kink Member 294 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/10/11 11:40 PM Posted 14/10/11 11:40 PM Fordfreak1 mine is the same, it has quietened down alot. Only on start up as said, but I don't like my neighbours so I LOVE IT haha. All this talk about the luxury model not allowed to be loud is crap. Just because it isn't a V8 doesn't mean it can't make a little noise. I don't think I have ever heard the G6ET's grandfather the ESP quiet. Stock the C63 isn't dead quiet (mmmmmmm). For me, centre muffler removal is a win.Fordfreak1 we must have special systems hehe...
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/10/11 06:08 AM Posted 15/10/11 06:08 AM KINK the only thing I want now is twin 3 inch tips....I wish I had got this done at the same time. the current ones look too small.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 18/10/11 04:31 AM Posted 18/10/11 04:31 AM So I just took mine into 2 different exhaust shops chasing quotes for centre muffler removal.. First one wouldn't do it.. On the grounds he thought it'd sound rubbish.. Second one told me it's illegal and would sound rubbish.. But then proceeded to recommend that I get a 3.5" Xforce mild steel full system including metallic cat (And he's worried about the centre muffler removal being illegal?)
kink Member 294 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 18/10/11 05:22 AM Posted 18/10/11 05:22 AM They wont do it because it isn't making them much money... keep shopping around.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/10/11 08:18 AM Posted 18/10/11 08:18 AM lol any place will try and bend your arm to buy a full system rather than a $150 job.takes about the same time so you can see why they would want to do a full system
Lazz1007 New Member 12 Member For: 14y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/10/11 08:57 AM Posted 18/10/11 08:57 AM Hi gents! Im new to the forum and was just wondering if 265rwk or 356hp on my Fg turbo, with only an X Force 2.5' cat back exhaust is about right. Any info would be great!
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/10/11 09:17 AM Posted 18/10/11 09:17 AM Welcome mate, should be fine at those levels if you can get it. Stock they're about 240, any more and your will probably need a tune.
SecaBoy Legacy Donating Member 203 Member For: 17y 7m 25d Posted 18/10/11 10:15 PM Posted 18/10/11 10:15 PM So I just took mine into 2 different exhaust shops chasing quotes for centre muffler removal.. First one wouldn't do it.. On the grounds he thought it'd sound rubbish.. Second one told me it's illegal and would sound rubbish.. But then proceeded to recommend that I get a 3.5" Xforce mild steel full system including metallic cat (And he's worried about the centre muffler removal being illegal?)if you're ever down in brisbane, I can tell you a shop to go and see. they did mine without any drama's and only charged me $50 (cashie).
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 4d Gender: Male Posted 23/10/11 10:56 PM Posted 23/10/11 10:56 PM Got my center muffler removed on Friday and replaced with straight pipes ($90).Its a lot louder on idle when cold but once it warms up it sounds the same as before. I didn't notice any performance gain as I my car is stock besides a 10psi tune.No drone while in the free way or when cruising but you do get a bit more noise when you put your foot down. I'm sure it will sound better with a high flow cat and some more boost though.
mullygrub Legacy Donating Member 25 Member For: 15y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/10/11 09:42 AM Posted 25/10/11 09:42 AM Lol I can hear "the revs" in my sisters corolla, means didley...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now