voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 11d Location: Adelaide Posted 12/11/04 02:21 AM Posted 12/11/04 02:21 AM I'm running 35 all round and I do a LOT of highway driving and general city driving....adelaide to nsw and back...soon to melbourne to tassie and back and have just clicked over 23,000k's - the tyres still look fine to me - plenty of tred left on them.I choose 35 cause its a nice round number....30 is to low and 40 seems 2 high 4 me....so I say 35 She handles fine...grips the road well...no problems.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, I can see where choosing a nice round number would give the best result. Well, tyres are supposed to be round aren't they? So it makes sense to me. But how did you come to have a '5' in there? Not much of the '5' is actually round. I like the '3' though. It is really nice. '8's are even better. I can look sideways at an '8' and it reminds me of what I see laying in bed beside me. I've always believed '0's to be a nice round number. And if you get a pair it is doubly good. So something like 00 in the front and 0 in the rear should work fine.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm off now to make them perfect... 88psi all round!!!
Grass Legacy Donating Member 447 Member For: 22y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/05/05 08:51 AM Posted 11/05/05 08:51 AM I've always run 32PSI...Blame my Dad, that what he always ran..
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 11/05/05 09:35 AM Posted 11/05/05 09:35 AM Bob jane have always done my tyres/wheels/alignments etc and they put 34 psi in last time (18" wheels) My last alignment was done at a different place after some odinary service from BJ and they reccomended 38psi which seems to go with what most people have been saying on this thread so its 38psi for me from now onShane
bkofoed Member 90 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Posted 11/05/05 10:33 AM Posted 11/05/05 10:33 AM (edited) I find 38-40 (std 17"s)to be optimal for my driving- apart from when the rain comes down traction control in the wet by right foot modulation==difficultBK Edited 11/05/05 10:34 AM by bkofoed
NYOPA Team Blueprint Legacy Donating Member 312 Member For: 22y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 12/05/05 12:26 AM Posted 12/05/05 12:26 AM I started at 36 all around and have treid most combinations in 2psi increments over the last year. Each time I did at least 2000 K's at that pressure going to a max of 44psi front and rear.Easily the best setup for both ride and handling was 40psi all around , however 44psi was the best on the freeway.Standard 17" SP3000, currently 38, 000 K's on the clock and still with 8-9mm tread depth all around, tyres rotated at 30, 000.hope this helps.david
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 12/05/05 12:32 AM Posted 12/05/05 12:32 AM I started at 36 all around and have treid most combinations in 2psi increments over the last year. Each time I did at least 2000 K's at that pressure going to a max of 44psi front and rear.Easily the best setup for both ride and handling was 40psi all around , however 44psi was the best on the freeway.Standard 17" SP3000, currently 38, 000 K's on the clock and still with 8-9mm tread depth all around, tyres rotated at 30, 000.hope this helps.david <{POST_SNAPBACK}>David get out there and do some remedial skids will you. That miserely use of rubber is a disgrace
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 12/05/05 12:48 AM Posted 12/05/05 12:48 AM Standard 17" SP3000, currently 38, 000 K's on the clock and still with 8-9mm tread depth all around, tyres rotated at 30, 000.david <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Geez, where can we get some of those? Your tyres are actually making tread while you drive. Wait 'till Brocky hears about this!! If you can put a patent on your driving style you'll be worth zillions. When new they have about 7mm tread depth to the wear indicators.
drcook Member 752 Member For: 22y 1m 10d Location: leonay Posted 12/05/05 12:57 AM Posted 12/05/05 12:57 AM I had 28 in the front and 30 in the back back up to 36 in front, and 34 in back.
XR6T8U Member 13 Member For: 21y 5m 20d Location: NZ Posted 12/05/05 02:36 AM Posted 12/05/05 02:36 AM I just checked mine, only had 30 in front and rear, blew them up to 38 font and 36 rear, they looked half flat before but now is sitting alot better. Take it for a burn tonight to get some milk hehe.
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/05/05 02:47 AM Posted 12/05/05 02:47 AM If you are running stock rims and tyres, simply check your tyre placard located usually on the door frame of the drivers side door..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now