-
Posts
321 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by xr0500
-
that's it Tab, get into the Aussie spirit, get ya top off, grab a can of VB and let it all hang out!!!! Yes lots of Holdens getting polished today ready for tomorrow too
-
Just saw David Boon eating a meat pie and it got me thinking about Australia Day tomorrow.... He lives just down the road from me and on my home just then saw him getting out of his car (a green Tasmanian Cricket sponsored Territory) smashing a massive meat pie, I swear it was one of those family sized ones, wish I had gotten a picture So I was just wondering if anyone else has some "Australian" stories to share for tomorrow or anything good lined up for tomorrow???? Oh and Reason for edit:forgot to cheers....
-
LMFAO The BA "BF Lookalike" even has manual rear door winders!!!! AHAHAHA For the money he spent on that do you think he even stopped and thought, "geee I could have just bought a genuine FPV???" :angel:
-
Sprayed mine black two days ago as the original paint was peeling off, looks good and no difference in performance
-
Any Ideas For Group Buys? - Window shopping for blokes...
a topic replied to xr0500 in Classifieds & Group Buys
Walbro fuel pump intank (or a really cheap PW surge with pump???), Spark Plugs (NGK BKR6EIX) and 15 pound turbo actuator -
Hurricane 4.5" Stainless Steel Cats - $250 plus delivery
xr0500 replied to senna_T's topic in Classifieds & Group Buys
[quote name='senna_T' post='808384' date='Jan 22 2009, 09:36 PM']From memory its about $320 i think mate[/quote] And you will have to get it fitted by a exhaust shop.....pretty sure you need to fab a piece to fit??? -
Hurricane 4.5" Stainless Steel Cats - $250 plus delivery
xr0500 replied to senna_T's topic in Classifieds & Group Buys
Sounds like we are going to have pretty much exactly same setup/engine mods Ghosti..... Ive got Dekas, Capaflash, and this Cat..... Saving for a V3rapid, turbo actuator, fuel pump and some new spark plugs will do me Cant wait for it to all come together What you got BA/BF? Man/Auto? -
Hurricane 4.5" Stainless Steel Cats - $250 plus delivery
xr0500 replied to senna_T's topic in Classifieds & Group Buys
Am i confirmed??? Because if im not, i am now Mmmm stockpiling parts for one big mod session -
http://www.totallyupyours.com/497708985a92...tion_trick.html mmm goooood!!!! includes the Hoff too.............
-
Hurricane 4.5" Stainless Steel Cats - $250 plus delivery
xr0500 replied to senna_T's topic in Classifieds & Group Buys
Im in Pat Good luck with getting more peeps...... -
Mmmmmm.....FG F6
-
-
Aviation fuel??? But seriously dude I dont thing this is something that cant be done safely on the cheap, I reckon you will just have to wait for some more cash to roll in or up the boost some how??? You have more killer wasps than I do so be thankful
-
Guys again, thank you all very much for the input!!!!! Sorry back a bit late.....had a few too many knock free knock off beers hehe Ok so been talking to my girlfriend and her father has a block of land 90kms away with a huge barn on it, it is full of crap but she is going to ask anyway if I can store the XR down there for as long as it takes me to save enough cash to extend the garage to fit the XR and mod the xr6t, happy times if all goes to plan!! Guys the input has been awesome not one thing that has been said is wrong, all valid points, it could end up going anyway really??? If I got $20-23k for the xr6t id still be up $4k as I got it for $19k anyway I think selling the XR would be so so hard, I have sold cars before and it was hard then, this has my blood, sweet and tears in it literally (I can still feel the paint remover burning into my skin and the smell of the welds form the left hand side door sill that I had to fabricate) it would be like selling a child.........only worse!!!! Thanks again will keep you all posted Oh and this "little car forum" as my girlfriend likes to call it has been more help in this and many more matters over the years than most of my friends haha, keep up the awesome work guys, much appreciated
-
