Jump to content

MYF6

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    172
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MYF6

  1. Hi Ian. Count me in!! Cheers Craig
  2. G'day MYF6, Well this is my first post ...so I hope it works! Picked up my Lightening Strike F6 on Dec 3rd. Build No. 52, first one delivered into Tassie. Brembo's fitted + leather etc. 84 km's on the clock at delivery (apparently had 72 km's on the clock when it arrived to dealer.... 12 km's 'extra' for window tint etc.) ...Drove 35 km's and the dash started playing up. Both the speedo and tacho dropping to zero, despite travelling in fourth gear at around 100 km/hr. Also a 'lot' of lights flashing (check engine, traction control, oil pressure, fuel, temperature, seatbelts etc, etc) Took it back to the dealer, where it spent the weekend before getting fixed on Monday the 6th. They found a loose plug connector on the 'ICC'?? (computer on the inside firewall behind the console) ...Not a great way to start!!! Anyway, the reason for replying to your post was to let you know that I too have the gearbox 'gnashing of teeth' at below 2000 rpm. I would love to know if it's a real problem or not - so please keep us posted on what you get told on the 3000km service. Mine also has plenty of paint blemishes, but it just isn't worth letting 'them' do anything about them because I'm not convinced it wouldn't be worse repaired! (especially with the metallic silver!). The paint has literally fallen off the bottom inside edge of the front bumper too (inside the wheel arch in front of the tyre). I have seen this on a lot of GT and GT-P's as well! - you think they would sort this sort of stuff out - eh? Seems to have a little drivetrain 'slap', and it does seem to be getting more noticable - something I will keep an eye on before my 3000km service. Other than ALL that I'm not unimpressed by how it goes. I previously owned a GenIII 5.7 litre 'thingy',.... and there is no doubt this goes, handles and stops a heap better - way more fun! (probably should for 20 large more as well!!??) It now has 1,500 km's on the clock, and I have kept (tried to at least) below 4500rpm most of the time, occasionally going to 5000 (after the first 750km's). Run in was completed today, so might go for a drive later and see what it will do through the entire rev range! In fact....got to go....I hear it calling me! BA-PHOON G'day BA-Phoon. Good to see you in an F6 and on-line. Sorry to hear you had her back at the dealer so soon, but my F6 had a flat top ride on day 5 after the starter button went-to-God. I also optioned the Brembo's and I'm happy I did - this is the first car I've owned that really has the brakes to match the go. Coming out of a Gen-III did you have a manual and did you have any of the noises from it that we seem to have in the F6????? The dealer told me its an issue with the box and they did not have a fix for it, yet!! Same reply for the diff whine and drive line shunt so I hope they do something about these issues. Have a Merry Christmas, which should be easy in an F6 of Tassie roads!! Cheers Craig
  3. Craig, My phoon only has 800kms on her at the moment.. havent had any issues with the clutch or anything like that yet! what is the build number of your beast? Cheers Chris Hi Chris. My one is no 0025. Picked her up on Nov 24 and she now has 3500Km on the clock! The 'growl' seems to be getting worse, the dif whine is the same and the drive line shunt is there and seems to be louder than 500Km ago. Still in love though!! Mate, have a very Merry Christmas, and in an F6 I know you will Cheers Craig
