-
Posts
441 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by DAWSEY
-
the fullmoon party is possibly the craziest thing I have ever seen. 30,000 people on a beach partying... so if full moon party measn 30,000 people half moon party means 15000 girls... just watch the ones that say they are a girl and ar not... I think Jeff knows all about them
-
Please look after my gear box.... lol congrats mate.
-
I went a custom setup and you can make it as loud or soft as you want... and if you dont want your pipe work to be bling bling you will save alot of money. I paid about $1200 for a full turbo back setup including Magic cat and pipe... it is only mild steel in some places but it does the job very well...
-
I went a custom setup and you can make it as loud or soft as you want... and if you dont want your pipe work to be bling bling you will save alot of money. I paid about $1200 for a full turbo back setup including Magic cat and pipe... it is only mild steel in some places but it does the job very well...
-
can I do it out of a glass?? as that is what I am used to?? if not I will have to try a bottle for the first time...
-
stupid question but why would this be suited to a drag racer?? are they alot softer so it stop tramping?? I know they are a drag shock and really should not be used on the road but why is that?
-
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
I have not had a chance to get it back to the tuners yet... my wrx needs some love and care first...bloody servicing on subbies is not cheap. as soon as I get my rex back con will have a play and see how much power he can pull out... then it is time to surge tank it and race -
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
sold my box along time ago... sorry.. so are you getting a 400 as well gavin?? nice one... I was around there the other night Itec. but whenever I see ya next come for a spin... -
is it going in a manual or an auto... if it is a manual a harmic balancer is needed... if an auto I would still get one as these are a long motor and a small vib at the front of the motor can turn into a rod throwing time down the back end of the motor. as for tunning I have found that the edit is good but I would much rather use the the Eboost 2 to control boost and the edit to tune. you might as well look at cams to suit your turbo as well. there is a very good parts supplier in sydney that can get you everything you need to build this motor. I will p.m you with his details
-
Schnitzer Lpg M3 Takes World Speed Record
DAWSEY replied to f-wolf's topic in General Automotive Talk
pitty its not a t... lol -
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
is it just me or do we have the same cooler and wheel setup?? my last T was mandarin as well... -
lol... G.W.bush did that also
-
yeah I would say between $1000 and $1500 with heads
-
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
yeah mate. anytime. wednesday should be a good night now -
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
Na mark II like yourself I worked for Ford untill about 6 months ago. I was very surprised as well. I thought something must have been wrong to loose that much power. untill I drove it that is. I alwasy wanted 450rwklw and that is what I built the motor to handle. the same motros and setups in other cars are making that much power now. but cos I went this gear box I do not think I will ever hold a dyno sheet with those numbers on it... but I cant wait to race another 300rwklw xr6 turbo. lol -
just joined...
-
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
before this cooler and when the car was manual it had 370rwklw but with the stall convertor and box it has droped about 100rwklw. but goes alot harder... dont ask me how that works -
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
I want to get rid of it. but I need to run a bov and to standard one cant hold more then 20psi -
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
the fog light is going back in on monday. and I am getting those brackets sprayed black so you cant see em... I could not get over the size of the pipe work to the plenum... -
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
-
New Cooler And Pipe Work With Great Results
DAWSEY replied to DAWSEY's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
I have been driving the car most of the night... and dear lord. the car was quick before. but the look of a 911 turbo drivers face as I pulled past him sideways was worth every penny. if I knew what a diff this setup would have made it would have been the first thing I did... yeah it looks great. but if it looked like the sh*ttest cooler in the world but performed like it does I would have bought 6 of them... and kept 5 spare. if anyone is even thinking about getting one of these coolers. sell your cats and dogs... even sell yous shoes if you have to.lol -
I just got a call from C and V and without even a tune my car picked up over 30Rwklw through the Turbo 400 gear box. this gear box made me drop around 75rwklw when is was put in. so I cant even think what this cooler setup would have picked up if the car was still manual... the cooler is a rapid systems cooler and pipe work. with a PW cold air intake. with a retune the car should be quicker again. fingers crossed
-
this is the exact setup I am going today... so in a couple of hours I can tell you how much power the car picked up...
-
I have everything else done though so 370klw is not that much
-
well done. people that grew up dreaming of owning one of these cars, and that have access to that kind of money would not agree with you. hence the price you pay for one of these. a good fake one is worth more then any brand new ford on the market in Australia. so there must be alot of people who think they are worth the money
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.