Guest mrtg Guests Posted 10/12/04 09:50 PM Posted 10/12/04 09:50 PM These results are possibly misleading as Ford claim 270kw at the flywheel and you should on average lose one third of that through the drive line.Not all dynos are the same and atmospheric conditions can alter these findings.
tuffxr6 Member 104 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Location: goldcoast Posted 10/12/04 10:24 PM Posted 10/12/04 10:24 PM Dont forget the F6 only has 1000 clicks on the clock I put my stock xr6rt on the dyno with 1000 kms on the clock and only got 172rwkw,still I thought it would of had more.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Posted 10/12/04 11:17 PM Posted 10/12/04 11:17 PM Dont forget the F6 only has 1000 clicks on the clock I put my stock xr6rt on the dyno with 1000 kms on the clock and only got 172rwkw,still I thought it would of had more.watched XRT sedans with less than a few hundred clicks on the clock do 190-205rwkw on the dynomine did 202rwkw and it was an auto ..the APS results for the MANUAL F6 are ordinary at bestis it just marketing to under-estimate the stock benchmark ??? it will look better in the before and after advertising .... just my obscure thoughts the F6 I drove broke traction at will .... easy APS phase 1.5 ... and I wasn't on drugs :lol:
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 7m 3d Posted 10/12/04 11:44 PM Author Posted 10/12/04 11:44 PM Dont forget the F6 only has 1000 clicks on the clock I put my stock xr6rt on the dyno with 1000 kms on the clock and only got 172rwkw,still I thought it would of had more.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>watched XRT sedans with less than a few hundred clicks on the clock do 190-205rwkw on the dynomine did 202rwkw and it was an auto ..the APS results for the MANUAL F6 are ordinary at bestis it just marketing to under-estimate the stock benchmark ??? it will look better in the before and after advertising .... just my obscure thoughts the F6 I drove broke traction at will .... easy APS phase 1.5 ... and I wasn't on drugs :lol:<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cobra all you can do is measure that power that the car makes on the day, this power graph was the best out of 3 power tests..................the lowest power run was 193 RWkW's and we chose to post the best power graph of the 3 dyno tests. ThanksPeter
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 10/12/04 11:46 PM Posted 10/12/04 11:46 PM Interesting results.. you can have my car for testing if you want
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Posted 10/12/04 11:50 PM Posted 10/12/04 11:50 PM I hear you Peter ... it can happen some daysthe F250 made about as much a holedn when it first went up I'd be interested to hear about your driving impressions of the F6's power levels thanks
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Posted 10/12/04 11:51 PM Posted 10/12/04 11:51 PM Interesting results.. you can have my car for testing if you want CJ ... bring the Mandy-F6 down at XMAS
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 13d Location: Sydney Posted 11/12/04 12:18 AM Posted 11/12/04 12:18 AM Cobra all you can do is measure that power that the car makes on the day, this power graph was the best out of 3 power tests..................the lowest power run was 193 RWkW's and we chose to post the best power graph of the 3 dyno tests. ThanksPeterYes, well said. Those attaining 200+rwkw on a standard auto T need to have their dyno checked as something is definately wrong. I had mine done at APS and got around the 176rwkw mark so at 200rwkw the Typhoon is nearly 25rwkw more which is what the Phoon is over the standard T in Fwkw.Also note that the Torque numbers don't stay on 550nm for long at all.Seems the numbers by the wheels mags might be correct after all.Have you have the chance to dyno a new mark II GT, Peter?
Ezy10z Member 211 Member For: 23y 3m 11d Location: Ballarat Posted 11/12/04 12:19 AM Posted 11/12/04 12:19 AM The F6 and the XR6T sound similar to the STI and the WRX. There were quite few tests performed by motor and wheels where the STI was the same or in some cases slower than a standard wrx although the STI was suppose to have 40 extra kw's. In a lot of cases especially with the 4 door STI the boost level was incosistent and instead of being released at 17psi they only had 12-14psi. I'm wondering if the F6 examples we know of which have been dynoed could be a similar situation etc.Robbie.
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Posted 11/12/04 12:20 AM Posted 11/12/04 12:20 AM oh no !!!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now