  4. With a little over 3000Km on the clock I'm in a position to agree with this post. The F6 is not a complete hoax, but its far from the car FPV created so much hype about. I'm not as dissapointed as Doc but I've not had as many problems - yet. Apart from a torque sweet spot between 3000 - 4200rpm the car basically just makes noise and CO2 higher in the rev range. FPV have built so much warranty protection into these things its amazing. As I've stated here before, in stright line acceleration there is not much between an F6 and an XR6T. For my particular F6 FMC/FPV made sure I got all the no cost options fitted free of charge: Diff whine - check Drive line shunt - check A really lovely bearing noise out of the shifter just under 2000rpm - check Sticky shifter - check Creeks and rattles in the sun roof - check I agree with other posts that the edit or piggy-back computers will let this car see its real potential but, it bloody disapointing that FPV set the leash so short and tight on them from the factory in the first place. Here's where it gets interesting though becuse I'm sure your asking questions like: Q:With all these problems you must be pissed off at parting with better than $70k for it (I got all the really expensive options!!): A: I'm not unhappy with the car, its not what it could be but its a bloody good car and will be a hell of a beast when the mods start. Q: Why spend so much on a car you have said is not much faster than a T? A: In a drag with a T there is not much in it, but in day to day driving using the torque its a much quicker, more satisfying car and its screwed to the road better. Q: Are you an idiot/crazy/stupid? A: Possibly yes to all the above, just depends on what day you catch me! I have had issues with EVERY aussie car I have ever owned! This is the best aussie car I've owned and compared to some of the problems I've had with a HSV (yes dark side convert) and others the issues with the F6 are not so bad. My dealer are a great bunch of guys/gals and they are aware of the issues and are working through all of them with me. I know others have been screwed in the past, and I respect their pain, but at the moment I'm confident that I'll get a satisfactory resolution to the problems. Now if you were to ask me if I'm happy with the car I'll tell you "Hell yes, its a bloody weapon, driven correctly!" Anyone reading this who has an F6 on order don't worry too much, they are a bloody good car and I know you will love it.
  5. Hi Jason. If you think the fuel consumption is bad now wait till you run her in, then get stuck into it!!!
  6. So Chris, how many K's on her now?? Any issues with the box or clutch?? My F6 goes in for her 3000Km service next week and I have a bearing 'growl' transmitted through the stick just under 2000rpm. Wondering if you have any issues like this so I can hammer my service manager Merry Christmas in the F6!! Cheers Craig
  7. Last post should read 'spec sheet', not sheep! No, I'm not a Kiwi so lets leave the sheep alone:w00t2:
  8. Hi Gavin. According to the spec sheep on the FPV web site the F6 sedan weighs 1776Kg, but I suspect that's without fluids - water, peterol etc. I'd be guessing on the road with driver its well over 1800kg. Though it don't drive like a 2t car!! When you get a chance to drive one keep in mind the torque curve and you will love the pull the motor has. Merry Christmas Cheers Craig
  9. OUCH!! that's going to leave scars.
  10. Hi Doc. No phase 2 yet. I have the Xede out of my old T and I'm waiting for a few more K's on the clock before I start to lean on it. To be honest your experience with the clutch has me worried about moding her till I know if my clutch is going to give me grief. So far it sometimes sticks in gear like the clutch has not completely disengaged and you have to hit the shifer hard to get her out of gear and into the next - not a good sign. Its in for the 3000k service next Wednesday so the clutch and other small issues will be sorted then - or there will be car dealer blood on the floor. :smilelove: Sorry to see you sandgropers have addopted the double points/cost holiday fines we have had here for years - just another way for the govt to increase its revenue. Now if they spent it on driver training and better roads we could all get something from it. Have a great Christmas and a glass of the southwests best for us all.
  11. Hi Doc. As some of the early F6 pioneers I guess you can tell us from the number of arrows in our back. Hope the trip south will help refresh the love afair and know Phase 2 definately will. Drive safe, if not drive really really fast! lol..
