freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 7d Gender: Male Posted 20/12/12 12:01 PM Posted 20/12/12 12:01 PM As above.. 30-40 bux on ebay for genuine
mattyc90 Member 34 Member For: 13y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: tully Posted 21/12/12 08:00 AM Posted 21/12/12 08:00 AM I work at a dealership and ive adjusted the bonnet latch where the cable is located every time ive replaced the cable and fuse box (if needed), try bending it back to a straight position (without snapping it), most times I know ive seen it its a little bent backwards on the cable side. it makes it a bit easier to open the bonnet. I do it on every one ive replaced. makes a bit of a difference ive found
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Gender: Male Posted 21/12/12 09:03 AM Posted 21/12/12 09:03 AM Makes a little difference but its a quick fix that doesnt really compensate for a stuffed cable.
blacksuperman Member 81 Member For: 13y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 21/12/12 01:24 PM Posted 21/12/12 01:24 PM Got a quote today off ford for my ba and they wanted $460 for It to be fixed $180 for the part and 2 hrs labour which was $280.. to which I pretty much told them in a polite way " get @&$"ed "
mattyc90 Member 34 Member For: 13y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: tully Posted 22/12/12 06:20 AM Posted 22/12/12 06:20 AM it should definitely not take 2 hours to replace. should be a hour at the max! even with a fuse box
mattyc90 Member 34 Member For: 13y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: tully Posted 22/12/12 06:23 AM Posted 22/12/12 06:23 AM Makes a little difference but its a quick fix that doesnt really compensate for a stuffed cable.I do that in conjunction with the cable and fuse box replacement.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Gender: Male Posted 22/12/12 06:45 AM Posted 22/12/12 06:45 AM Yeah so do I!
blacksuperman Member 81 Member For: 13y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/01/13 01:19 AM Posted 02/01/13 01:19 AM any one every bought a fuse box and cable off ebay?? if so do they work and fit fine?? thinking of getting them and getting someone to do it for me and save some $$$ :sungum:
Adamski Legacy Donating Member 277 Member For: 15y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 26/10/13 01:34 AM Posted 26/10/13 01:34 AM Hey guys, this has happened to me as well. I've broken the tabs on the bottom of the fuse box where the handle clips on to as the bonnet was quite hard to open. I've read the last 4 pages and it seems like I can remount the handle with a few zip ties but I'm just wondering if I'm pulling the lever all the way and still having to pull on the cable with pliers even with handle fully extended does this mean the cable is stretched and needs replacing? Or is there an adjustment I can do on the latch to make it easier to open the bonnet?
Adamski Legacy Donating Member 277 Member For: 15y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Posted 26/10/13 01:35 AM Posted 26/10/13 01:35 AM I work at a dealership and ive adjusted the bonnet latch where the cable is located every time ive replaced the cable and fuse box (if needed), try bending it back to a straight position (without snapping it), most times I know ive seen it its a little bent backwards on the cable side. it makes it a bit easier to open the bonnet. I do it on every one ive replaced. makes a bit of a difference ive found Got a picture of the bit you're adjusting at the latch end mate?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now