CBXRT Banned 643 Member For: 15y 10m 11d Gender: Male Posted 16/06/11 08:25 AM Posted 16/06/11 08:25 AM (edited) FordFreak, it does cost that much normally to do it properly (I paid $165) - I saw both the cheap and nasty (cut and shut for $50), and also the straight-pipes but professionally mandrel bent straight into the rear muffler (what I chose).Much better note and worth the extra $$. Edited 16/06/11 08:26 AM by CBXRT
aussie1926 Legacy Donating Member 176 Member For: 16y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: Muswellbrook NSW Posted 28/06/11 10:56 AM Posted 28/06/11 10:56 AM Are the fgs a differnt design to the ba/bfs I had a look under my FG F6 today and it is a single from the flange at the cat then splits into 2 into the muffler the out of the muffler its a single pipe
Skidude Member 115 Member For: 17y 26d Gender: Male Location: Penrith, NSW Posted 29/06/11 07:03 AM Posted 29/06/11 07:03 AM (edited) Different design to BA-BF.I had this done to an FG, amusing for the first month then found it to be annoyingly loud.Now replaced with a 3.5" Xforce turbo back. 100% better IMO. Edited 29/06/11 07:04 AM by Skidude
.BLKPHN. Legacy Donating Member 283 Member For: 15y 7m 12d Gender: Male Posted 29/06/11 07:42 AM Posted 29/06/11 07:42 AM if you do want more of a ballzy sound and lil bit louder its well worth it
tonyv EPC Member Legacy Donating Member 1,598 Member For: 17y 10m 1d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/11 06:17 AM Posted 03/07/11 06:17 AM I had the centre muffler taken out and put it back in after 2 days. sounded very much like a tractor and droned. Although im thinking about doing it again this time with a set of hotdogs or a performance muffler, but dont know which one will be louder, and which option would be better for flow. Catback option is too loud also, had it on my previous xr6tThoughts?
bradles024 Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 16y 10m 20d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/11 06:35 AM Posted 03/07/11 06:35 AM I'm with you tony, my brother took the middle muffler out of his bf and it sounded terrible. I like that these can be fast and quiet, certainly different to all the slow exhaust only cars on the road.
CBXRT Banned 643 Member For: 15y 10m 11d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/11 07:37 AM Posted 03/07/11 07:37 AM (edited) Brad, maybe you should have bought a XR5, Gti, MPS or some other quiet and boring shopping trolley? If you own a a "muscle" car (which a decent T is), then a "muscle" note should accompany it.....imo Edited 03/07/11 07:42 AM by CBXRT 1
Banned1 Banned Banned 734 Member For: 16y 22d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra Posted 03/07/11 08:21 AM Posted 03/07/11 08:21 AM I'm with you tony, my brother took the middle muffler out of his bf and it sounded terrible. I like that these can be fast and quiet, certainly different to all the slow exhaust only cars on the road.Fine if you drive an Auto and don't need to pick revs for gear changes. The MANual driver (being a superior HuMAN) likes to hear his engine so he can decide when best to change in the driving environment HE is in. In all seriousness. Automatic box is fine with quiet but the manual car driver does benefit from hearing the note of it more.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/07/11 09:35 AM Posted 03/07/11 09:35 AM Lol I can hear "the revs" in my sisters corolla, means didley...
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 12d Gender: Male Posted 03/07/11 09:40 AM Posted 03/07/11 09:40 AM CBXRT muscle car? muscle cars are anything without a computer. GT,GTHO,GTS,XU1,L34,E49,57CHEV and so on. XR6T,F6 don't think so buddy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now