/07/05 12:46 PM check this out vulturehttp://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18872http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18851http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18750
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 14/08/05 02:56 AM Posted 14/08/05 02:56 AM I now have 20" on the front and 22" on the rear they should be fitted to the car this week I figured I needed some show with all the go As far as performance on the road who cares really if you want to race take it to the track
wicksy still kicking around Member 1,789 Member For: 23y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 14/08/05 03:30 AM Posted 14/08/05 03:30 AM I now have 20" on the front and 22" on the rear they should be fitted to the car this week I figured I needed some show with all the go As far as performance on the road who cares really if you want to race take it to the track<{POST_SNAPBACK}> damn that is going to look good, but remember the pics adam
Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 14/08/05 09:08 AM Posted 14/08/05 09:08 AM I reckon over 19's is prob a bit to big, but Link's car looks nice, although I do have a soft spot for them HP rims....
IceMyButt Link Member 421 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/08/05 11:31 PM Posted 14/08/05 11:31 PM Thanks Mr man.The HP rims represent good value for money I think - and arent too 'over the top' with chrome!I am happy with them so far!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now