"reflashes'

Andrew50

• Member For: 19y 8m 17d
As a complete side note, do the XR6T's have wastegates? Mine doesn't feel quite as powerful as it did 500 or so k's ago. It also sounds a bit raspy when the RPM's are climbing. Doesn't run anywhere near as quick as a mates 6T ute which when dyno'd had less power.

Any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The wastegate is what controls max boost, so yes the XR6T's have one.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 20y 1m 11d
I get around 12.5L/100km around town, and I spank the sh*t out of the ute. Got me stuffed why its so low. Guess its a gooden!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too in my sedan. I was babying it a bit at first, and decided to just have some fun. Now I push it every chance I get (it's become a game to see how quickly I can get to the speed limit) and the fuel economy has hardly changed.

I guess it loves being driven hard. As someone said earlier 550 km per tank mixed city/highway is normal. Never below 450, no matter what, even ALL city driving (never getting out of 3rd gear :spoton:

• Member For: 21y 3m 7d

Did a 640km run over the weekend. Got it down as low as 9.5 on the way down (reset it as I pulled out of the driveway) and averaged 10.5 on the way back (uphill), but it will be back to 18's this week :-(

It sh*ts me, my AU XR6 could do the same trip on 1 tank, now I have to top up in Bunbury at $1.20 per litre on the way back.

Lightning....

• Member For: 19y 6m 11d
I get around 12.5L/100km around town, and I spank the sh*t out of the ute. Got me stuffed why its so low. Guess its a gooden!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holy F#&k!!!!! :spoton:

I average around 18l/100 and I have 51000kms on the clock! :spoton:

Does this mean there is something wrong with my car? :spoton:

My only mods are shift kit(trans mod), 2nd CAI and unichip.

The economy got a little bit better when the unichip went in. but not much...

Thanks

Chris :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 4m 10d

im in the same boat! getting 18L/100,

How do you go about getting a reflash? apart from telling them that the car backfires and theres flatspots is there anything else I need to add in?

• Member For: 19y 4m 7d

How do you go about getting a reflash?  apart from telling them that the car backfires and theres flatspots is there anything else I need to add in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure that if you book it in for most anything at all, they will reflash it as a matter of course. No questions asked.

Alan

• Member For: 19y 6m 11d

How do you go about getting a reflash?  apart from telling them that the car backfires and theres flatspots is there anything else I need to add in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure that if you book it in for most anything at all, they will reflash it as a matter of course. No questions asked.

Alan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last time I took my car in for some warranty work, I made sure I told them not to re-flash it because I have a unichip, and I have heard what the new flash does to the car(needs to be completely re-tuned). They told me they never flash the car unless it needs it. I never thought I did until you guys told me the fuel economy you were getting compared to what I'm getting!!!

My question is this. I am planning on getting bigger injectors and an exhaust system done soon, then a re-tune.

Would it be worth my while getting the reflash done just before the re-tune? Will it improve my fuel economy? How badly is the driveability of the car before it is tuned? Is it completely undriveable, good enough to get me home then to the tuners the next day, or ok as long as you don't boot it?(keep in mind I will have a new exhaust done and probably fit the new injectors myself just before I head to the tuners).

Might have to give Spiro a call I think!

Thanks

Chris :sleepystuff:

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 20d

You guys are LUCKY!

My fuel economy has always been bad from zero k's to now.

I have never reset the avg km/L figure and recently at somewhere between 1600 & 1700 km I took the attached pic at 19.4. Around 2K now and still 19.4. :hrmm:

It went higher than the usual bad from purchase date high 17's to low 18s very suddenly about 2 tanks of gas before the pic. In virtually a day or two it went to a peak of 19.5.

I've been babying it trying to get the avererage down but it just flicks around between 19.3-19.5. :smilielol:

Must be running VERY rich. Exhaust showed lots of black residue from day one. Oil is OK.

post-6351-1115791863_thumb.jpg