-
Posts
83 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by rhysy_boi
-
so finally the realisation has set in that fuel prices are never going to drop and the fact I only drive my car on the weekends has brought me to the decision my car costs too much for the thrills it gives me. I've decided to sell up and get myself out of debt so I can start saving towards the ultimate goal of a house while enjoying life (a holiday or two won't go astray). so looking to find out what I might be able to get for my car either as is or if it's really worth it, pulling it apart and selling it stock. The car is a jan 2004 BA Mk1 XR6T Utility with 113,500km on the clock in Phantom purple, cloth trim with purple inserts, never missed a ford servicing. the previous owner cared for it but still used it as a trade ute so paint isn't crash hot but after a wax theres only a couple of scratchs to be seen (no dents) turbo is 20,000km's old as there was an oil supply problem hence the old turbo blowing. which is when I bought the car. since it has had 4 servicings all with fully synthetic oil with less than 7,500km's between changes. also serviced the tranny and diff and both look in good shape. now the fun gear, engine was modded by previous owner with a- typhoon intake K&N filter PWR stock replacement intercooler Bosch 42lb injectors bosch 044 fule pump XForce 3.5" cat and 3" stainless cat back capa tuner running 14psi and 265rwkw which I've retuned to 12psi and 261rwkw by simon at XFT perth. suspension was bought second hand off a suspension shops owner's car, have done 50,000km's. Koni yellow front struts red rears lovell springs all round with the front customised to allow height ajustment. sits about 30mm lower at front and about 40-45 at rear. Wheels and tyres- speedy inferno 19x8.5" rims maxxis 245/35R19 MA-Z1's have travelled 6,000km's since brand new Brakes have DBA slotted discs all round with nothing special in the way of pads. midnight express tint installed about 8 months ago an alarm installed with glass break, tilt, and shock sensors and lastly the stereo was custom installed by myself with- soundstream Tarantula front splits, SS TR800/5 amp SS XPro 12" sub SS 2 Farad capacitor Pioneer 8650 head unit the WHOLE interior has been pulled out and sound deadened with a total of about $3000 spent on the stereo plus about 60 man hours installation. also had the exhaust raised to provide legal clearance under the car. anyone want to give some numbers a shot? cheers Rhys p.s. check my b-series site for pictures
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
rhysy_boi replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
pretty sure that was me, I was definately over that way on friday arvo sometime and I thought I saw you. Rhys -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
rhysy_boi replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
nah I haven't, will have to have a look in a couple of weeks when I'll be parking over there (late shift). one of the 2fts pilots has a shockwave turbo sedan but I don't think it's had any mods done to it. got a crack in my windscreen this morning, good old shire decided to re-lay the only good strip of last years roadworks and had a big rock fly up, bout a $1-20c piece size. glad I was only in the rodeo -
Wa Fishing/watersport Thread!
rhysy_boi replied to bonza's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
if weathers alright I might try raffles this weekend but I understand it's getting quite late in the season to get any big ones. also where would be a good shop to grab some crab pots from? cheers guys Rhys -
Wa Fishing/watersport Thread!
rhysy_boi replied to bonza's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
went out crabbing last night at mosman. dropped a couple of pots and then went diving round the bay. we only got 2 females and one male and they aren't huge either. anyone know any good spots round that area? Rhys -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
rhysy_boi replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
ah I have seen it just didn't recognise it was yours. -
I would if you were in perth. as long as you have a T-30 tool you can do it easy as Rhys
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
rhysy_boi replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
haven't seen your car up there in a good 6 months. I haven't been driving the ute up there either, fuel is killing me so luckily dad has let me pretty much have his old diesel rodeo and I can aquire free fuel sometimes. which of your door actuators went? if I do fix it for you I can swap you one of mine out while I fix it so you can still drive your car Rhys -
does the car need a retune if you upgrade the housing and flapper valve? just curious as this is what's putting me off possibly doing the labour myself (R&I of turbo etc). personally I feel I'm more than competent with the tools just a matter of whethe rit needs a tuner to look at it. Rhys
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
rhysy_boi replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
I did mine steve, cost me $2.20 for a pack of 8 screws. but I used a lathe, tap, drill bits and alraldite from tafe. if you haven't fixed it by the next time I'm at tafe (april 28) I'll happily fix it for you. do you still work up on base? Rhys -
Fitting The Centre Dash Gauge Holder In Ba Xr6t
rhysy_boi replied to Felony's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
from the rear first Rhys -
