drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Location: leonay Posted 11/05/05 06:28 AM Posted 11/05/05 06:28 AM im getting 425km a tank on average, 70% city, 30% freeway. had the reflash at last service, couldnt tell any difference. nothings changed. other than fuel prices. paid 1.29 today
xr6t83 Member 16 Member For: 21y 9m 23d Location: Melbourne Posted 12/05/05 02:41 AM Posted 12/05/05 02:41 AM Just had Reflash! cant tell any difference, at leat not performnace wise, will update how far 1 tank gets me this weekend!
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/05/05 02:52 AM Posted 12/05/05 02:52 AM are you guys quoting the 'on the fly' readings or the average of fuel used over the course of a tank reading?
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 12/05/05 03:09 AM Posted 12/05/05 03:09 AM I have had a reflash, about 1500km on and I reset the avg fuel use for this tank fill. About 100km til empty, 465km travelled and 11.4L/100km avg.
Turbofalke Member 658 Member For: 21y 10m 21d Location: Mexico Posted 12/05/05 03:17 AM Posted 12/05/05 03:17 AM Ive got 9000k travel now, still averaging 19-20 around town. Lucky to get 300kms out of a tank. I found 2nd gear yesterday, so I expect some improvement! LOL
Hazey Member 234 Member For: 23y 2m Posted 12/05/05 03:36 AM Posted 12/05/05 03:36 AM I too Suffered from really poor fuel econemy since new. Averaging 20-22LIt would seem I would fill up, reset the trip computer, baby it and best I would get would be 16 as soon as I did a bit of spirited driving it would quickly climb to 20L or more.My car has done 8000Km and since about 7,000 I have been getting 18L and that is with spirited driving. I tried to increase it on purpose by giving it heaps and it only went up by .2 or .4 of a litreSo it seems with time it gets better. The black soot on rear of my car has reduced too. Aidan
Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 12/05/05 07:35 AM Posted 12/05/05 07:35 AM are you guys quoting the 'on the fly' readings or the average of fuel used over the course of a tank reading?Mine is average 19.5L/100km over 2,000km.
Power The 'nice guy' Legacy Donating Member 314 Member For: 21y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde) Posted 12/05/05 07:38 AM Posted 12/05/05 07:38 AM <snip> The black soot on rear of my car has reduced too. AidanYep, not only black (like oil) on the exhaust but soot all over the rear 'bumper' panel, spoiler & boot.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 12/05/05 08:32 AM Posted 12/05/05 08:32 AM I think (dont know for sure) but when you hit the 15000km mark you should notice a difference in economy somewhat (being the first "real" service). I bought mine after the 15k service so it was good from the start.
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 24d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 12/05/05 09:42 PM Posted 12/05/05 09:42 PM are you guys quoting the 'on the fly' readings or the average of fuel used over the course of a tank reading?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I worked mine out from the number of k's to a tank(around 400) to the 75L I put in the ute when I fill it. I have 51 000 k's on the car, and still get black soot marks on the bottoms of the exhaust tips(the bottom of the curved chrome edge always turns black on both tips). However I have a unichip installed so I would have thought any poor tuning issues would have been tuned out. Am I wrong? ThanksChris
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now