jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 07/09/04 11:37 PM Posted 07/09/04 11:37 PM End of the day....you play,you pay.... well im not playing.... but looks like im paying..... so figure that one out??Thanks ford
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Posted 08/09/04 12:02 AM Posted 08/09/04 12:02 AM At the end of the day I just wanted my car bug free before I started, then if I did blow something then I take full responsibility for the mods I have made. That's exactly the same scenario as I have had for the last 8 months.As the gearbox is not right, I won't modify the vehicle until it is fixed. That way the mods cannot be blamed for poor ION (gearbox manufacturer) quality control. Has this worked so far...yes and NO! I've had a gearbox replacement, but the new unit is worse than the original. What was ION's feedback? Driver abuse. Unmodified, 23,000 kays original tyres, 85% of driving on cruise control down a motorway. Yeah right ION. The gearboxes are , they know they are , and FORD will replace them with stronger units on the next BA release. I can understand their approach though. Admitting there is an issue, will open up the floodgates for replacement unit claims, demands for T56 retrofits, as well as claims for lost time etc. This would cut into the substantial profits being made from this vehicle. Therefore, "deny everything" seems to be the order of the day.I'm still working through having the box fixed/replaced. I hope to resolve this in the next few weeks.Also, I really feel for you guys with backlash. My brother's car has it, bad. I've only driven his on relatively short runs and it gave me the . Living with it day in, day out, must really be, err, character building. Good luck to all and sign me up for a sticker.Cheers
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 4d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 08/09/04 12:18 AM Posted 08/09/04 12:18 AM At the end of the day I just wanted my car bug free before I started, then if I did blow something then I take full responsibility for the mods I have made. That's exactly the same scenario as I have had for the last 8 months.As the gearbox is not right, I won't modify the vehicle until it is fixed. That way the mods cannot be blamed for poor ION (gearbox manufacturer) quality control. Has this worked so far...yes and NO! I've had a gearbox replacement, but the new unit is worse than the original. What was ION's feedback? Driver abuse. Unmodified, 23,000 kays original tyres, 85% of driving on cruise control down a motorway. Yeah right ION. The gearboxes are , they know they are , and FORD will replace them with stronger units on the next BA release. I can understand their approach though. Admitting there is an issue, will open up the floodgates for replacement unit claims, demands for T56 retrofits, as well as claims for lost time etc. This would cut into the substantial profits being made from this vehicle. Therefore, "deny everything" seems to be the order of the day.I'm still working through having the box fixed/replaced. I hope to resolve this in the next few weeks.Also, I really feel for you guys with backlash. My brother's car has it, bad. I've only driven his on relatively short runs and it gave me the . Living with it day in, day out, must really be, err, character building. Good luck to all and sign me up for a sticker.Cheers Hey 51, in your next replacement box are you trying to get a T56? instead of the T5. I was told they can replace my box, however the next one probably will be worse than the one I have Beside the whine in 3rd mine is great, very smooth, no syncro probs or any other issues.I am now going to hold off in the hope that maybe I can convince them down the track to replace with a T56? Maybe I am dreaming but it's worth a go. The only problem is will the T56 bolt straight on, or has the series 2 had modifications to it to adapt the T56?
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 08/09/04 12:22 AM Posted 08/09/04 12:22 AM JB... I was told the same thing that the new box could be worse (they did not promise a new box) and are saying I should wait for a fix to come out.I think they are trying not to supply a new box as they are working on a band aid fix for whine and tizz..... which will work out cheaper for ford....should hold up till the warranty runs out.... lol :lol:
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 4d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 08/09/04 12:26 AM Posted 08/09/04 12:26 AM should hold up till the warranty runs out.... lol :lol: Not if I am about to mod it! :lol: I have given up waiting and want to enjoy my car, 23,000k's and 12 months old, it should have had it's issues fixed by now, so do I wait another 12? Suppose I will have to cross my fingers that they will replace it in good faith or fork out the $$ myself if something goes wrong, hey at least then I will know that it's fixed properly! :lol:
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 08/09/04 12:53 AM Posted 08/09/04 12:53 AM I understand and agree your concerns JB. That is why I have a conundrum with my diff. Although I have had the diff whine since the early days and the dealer immediately agreed to replace it under warranty I have held off wondering if there will be a long term fix for this fairly profilic issue. Trouble is if I wait too long and take in a modded vehicle for other maintenance, albeit only modded to get the engine to do what it was supposed to out of the showroom, I might have the question raised - ahaa this diff problem could be attributed to your engine mods. Because of that I guess I will have to commit to another diff sooner rather than later before that mod issue arises and I end up on the list.One would hope that reason, good sense and adult behviour would win the day on those 'possibly related' issues, for this reason I have been extremely reasonable and patient with my dealership even though they really do not appear to have any depth of technical understanding of the vehicle they sell - yet are apparantly the No1 Ford dealer nationwide.... (obviously based on sales alone).Dingah
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 08/09/04 01:18 AM Posted 08/09/04 01:18 AM I had the "your diff is within specs." letter from Ford almost a year ago, despite my service rep. agreeing that the diff. was too noisy.My "T" is an auto, and my main problem is a "whine" between 92 and 100 kph, and also a bit of backlash, but being an auto this is not too bad.I guess all we can do is vote with our feet, and disregard the plea's from the motor industry when things are bad, and they are not selling cars! The made the bed, so they sleep in it!!I was considering a GT or Typhoon as my next wheels, but will carefully consider if this is a smart move, given the attitude of Ford.Oh and by the way, I have just discovered that my radiator is leaking, something I had heaps of trouble with on my AU Fairmont Ghia, and actually went through 3 radiators in 4 years.Keep an eye on yours behind the airbox, where the tank is crimped onto the element, as this is exactly the same spot as the AU failed.My "T" is a November 2002 build, and as such one of the oldest "T's" out there.
exar Member 187 Member For: 22y 6m 19d Posted 08/09/04 02:19 AM Posted 08/09/04 02:19 AM Oh and by the way, I have just discovered that my radiator is leaking, something I had heaps of trouble with on my AU Fairmont Ghia, and actually went through 3 radiators in 4 years. Isn't that interesting. I had a radiator replaced under warranty in MY AUII Fairmont as well. Not as bad as yours, obviously, but it did seem strange that a 2.5 year old car needed a new radiator.
Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m Gender: Male Posted 08/09/04 02:46 AM Posted 08/09/04 02:46 AM My T is on radiator no. 2 already.I'm in the process of writing a "please explain" letter to Ford but based on this thread I think I can guess what the reply will be.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Posted 08/09/04 03:03 AM Posted 08/09/04 03:03 AM Hey 51, in your next replacement box are you trying to get a T56? instead of the T5. I was told they can replace my box, however the next one probably will be worse than the one I have JB,I'd be fairly happy just to get a T5 that works properly. I think a T56 retrofit will not be possible. It will probably require modifications to bellhousing and driveline to fit. The T56 will also be more expensive than the unit I paid for when I purchased the car.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now