prepare to pay through the roof for basic equipment. everything is about 4 times the price at least because it has that special word "aviation" in it Rhys
-
Bonnet Release **merged Topic**
rhysy_boi replied to Honest Gaza's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
mines done it and the cable seems tight as now that I've set up the rubber the bonnet sits on so it's straight left and right. gonna get a panel beater/mechanic to look at it and replace the handle/cable. it's $28 trade at coventries Rhys -
PW do a kit that uses a stock design cooler (in and out same side) and uses his aftermarket crossover pipe but still stock plenum. with piping etc is about $785 I think but again uses an under batter intake not in the engine bay. as far as I'm aware if you want the intake inside the bonnet and an aftermarket plenum the only choice is plazmaman as everyone else uses the under the headlight design. plazmaman's intake kit is quite expensive (sure the workmanship is great though) but your looking at $1500 for a kit with a cold air box, new battery, filter and piping straight into turbo. personally I'd just go the under headlight design, rapid's gear is becoming more and more tempting as he brings out new products and PW has great prices for good looking gear too, you can always modify the piping so the filter is higher Rhys
-
the BA MKii's had the LPG rods which were not fantastic but stronger than the original mk1 rods. personally I own a mk1 and only bought it because it was a mate's dad but if I was in the market I would definately be stretching to the mkii. better yet if you wait till mid year BF's should drop in value as the FG falcon is released. FPV dealerships are already trying to get rid of brand new tornado's and typhoons for sub $50k drive away so you should find a cheap 6T easy enough. Rhys
-
I've only got a PWR replacement cooler and stock radiator with cooler thermostat (whatever simon at XFT put in) and on the street it never goes past about 1 needle over 1/4. he set the thermo's up to come on quite eary too so it stays there. that's my experience, I'm sure when track comes into the decision a better designed radiator is essential, especially with a BIG cooler. Rhys
-
Wa Fishing/watersport Thread!
rhysy_boi replied to bonza's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
got my boat up and running quite well last weekend. went out on saturday arvo down to deep water point and round to aquanis (don't know how to spell it) jsut messing round with fuel oil mixes still on the 2 strokes, one was oilling up and dying on about 35:1. now all I need is to buy my own ski ropes and toys, wheres the best places in perth to get some tubes, kneeboards and a wakeboard as well as ropes. I'm not looking for anything professional just some stuff to take out every now n then that beginners can use happily. kneeboards I saw some on whitworths website on sale for $150 that had the easy start hook and nice moulded knee spots. also what do I look out for material wise? wakeboard I don't want to pay more than $350 for the board and bindings, closer to the $300 would be much nicer. Cheers Rhys -
I looked at those for my ute, nice looking wheel, I haven't seen too many around but that may be because I'm in perth too. the tyres your talking about are probably a maxxis MA-Z1? I have them on my 19's from bob jane. so far a good tyre, holding up well on 260rwkw. only slight squeel every now and then when booting it and changing gears (hard shifts on the auto). would I buy them again? maybe, depending on the price I wanted to try some kuhmo KU31s as they are supposed to be quite a good tyre too. good luck if you do buy them, I think they would look awesome on a blue T Rhys
-
I had a vibration at about 85-100km/h that slowly got worse over the end of last year. I put it down to my wheel bearings as my car got in a deep puddle last winter. changed the left one (which was nearly seized) now I still have the vibration just no where near as bad. will change the other wheel bearing in the coming months when I have the money and upgrade my brakes at the same time. Rhys
-
I work part way bush so my car up until now (started using an old car to go to and from work) had done about 2 hours of driving at about 100km/h constantly 5 days a week, I figured that was prolonged high speeds. I will just do 10,000km's like mal woods says Rhys
-
so is it wired up so that it's blue all the time or only when the lights are on? I'm getting these gauges soon too but not sure if the blue would be bright enough for daytime and might wire it so it's white while the lights are off by the way it looks fantastic Rhys
-
3 inch is WAY undersized. I have a 3 inch on mine running 260rwkw and it's one of my restictive points. should be going a 4inch at least or twin 2.5-3's if your going huge power. Rhys
-
finish date is may 09, drive past it every day on the way to work. it's not too big at the moment just drops you from 100 to 80 to 60 on the stretch infront of gingers. in a months time they may have torn the road up though. Rhys
-
I had vision plus in my old XT for 2 years, all 4 globes blew lasting around 12 months a pair. gone back to standard. I have blue vision in my highbeam and they've lasted over 2 years now but I spose they don't get used as much as the normal lights. they are great for vision and also give the headlight a slight blue tinge when turned off because of the blue globe reflecting around. I may get some H4 and H3's later down the track and see how they go. Rhys
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.