  12. G'day TUR. I agree 1000000%, the F6 does look great, but imho its dissapointing that FPV did not give it the teeth it deserved. Though the aftermarket boys must be rubbing thier hands together. Intersesting thought on the marketing potential for the future but I just don't hold much hope for FPV trying to push HSV in the power stakes while they maintain their current management/culture. Its hard to run a blokes car company when I think many of them sit down to pee. Sorry I'm negative towards the FPV management, I know there are a hell of a lot of fantastic people behind the brand busting their ass every day to bring us cars of real quality but somewhere along the line the 'corporate culture' kicks in and nobbles the process. Even the team there busting their ass every day must be discouraged by the end result when some uni degree carrying pencil neck accountant comes along and dictates to enthusiasts what is right and whats not about a car. There are a number of old sayings that I think fit FPV well: A fish rots from the head. The speed of the leader is the speed of the team. FPV need to look for someone to lead them to the promissed land - domination of the local performance car sector. Really when you look at the competition all they have is an engine which comes in a box from teh USA, and we can't even beat that with the best 'potential' motor this side of a Porsche. We have the best local car by far, let down only by the fear of realising its true potential. Its enough to make an grown man cry into his beer!! Come on FPV - its there for the taking, you just have to want it enough. My company live by a slogan: With passion anything is possible. Perhaps FPV need an injection of passion and someone to take the blinkers off. These things should be sold in Europe and in lhd to the USA - why the f*** not, they are world standard - or at least could be with an admiral of character at the helm... Opps ranting again.....
  13. A rant from a Typhoon owner with 3000km: It HAS 550nm - there can be little doubt of this fact and if you keep it between 3000 and 4250rpm your in the sweet spot. Check the APS dyno chart their std F6 had 550nm at the wheels if I'm reading it right! In a drag the F6 is not really faster than an XR6T - at lest there is only a bees dick in it. I went on a cruise last weekend with a few of the QLD boys and the std F6 was level pegging through to 180kmph with the std XR6T's. Its was a 36 deg C day but we all had to contend with that, so its just a fact it aint as quick as it 'should' be. All done on private closed roads of course When your cruising and use the close ratio box and engine the way its supposed to be - that is in the torque sweet spot - the car is very very quick and effortlessly covers big distances at very high speed. Its screwed to the road like few other cars I've driven and with Brembo's its a real blast The XR6T is imho one of the 5 best cars FMC have released, anywhere, ever! As a package its just 'special' in so many ways - brakes excluded! Now, having said all this I would never go back to my old XR6T from the F6. Sure the F6 cost -loads more, but the thing is a weapon, and even more so when you know how to drive it. Std the F6 is not a drag car but where it counts, on the road, it will smoke 95% of the rest point to point but only when you know how to drive it. The only 'problem' with the std F6 is it runs out of top end. This is a sypmtom of FPV being a bunch of pussies and too scared to put a decent fuel system into it. Apparently FPV are afraid to build a car to its potential - wtf would you put the same fuel system into an F6 as that in a XR6T and whats all this torque limiting crap in the GT/F6 The F6 is a great car, Doc's issues with 0013 aside, but its just a pitty FPV choked at the very point of making this a world beater. A chip, injectors and zorst and you have a car that WILL smoke 99% of everything else on the road. I accept we should not have to spend more coin on them, but the rewards are there for those willing and from the phase 2 APS results that extra coin gets you a hell of a lot of car. FPV should hang their heads in shame having missed this and many many other opportunities to stick it to the General. Greg Norman had/has a reputation as a choker but he has nothing on FPV imho. Thanks for listening, I'm going for a cruise in the F6 and all this crap will disappear as a smile a mile wide appears on my dial. Torque gentlemen, torque.... Rant over:
  14. MYF6