Hey thanks for all the reply guys, I think this is getting even harder and harder Oh and thanks Christoph, I love the XP's too, I was going to get one too but got the XR cause is was easier to get the v8 into...and it was cheap too!!! Well ive got to go to work guys and do a brutal service for 90+ people with just me and a apprentice (chefs have all the fun....will bring back some pictures of the waitresses ). But seriously when I get back (10pm) I want a definitive answer, lets keep this sucker going!!! Maybe if Clarkson was here he would know what to do.......oh no wait he is here!!!! I feel a group of people making this decision makes it easier and I trust you (well most of you anyway...........I want that money next Thursday Kona ) and I think that re-financing to build a bigger garage is a realistic third option now. Ill leave it to you and catch ya soon
-
Financially do you think that after this "slump" classic car prices will be on the rise or stay steady?? The last surge in classic car prices went through the roof, it could be compared to the housing boom. in 2002 I could have bought a xy gt off my girlfriends uncle for 45k!!! Try and buy that car today and it will be worth triple that even with the doom and gloom BS. So do you reckon in the next cycle......8-12 years(all this up and down financial crap is cyclic) that the '67 will be worth idont know......$40 or $50k??? Its hard because the '67 isnt just and investment and it didnt start out like that either, it started as a 17 yo that liked ford v8's and it has turned into an investment, but the house is also an investment and im not sure whether the money would be best spent on the house and living comfortably?? Oh and no daily driver.....but im getting an Alaskan Malamute and he can pull me to work (3kms away)
-
So does anyone know what kind of price I would be able to get for the '67?? I saw a XY 500 down here for sale for $30000, not in as good condition as mine, whats it like on the mainland??? 302 windsor (ex-drag) c4 (worked)
-
Thanks for the input Pete, seems like you aren't as indecisive as you make out to be..... Maybe I should steal you signature haha
-
Ok guys need your help.... Im faced with a bit of a dilemma, I owned both cars, first is the '67 Falcon which a bought 6 years ago as a project for $3400, it has had a full bare metal re-spray, engine work, interior completely re-done (original XR GT seats, mustang steering wheel etc..), suspension and the list goes on......spent $12,000 (total $15,500 give or take??). The next is a 07/06 BF xr6t 6sp ZF with 95,000km, stock besides a k&n filter and a recent window tint. I love the xr6t and have plans of hitting the 350 rwkw mark, (already have injectors, flashbox etc...) The reason I have to sell one is I have just bought a new house and before purchase didnt think to measure the size of the garage......the '67 XR doesnt fit (nor does the xr6t, but I dont have a problem with parking that outside) and have no where to keep it, it is currently at a mates house but it cant stay there forever. This is where the problems start, if I sold the xr6t (might get $20k for it...??) I would have enough cash to extend the garage thus making it big enough for the '67. Or the other option is to sell the '67 ($30k...??) and mod the xr6t to the point that its bullet proof ($10k...?) with 350 rwkw and put the left over cash into the house/mortgage? Or re-finance and borrow enough for the garage extension, dont really want to do this as the bank already owns a large enough chunk of my soul as it is........ Any help/comments appreciated.......... Cheers guys
-
07/06 BF just done 95,000kms.........
-
BLAHAHAHA I cant believe I havent seen this thread either!!!! Dan that is classic!!!
-
I Love StreetRods it is possibly my favorite game of all time!!! I wish they would make another like it, but with modern graphics ect.... Well im off to play StreetRods
-
They wont let you drive it before auctions time, Would be a good buy............for the right price
-
Hey Vixen, How long do you think we could keep this up? I know so many old racing games...... My guess would be at least until next year and completely hi-jack the thread....... (but dont do that cause its BAAAAAAD) This is quite a realistic game "Stunts" It would be good on your computer too as it wouldnt take up much memory
-
^^^mmm or dont do that!!! Stick with the xr6 and get the T when you can do it legally mate
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.