Guest Guests Posted 11/11/04 03:36 PM Posted 11/11/04 03:36 PM for all of you who have not raced in the rain liars I call you liars!! no good this one a few actual facts evo 12&3 std average 75-80kw at the treadsevo 456&7 average the 105-115 kwand the only 8 that I have dynoed was for a fast 4's magazine write up and this std acording to misterbitsh*t 8 made a whopping 155kw's this in my books is more than 195 engine kw'syou should beat them easy! other than the 8!
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 11/11/04 04:14 PM Posted 11/11/04 04:14 PM for all of you who have not raced in the rain liars I call you liars!! no good this one a few actual facts evo 12&3 std average 75-80kw at the treadsevo 456&7 average the 105-115 kwand the only 8 that I have dynoed was for a fast 4's magazine write up and this std acording to misterbitsh*t 8 made a whopping 155kw's this in my books is more than 195 engine kw'syou should beat them easy! other than the 8!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your kidding me right? The new EVO 8 that Motor tested in the low 14's has 40 more kw @ the wheels then the EVO VI TME they tested which run consistant 13.4's?
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/11/04 08:14 PM Posted 11/11/04 08:14 PM I don't understand why anyone would want to race in the wet, let alone drive fast in the wet.Powerful rwd cars and turbo power are a deadly mix, and traction control is a necessity, so be careful and treat wet roads with respect.As I have rexes, if it's raining the T will usually stay in the garage.And hypothetically if you wanted to race against my STi in the wet, I guarantee that you'd be left well and truly behind (as you would in the dry).Brian
PASHEN Member 868 Member For: 22y 10m 6d Location: Need one.. Posted 11/11/04 09:19 PM Posted 11/11/04 09:19 PM I hate driving my car in the wet full stop, let alone race in the wet. When I do drive in the wet, Barina's take off quicker than I do....and I have 265's. What sort of rubber do you have?
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/11/04 09:48 PM Posted 11/11/04 09:48 PM What sort of rubber do you have?I normally keep one or two durex in my wallet
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 20d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 11/11/04 09:59 PM Posted 11/11/04 09:59 PM
Ezy10z Member 211 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Location: Ballarat Posted 11/11/04 11:51 PM Posted 11/11/04 11:51 PM (edited) for all of you who have not raced in the rain liars I call you liars!! no good this one a few actual facts evo 12&3 std average 75-80kw at the treadsevo 456&7 average the 105-115 kwand the only 8 that I have dynoed was for a fast 4's magazine write up and this std acording to misterbitsh*t 8 made a whopping 155kw's this in my books is more than 195 engine kw'syou should beat them easy! other than the 8!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I went to the APS website and yhave dyno figures for a stock Evo 5, and Makinnen 6.5 bother were just on 160kw@wheels standard. I'm surprised at the figures you have listed for a standard EVO because a Rex in standard form ranges from 90-105kw ATW on APS dyno as well.Robbie. Edited 11/11/04 11:52 PM by Ezy10z
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 11/11/04 11:58 PM Posted 11/11/04 11:58 PM I agree with the driving hard in the rain, unless you're doing some drift practice!but good work on giving the rice-burner a good run!!!Dave.
Typhoon Member 564 Member For: 22y 8d Gender: Male Posted 12/11/04 12:59 AM Posted 12/11/04 12:59 AM No offence, but in the rain you have got to kidding . Sorry but I would not even go there . In a modded T you are guarenteeing an unontrolled spin Please be careful, and a modicum of safety will not hurt.You may be a superior driver to the rest of us but let caution prevail ... can't hurt can it ? I understand about beating the other guy , but at what cost??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>chill out daddyo it was only second gear iam sure the dude knows how to drive
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Posted 12/11/04 03:16 AM Author Posted 12/11/04 03:16 AM No offence, but in the rain you have got to kidding :banghead: . Sorry but I would not even go there . In a modded T you are guarenteeing an unontrolled spin :surrender: Please be careful, and a modicum of safety will not hurt.You may be a superior driver to the rest of us but let caution prevail ... can't hurt can it ? I understand about beating the other guy , but at what cost??<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What....accelerating to 100kmh in the wet is dangerous? I didnt know. Hell, no-one knew. Quick, shut all the freeways!I dont have issues in the rain because I am well used to driving at speed in the wet. You want fun, try riding my 170kg 180hp bike on a wet road, with only two contact patches the size of a postage stamp! 4 nice big car tyres....that's luxury even in a highly modded XR6T.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now