-
Posts
321 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by xr0500
-
Thanks Pat that's what I needed to hear, gee, these blokes in Tassie making me doubt what people that actually know about these cars say, I dunno??
-
Ive got the 4.5" Hurricane cat, I looked at a standard cat today and im scared that the 4.5" wont be big enough? the standard looks bigger than the 4.5" or is it just really restrictive?? Is it hard to put this cat on the standard dump with a bit of 4 inch off the back of the cat into the standard 2 2.5 inch system??
-
Sorry to hi-jack but I was at my tuners today and we were going to fit my cat (4.5" body 200cpsi Hurricane) to the standard exhaust (dump etc..) we wold have to cut the cat back to a 4"(??)inlet and make joining pieces to fit to dual pipes after the cat and he said that it would be a real hard job and he didnt know how or if he could do it...... Um, so, is it a hard job? Or should I just take it to an exhaust shop and get them to fab up the pieces needed?? Cheers
-
Hmm..... Wonder why???
-
Im with mike in regards to bringing my missus, she dosent event like it when I come on boost with 4psi, don't think she is going to be a fan of 15psi But yeah everyone else feel free to bring your girlfriends/wives etc if you are lucky enough to have one that likes a bit of "spirited" driving Early August is good for me, anytime really, so.....
-
"A bogan that's been to finishing school"
-
Try filling up at $1.56 for ultimate..... And the quality isnt as good!!! I love Tasmania
-
Sounds a bit steep mate. I would shop around if I were you....
-
Hey thanks Stoney I will be keeping everyone posted with the progression of the mods..... Hey EXR6T I saw you today driving along Sandy Bay road I was in my girlfriends subaru, I waved but I doubt you were looking at a white '92 liberty haha. Ill keep an eye out for ya Stoney Oh yeah and I think the Velcro roads will be a good idea for Mike, ive been in that car and its massively quick as it is, so furry tires and prickly plastic roads for Mike haha
-
Inbetweeners is a great show!!! "Oh Frieennd"
-
I should be getting my Rapid V3 tomorrow, then all I need is my ETM Replacement Turbo Oil Feed Line.... Ill be phoning Mick @ Pit Lane in the next couple of days to get the car booked in then its on the boat in the next few weeks, who knows maybe Michael and I will be over there together, race back home anyone??? Its a good time to go over as the Sprint fares are so cheap at the moment. Will post up my progress too, good luck with the Nizpro exhaust Mick, I know you've been after one for a while now, cant wait to hear it!!!
-
I thought Tracy Grimshaw was a lesbian??
-
"You nearly had me? You didnt even have your car!!" (one of the best actors of a generation.....what happened to that generation????) Good vid though.....
-
Are these questions really classified as "common" I would say more alone the lines of "specific"??
-
This is good to know Well all that is left to get is ETM's Replacement Turbo Oil Feed Line, 4" XForce Dump, new spark plugs and surge tank (in the not too distant future). 300+ RWKW here I come Oh and when I f%&k up installing the Rapid cooler myself I hope u guys realize that I will need help haha
-
Oh, ok, right got it. So anyone reckon the 4" dump with the Hurricane cat hooked up to the standard exhaust would be good for 330+RWKW???
-
The cat dislodging would be the fitment wouldn't it, not the quality of the cat itself??
-
Me 4!!! Anyone???
-
Ok so spoke to Chris at Best Mufflers, very helpful. He told me that they can separate the system from the cat and dump, it will cost $960 plus $50 post. He then went on to say that I would be better off buying a 4" dump and the xforce 3.5' cat for $860 and just connecting that to the stock exhaust as its pretty good anyway and that I would make more power than if I did it the other way around. He also said that the xforce cat is the only one that he hasnt seen disintegrate and to sell the hurricane. Now what I was thinking was if this was the case and I would make easier power with the dump and the cat, why not just buy a 4' dump and connect it to the Hurricane cat?? Has anyone had any issues with the Hurricane? I know lots of people on here bought one, how have they been far? Does anyone see any problems with what im proposing (Mick) ? The cat and dump : http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_...9e7f722fc4fd605 Just the dump : http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_...7fa7603f96f2914 Cheers Guys Reuben
-
Wow, that's a good story to learn form there Mick. My CAT is a 4.5 body with 2.5 inlets and outlets, Hurricane from Sennas group buy a while back, that should be ok shouldnt it?? Im scared now haha I will call best mufflers tomorrow, hopefully you can buy just the parts I want and not the entire thing....? Will post up tomorrow Thanks for the help again guys
-
Bilsteins & Kings 520/310 Lbs Coils Who Has Tried This?
xr0500 replied to TURBO4LT's topic in Suspension and Handling
that's exactly what I heard was the best combo in regard king springs and bilsteins. Let us know how they go Senna and if you get them Turbo4lt -
And someone today was telling me about "Sterling" exhausts for these cars, ive never heard of them?? Anyone?? They were also saying had done dyno runs and the best system they had tested was one that went twin 2.5's off the cat, into a single 3.5 and then back into a twin 2.5 WTF??? Is this just some crazy Tasmanian showing that they have NFC???
-
Well for me I guess it comes down to price now, im not sure if they separate the systems or not? In there catalogue and website there is no price for the 3.5 for the cat on its own?? Hopefully they do it and its cheap like the budgie!!!
-
Thanks for the reply's Mick and Whistler, sorry that people are having to go over the same stuff more than once, im just trying to find the happy medium between power and budget and that unfortunately for people in the know requires people like me to be asking questions.... Thanks for all the help again, this forum and the people on it know so much more about these cars than anyone that even has a slightest clue down here, gee I seem like I know what im talking about down here haha. And yes I will be getting the turbo ported at the same time as the actuator is fitted. I have the xforce catalogue in front of me and ill give best mufflers a call and see if they will do me the 3.5 cat back would the 3.5 be better than the twin 2.5?? Thanks again guys and hopefully see you soon Mick
-
Sorry Adam, but I held both these exhausts in my hands today and they are the pretty much identical, except for the obvious the xforce is stainless, both great welds and build quality. Do you think that even this xforce exhaust would be a waste of time cause it is still only twin 2 1/2?? http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_...8354432737cf013 Cheers
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.