Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 20d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hi guys,

I have asked this quastion in another thread, but no responses so far...

Will the BA/BF centre muffler section bolt straight up as a replacement for the FG cenre section?

Cheers, Jake.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'd say no, pretty sure the exhausts are different.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Yeppoon qld
Posted

You guys are getting a good price. Went to aaa exhaust I'm mackay and they want $158 to remove the center muffler, $300 for a 100cpsi cat

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Has anyone done an axle back exhaust?

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

You mean changing the rear muffler?

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Yea man, tips n all, heard an exhaust without the centre muffler and it sounded no good to me...

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Alright, so I bit the bullet and got it done (FG G6ET). Couldn't fully make up my mind whether to get it done or not due to bugger all youtube clips etc. Going through all the posts, it is about 50/50 people like it or not.

So I went to the legends at AAA Exhausts, and they did it for me. The owner Jim said he thought it was a little louder than expected and that he should have done the rear muffler, but for me to drive it around for a week then give him a call back next week to see if I want to swap it.

Now the sound. I turn the key, and wow, what a sound. Fellas, forget youtube clips! It distorts the sound to buggery. Yes, when the engine is cold it is louder, but sounds nothing like a tractor.

Now in the cabin (driving sensibly), in D (ZF here boys) the sound is a shocker around town, for obvious reasons, low revs yuck. Flick it to P, and wow I can hear the auto change up and down, and because it holds gears longer it sounds pretty good. But lads, flick that little lever again and this is when the everyday family sedan wakes up. HELLO CRACKLES! Re-frame myself. Driving relatively sporty (not hooning) the sound through the revs is good! Come on boost, and the revs rise, the sound is ever so sweet. Now that I have driven about reviewing that, time to find some back streets. Give that little pedal a bit more force and boom. It can get quite loud haha. It either sounds roughly stock, then pedal down and it is pretty loud. I wouldn't say "too loud" and neither does my girlfriend, who hates noisy exhausts. BINGO.

So that is my review thus far. I will take her out again later, to some back roads to let her scream, the car that is fellas. Get it up to 80-100kmph and see what I think then.

Cheers Kink.

  • Like 1
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Good write up bud, I'm still undecided. Lol

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

haha. What are you worried about? I'll see if I can answer it for you, as I could never find the right answers...

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

All the ones I've heard sound like tractors on real low throttle. Good once you give it a bit though, maybe a hotdog will fix that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...