tyron.jarman Member 33 Member For: 14y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Thornlands Posted 20/12/12 06:20 AM Posted 20/12/12 06:20 AM I replaced the the fuse box the first time it broke and now it has done the exact same this on this new box. The wire cable and the release mechanism are fine, it's the plastic hooks on the bottom of the fuse box that it connects into that keeps breaking off. I'm even wondering if anyone has re-inforced these little hooks and how they did it?
BAXR6T2004 Member 9 Member For: 14y 7m 29d Posted 20/12/12 07:03 AM Posted 20/12/12 07:03 AM I have a ba and my bonnet release was pretty hard and eventually ate through the cable too. I went to ford and they have completely re-designed the thing. I've since fitted up the new one and greased the latches etc and it is so much better no where near the amount of pressure as before when you pull the bonnet release.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 13d Gender: Male Posted 20/12/12 07:09 AM Posted 20/12/12 07:09 AM ensure you have the new style bonnet cable fitted... even if you do and the lever is hard to pull it will keep busting fuseboxes... needs new cable
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 20/12/12 07:12 AM Posted 20/12/12 07:12 AM Sounds dumb, but apparently the RAC advised their reps to sit in the drivers seat when pulling the release and not to do it standing outside the car, as the alignment is all wrong if your not seated, which can cause a breakage.As BAXR6T2004 said above, they redesigned the part from the ba before the bf was released.
tyron.jarman Member 33 Member For: 14y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Thornlands Posted 20/12/12 08:06 AM Posted 20/12/12 08:06 AM What about if I just wd40 the joint to make it looser, will this work?
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 13d Gender: Male Posted 20/12/12 08:53 AM Posted 20/12/12 08:53 AM Its moreso the cable gets stiff in its sheath
tyron.jarman Member 33 Member For: 14y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Thornlands Posted 20/12/12 09:41 AM Posted 20/12/12 09:41 AM Ok cheers Luke, how much am I looking at to get this through ford?
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 13d Gender: Male Posted 20/12/12 10:00 AM Posted 20/12/12 10:00 AM Youd think id know iv done so many of them haha give me a pm tomoro and il get u a price
BAXR6T2004 Member 9 Member For: 14y 7m 29d Posted 20/12/12 10:22 AM Posted 20/12/12 10:22 AM I think I paid $35 - $40 for the new cable and bonnet release setup from ford
tyron.jarman Member 33 Member For: 14y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Thornlands Posted 20/12/12 10:53 AM Posted 20/12/12 10:53 AM Will do luke
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now