Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/07/05 06:21 AM Posted 17/07/05 06:21 AM Pretty much committed to buying a XR6T 05 plate black, standard apart from window tint, oh yeah manual. Having spent a couple of hours reading all the forums am starting to wonder if I have made the right choice. Are these things really as problematic as discussed, and what is the fuel usage really varies?
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/07/05 06:34 AM Posted 17/07/05 06:34 AM The problem is, especially this Forum, is that you always read/hear about the bad stories. You hardly ever hear about the good stories!Dont worry about the problems or the fuel consumption. If you want to save on fuel, buy a Echo! If you want the power, you will need to fuel it. My T is fantastic. Best move in my entire life buying that car. Pure and simple.
Aeron Member 194 Member For: 22y 5m 19d Location: Sydney Posted 17/07/05 06:37 AM Posted 17/07/05 06:37 AM (edited) Yeh, you only hear the bad stuff. I love my XR6T and wouldnt have anything else.............................well, I'd have a Typhoon Edited 17/07/05 06:38 AM by Aeron
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/07/05 06:42 AM Author Posted 17/07/05 06:42 AM Echo not an option, trading in a Ford Focus for the XR6T, not going back to a small car. After all I traded an EL XR8 for the Focus, still wondering why I did.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/07/05 06:43 AM Posted 17/07/05 06:43 AM Pretty much committed to buying a XR6T 05 plate black, standard apart from window tint, oh yeah manual. Having spent a couple of hours reading all the forums am starting to wonder if I have made the right choice. Are these things really as problematic as discussed, and what is the fuel usage really varies?No, they are not particularly problematic. Its just the guys with problems yell more than the guys that dont.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 17/07/05 07:35 AM Posted 17/07/05 07:35 AM You will find there are more good cars then bad mate. No matter wat car you buy there will always be problems with mass producution.As if u needed any more proofhttp://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...topic=18851&hl=
Swanga Benzene Member 432 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Out West Posted 17/07/05 07:38 AM Posted 17/07/05 07:38 AM Exactly what the others guys have said........this is my 2nd BA, I had problems with my first one and have problems with this one but id still buy another one, every manufacturer has problems even when you pay over 100k.
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 17/07/05 08:15 AM Posted 17/07/05 08:15 AM Pretty much committed to buying a XR6T 05 plate black, standard apart from window tint, oh yeah manual. Having spent a couple of hours reading all the forums am starting to wonder if I have made the right choice. Are these things really as problematic as discussed, and what is the fuel usage really varies?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>No, they are not particularly problematic. Its just the guys with problems yell more than the guys that dont.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well said, I agree totally. Im sure you will be as happy as a pig in when youve got a nice looking T in the garage! Shane
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/07/05 10:03 AM Posted 17/07/05 10:03 AM (edited) Pretty much committed to buying a XR6T 05 plate black, standard apart from window tint, oh yeah manual. Having spent a couple of hours reading all the forums am starting to wonder if I have made the right choice. Are these things really as problematic as discussed, and what is the fuel usage really varies?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>No, they are not particularly problematic. Its just the guys with problems yell more than the guys that dont.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well said, I agree totally. Im sure you will be as happy as a pig in when youve got a nice looking T in the garage! Shane<{POST_SNAPBACK}>As always there are a lot of loud squeaky wheels. Imagine how boring it would be if we all come on here every day self promoting and bragging about how great our cars are – then we’d be mistaken for Expensive Daewoo drivers.But since I have the opportunity to say so, it’s definitely the best set of wheels I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning. And still to this day I feel like a school kid with the grin that it brings to my face when you see that tosser in the fully sik lancer in your rear vision mirror that that he would take you on at the lights!Go for it – even if you are unfortunate enough to suffer from a few little niggling problems you won’t regret it.Trent. Edited 17/07/05 10:04 AM by tab
dal_dhillon Member 425 Member For: 21y 7m 14d Location: Hurstville, Sydney Posted 17/07/05 11:27 AM Posted 17/07/05 11:27 AM Go for it mate! I have also read alot of things but not to worried about it has I know alot of people here have T's and not have any problems onlt minor ones!!but u get that in other makes also!! I have a Mazda SP20 and it got minor problem it can all be fix!! I will be in the same boat as you will b getting my T in 4 months time Dal.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now