"reflashes'

Andrew50

• Member For: 19y 3m 24d

Car booked in next week for several warranty issues:

- Power steering shudder (since new, was told "normal")

- Driver's window bottoming out too hard

- Check rear suspension for tightness (low speed knocking over bumps)

- Scores on 3 out of 4 disc brake rotors (no shudder)

- Poor fuel economy, average approx 17L/100km. Has deteriorated from approx 15L/100km in the last few months.

- Rough idle, progressively gotten worse over last few months.

- Power inconsistency.

The first 3 should not be a problem to fix/ check. Brakes still OK but want issue of scoring reported on. NOW to fix the the last 3 the service "team leader" told me that a flash has been released for only about a week that will address poor fuel economy and idle by leaning the air/ fuel mixture. Also the dreaded turbo reflash that has been receiving so much press is going to be done to address my power inconsistency that I complained about at the 3000km service. The car has done just over 10,000km and is well and truely run in.

Will keep forum informed of my experience with the re-flashes since this is obviously the hottest topic at the moment.

Andrew50

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 8d
Car booked in next week for several warranty issues:

- Power steering shudder (since new, was told "normal")

- Driver's window bottoming out too hard

- Check rear suspension for tightness (low speed knocking over bumps)

- Scores on 3 out of 4 disc brake rotors (no shudder)

- Poor fuel economy, average approx 17L/100km. Has deteriorated from approx 15L/100km in the last few months.

- Rough idle, progressively gotten worse over last few months.

- Power inconsistency.

The first 3 should not be a problem to fix/ check. Brakes still OK but want issue of scoring reported on. NOW to fix the the last 3 the service "team leader" told me that a flash has been released for only about a week that will address poor fuel economy and idle by leaning the air/ fuel mixture. Also the dreaded turbo reflash that has been receiving so much press is going to be done to address my power inconsistency that I complained about at the 3000km service. The car has done just over 10,000km and is well and truely run in.

Will keep forum informed of my experience with the re-flashes since this is obviously the hottest topic at the moment.

Andrew50

Well if it has only been out for a week, it should be a different version to what the rest of us have endured.. so hopefully Ford have got it closer to "right" this time..

I have never had any problems with fuel economy of overboost. I wonder if Ford are causing themselves more problems while trying to fix the other ones.

Please let us all know how you go..

• Member For: 21y 3m 9d

I must say that my fuel economy around town sucks at the moment. High 17's or low 18's, I constantly seem to be filling up. Would be nice to know if it could be improved. And, no, I don't drive with a lead-foot.

Guest clogz
  • Guests

550???

I'm lucky to get 360! I feel like I'm watching my range guage drop 2 k's for every 1k I travel.....

This could be due to the fact that mine's a baby. Only 2400k's. When is it likely to get better?

As a complete side note, do the XR6T's have wastegates? Mine doesn't feel quite as powerful as it did 500 or so k's ago. It also sounds a bit raspy when the RPM's are climbing. Doesn't run anywhere near as quick as a mates 6T ute which when dyno'd had less power.

Any ideas?

Edited by clogz

• Team HgAg
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d

Yeah your km/L will drop as you run the car in more.. They Do run rich too start off with ..I think from other post its when you go to your services Ford flash it to make it stop gussiling the fuel.

Im gettin 11.5 on average around town and 9-10 on the highways... With 27000km on the clock.

that's with 2nd CAI and K+N filter . And running BP Ultimae And yeah get about 550-580 and tank..

cikas