    Running In

    The dealer is a nancy and sits down to pee My last 2 cars got 500Km of under 5000rpm and from then you drive them as you would every day and never had a problem. There's similarities to picking up a new gf - if you go changing things after you start it just gets messy - start as you mean to continue
  15. Many thanks and I can tell you this Typhoon is now one very quick car. Just back from some road testing and I had a good run with a hotty LS1 Late model camira ute (on a private road of course) and let's just say that the Typhoon got his attention and respect..................at least this guy now knows that the rear end of the Typhoon is a real good looking car. :lol: Will provide you guys with a list of the APS system later on this week.............we may yet test a number of other components and I'd rather wait to give you guys accurate information. Thanks Peter I expect it was the first of many LS1 & LS2 owners will get to appreciate the look of F6 phase 2 rear ends. They better get used to it
  16. Hi Doc. Glad to hear your emotions have settled a little and excuse my previous blut post mate. Sorry to hear your not going to get to Melbourne for Christmas, I was really looking forward to your honest reports of phase 2 on the road - especially after Peters post of the latest dyno figures. Hope the box issues are sorted by the dealer quickly. I can attest to the fact the grass is not greener on the Generals side of the fence after many messy issues. The Typhoon is the basis of the best car on the road, it just need the equivalent of phase 2, or better, to realise it
  17. Well done Peter!! As an F6 owner happy with the torque but unsatisfied with the power I'm stoked to see numbers like this from Phase 2. Very interested in an answer to F6 Torando's questions on parts and cost. I'm guessing Chip, injectors and zorst...?
  18. This was the first cruise I have done and really enjoyed it. Good to get the Typhoon out and off the leash at times as well as meeting other obsessed Ford fans. Look forward to the next one. Think I'll have to get the Xede into the Typhoon before the next one though.... Cheers Craig
  19. MYF6

    Running In

    Ran in the F6 the same way the the XR6T. Nice for the first 500Km - thet means under 5000rpm and 200km/h. From 500-1000Km let it know what its in for. After 1000km drive it like you stole it!
  20. Here here. Doc, your going off the deep end mate. All on the basis of what someone may or may not have done. Get a grip! Lets see what really happens and whats going on. My F6 is running like a dream and I have no reason to think its going to hand-grenade any time soon. For f***-sake chill out and take a breath. I've read a heap of threads from you and HSV themselves could not be more cutting in their comments. Lawsey is on the money - HSV and Expensive Daewoo are no better - I came from the dark side and and let me thell you they ARE a bunch of ladies ******* ! (Last few words edited by BD - Mod - was a bit harsh for a family site)
  21. Bring on the EDIT for the F6 - looks like she needs it, even so it doesn't 'feel' as bad as the graph looks.
  22. So did my T, so has my GT and now it looks as though the "Storm Warning" was actually for those silly buggers who went and bought one. I don't know how many fords you've owned MYF6, but it seems that if you want to own one you have to take the crap. 3 years and the diffs still arn't right. I had a series 2 GT on order for march but after this FPV can shove it up there ar$e sideways . I never thought I'd say it but I am going to try the dark sides product regardless of whether my Typhoon is a lemon or not. I am plotting as to what I should put on my customer survey form. It will not be nice. Doc, as I'm one of the silly buggers who did buy one, I hear and feel your pain. But going over to the dark side is imho going a little far because they are no where near fool proof - just look at the blokes driving 'em. I left the dark side to get my XR6T. Yes the brake shudder required trips to the dentist to recement my teeth but it was a great car with no other problem. You've obviously been screwed by these clowns before so I respect your opinon and passion. Lets hope your car (and my one) are not lemons and the clutch issue is sorted. In many threads MOTOR and their journo's have been flamed for being biased/idiots/fat bastards so its possible they stuffed the cars simply because they could not drive a greasy stick up their own . I have to keep a positive face in this as I've parted with more than $70K of bloody hard earned and I'd hate to think it would have been better spent on beer and pissing it up against a wall. Imo the jury is still out on the F6 but I'm still happy with the car as I hope you are, especially after the trip to APS in Melbourne.
  23. I hear you Doc. I forked out $70K 2 weeks ago for the F6 and I'm left wondering if I should have hung on to the trusty XR6T. I feel angry reading about the clutch issues. I'm feeling hollow reading the APS dyno chart posed today. And I'm back to angry thinking about the fact its been back to the dealer on a truck for a buggered start button, has diff whine, sticky shift out of second and third and rattles in the sun roof and dash. FPV = WTF??!! Seems like owning an early F6 is an emotional rollercoaster ride. The way to feel good again is to go and flog the pick handles out of it and see if I can get the Brembo's to fade, because all these issues are washed away by driving it and feeling the torque. All that said, Ford and FPV had better get these issues sorted or they will cop more crap than Bondi beach in an onshore breeze.
×
×
  • Create New...