CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 09/06/05 04:26 AM Posted 09/06/05 04:26 AM Any news on a group buy. Still very interested.I'm interested in a sedan setup also!!
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 25d Location: Canberra Posted 09/06/05 04:47 AM Posted 09/06/05 04:47 AM They are 2.5", I got mine done about 6 months ago I cant remember how muchI don't mean to rain on the parade here, but wasn't there a discussion that concluded that a 2.25" replacement would be much better? Assuming the stock pipes on either end of the replacement hot dogs are 2.25", this makes sense to me. I mean, what's the point of going to such lengths to make sure the airflow if free flowing and uninterrupted (ie. paying for mandrel instead of pipe bends), only to have a huge interruption when the air tries to pass from a 2.5" pipe back into the standard 2.25"?! Have I missed something here? Seems to me that when the 2.5" pipes join back up, there'll be this complete ring sticking down (which I assume would be about half of 0.25" in thickness all the way round) from the stock pipe, which would seriously interrupt the air flow?I seem to recall that people who had 2.5" replacements didn't really notice a discernible increase in power (judged by the good ol' seat of the pants method), whereas those with 2.25" pipes did?! Any views/comments?
velociTy Team Velocity Member 1,202 Member For: 21y 11m 30d Gender: Male Location: Margs WA Posted 09/06/05 05:59 AM Posted 09/06/05 05:59 AM Any news on a group buy. Still very interested.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I couldnt wait, ordered mine this morning the only problem is trying to find a courier to get it from QLD to SW WA ive been trying for about 4 hrs sofar and the best price I can get so far is $272 that's more than I paid for the F#%*#n thing .If anyone has some postage advice PLEASE HELP.thanks
utexr6t Member 69 Member For: 21y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 09/06/05 06:00 AM Posted 09/06/05 06:00 AM I'm sure they could do them in the 2.25" if we asked for them.Simmo, do you think you could ask them about this?
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 09/06/05 06:35 AM Posted 09/06/05 06:35 AM Any news on a group buy. Still very interested.I couldnt wait, ordered mine this morning the only problem is trying to find a courier to get it from QLD to SW WA ive been trying for about 4 hrs sofar and the best price I can get so far is $272 that's more than I paid for the F#%*#n thing :roll: .If anyone has some postage advice PLEASE HELP.thanksholy crap... whos that price through?? I can fly for that price.... try places like tnt express, toll logistics etc (get delivered on a truck).... They should send it via packaging size and not weight (I think)... It aint that big
beauies Member 209 Member For: 23y 5d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 09/06/05 07:19 AM Posted 09/06/05 07:19 AM I have a centre pipe replacement to remove the muffler for sale to suit a ba xr6t ute. $200 dollarsPick up from hills area in sydney only.Replaced by full system exhaustCheers beauies
velociTy Team Velocity Member 1,202 Member For: 21y 11m 30d Gender: Male Location: Margs WA Posted 09/06/05 08:30 AM Posted 09/06/05 08:30 AM Any news on a group buy. Still very interested.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I couldnt wait, ordered mine this morning the only problem is trying to find a courier to get it from QLD to SW WA ive been trying for about 4 hrs sofar and the best price I can get so far is $272 that's more than I paid for the F#%*#n thing .If anyone has some postage advice PLEASE HELP.thanks<{POST_SNAPBACK}>holy crap... whos that price through?? I can fly for that price.... try places like tnt express, toll logistics etc (get delivered on a truck).... They should send it via packaging size and not weight (I think)... It aint that big <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cant remember the name of that company it went in the bin straight away.I ended up getting through Toll for $200 at least its a bit cheaper
velociTy Team Velocity Member 1,202 Member For: 21y 11m 30d Gender: Male Location: Margs WA Posted 09/06/05 08:39 AM Posted 09/06/05 08:39 AM I'm sure they could do them in the 2.25" if we asked for them.Simmo, do you think you could ask them about this?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I rang them and made sure that they did mine in2.25 and no probs
simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 09/06/05 10:15 AM Posted 09/06/05 10:15 AM ok guys the price for each unit is $260 .I have decided to wait and get a full exhaust when I get the edit.but I would be willing to try and organise a group buy but I will need some numbers to get a price and how many are for utes or sedans .also there is the money situation ,they do not have credit card facilitys but will do direct deposit.once its organised I think it would be best if we all ring them separately and say we are from the forum to get the discount.is that ok or do you think there would be a better way to do it.??I will keep an eye on the thread and depending on numbers I will ring them on monday. cheeers.
simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 09/06/05 10:21 AM Posted 09/06/05 10:21 AM would everyone like it done in 2.25 instead of 2.50 pipe?let me know please.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now