Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
Posted (edited)

On the way back from the supermarket tonight, I had the chance to take on an EVO VI in second gear, in the rain. Up to about 100kmh from about 40kmh.

We were both in second, after both taking off carefully from the lights.

He was right next to my drivers window, and when I heard him floor it in 2nd, I was also in 2nd so floored it too.

Keep in mind, there was heavy rain, so he definitely should have had a big advantage from the traction point of view as I need to be a bit careful flooring it in 2nd as it can break loose easily.

He quickly moved ahead by about a metre - his turbo seemed to respond faster, but by then my turbo had spooled up and he didnt pull ahead one bit, in fact his lead was very slowly disappearing. It surprised me. In fact if I had been ready for it and we floored it at the same time, I wouldnt be surprised if I started to pull ahead.

Their 2nd gear isnt that flash - not what I expected it to be. I am sure 1st gear with a good launch does a great job of putting the power down and would kill a standard T, but the load of grunt from the XR6T easily makes up for it in 2nd gear.

Not what I expected!

Edited by mickq
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • god bless my kids
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: claremont meadows, sydney
Posted

looking at the spec they can do the old 0-100 in about 6 sec and the t some say around 5.8 spose it is all about the driver

  • god bless my kids
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: claremont meadows, sydney
Posted

and autoweb states Acceleration is awesome, with 0-100 kph coming in just 5.76 seconds, and 0-400 metres slipping by in 14.31 seconds

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

No offence, but in the rain you have got to kidding :spoton: . Sorry but I would not even go there . In a modded T you are guarenteeing an unontrolled spin :spoton:

Please be careful, and a modicum of safety will not hurt.

You may be a superior driver to the rest of us but let caution prevail ... can't hurt can it ? I understand about beating the other guy , but at what cost??

Posted

Racing in the rain,end up in the drain :spoton: crazy stuff :spoton:

vik of the blocked sw drain

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 4d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
Racing in the rain,end up in the drain :spoton: crazy stuff :spoton:

vik of the blocked sw drain

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BRAVO BRAVO. Vik king of the poets. :lol:

Mickq - is your T an auto or manual? modded or stock? Either way that's a pretty good effort, except of course the in the rain part, but hey.

Dazza.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 22d
  • Location: Tully (between cairns/towsville)
Posted

mmm wet drags are always tricky even with traction control :| yeah did just take care but good to hear.... just see if u can line him up again :) in the dry this time lol

  • Artificially Aspirated
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Can you clarify what model EVO it was? you have written VI and 7. People have quoted time for what seems to be the new EVO 8 which just was released with only 195kw. I am persuming it must be the new EVO 8 you run, because the EVO VI TME that went on sale here was a monster.

  • The Best Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Racing in the rain. How childish. I would never partake in such activities! :innocent::spit::blush:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...