-
Posts
172 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by MYF6
-
BA F6, 110,200Km, 5 sets of tires, 2 sets of rotors and still going strong
-
Your Name: Craig Car Make and Model: 2004 BA F6 Circuit Name: Lakeside (QLD) Lap time: 1m 10.22s Modifications: Engine: Injectors, dump pipe, edit Power: 280rwkw Suspension: Whitline front swaybar Tyres: Falken 452 Brakes: Brembo 4pot front & rear Body weight: 82Kg for me Way too much push from front bar overpowering std rear bar. Tyres not flash for track work!
-
I thought the noises from the car were no cost options from the factory though they have a fix. On the left hand side of the steering wheel press the '+' button till you can't hear the suspension sounds.
-
Marangoni Mythos Tyres - Where Do You Get Them?
MYF6 replied to cooltint's topic in Wheels and Tyres
Perhaps I should set the scene on why I hated the Marangoni's. I went to the Marangoni's when I was considering getting rid of my car and just wanted new rubber at a low price. Reading reviews and talking to others they sounded ok. Problem for me was I decided to hang on to the car for another 2 years so was stuck with 'cheap as chips' Marangoni's. I was coming off a set of Goodyear GSD3 and on wet roads I rate the GSD3's 9.5 out of 10 and about 7 out of 10 in the dry. I'm not blowing my horn here but my car was 2 seconds a lap faster at a wet track motorkana's with other Ford members - and I'm no guru behind the wheel and was far from the most powerful car on the track that day. Months later on the same set of Goodyears I went to another day at Mt Cotton training centre with the MX5 and WRX clubs of Queensland and was again the fastest car on the wet track motorkana - against 4WD's!. Again I was far from the fastest car or the best driver but those bloody GSD3's are simply unbeatable in the wet! If you want to look like Jim Richards in the wet then try the Goodyears but be prepared to pay twice the price of the Marangoni's I had my car in for a 105,000Km service last week and went away in the other half's company car and while I was away got the call to tell me they won't run my car on the dyno as the Marangoni's on the rear had cracks on the inside walls through to the canvas. I was given the options of picking up the car and having new tyres fitted myself, or getting them to fit Falken 452's on all corners for $1400.00. I was far from home and not in a position to do much but agree. So far the Falken's are looking ok but have not had them in the wet yet. Even so the 452's are a sh!t load better than the Maragoni's! If things had of played out differently I would have gone back to the GSD3's ($500.00/tyre) or to the new Goodyear asymetrics ($600.00/trye). Sorry for the long story but I've had a lot of tyres in my day and the same rule ALWAY'S plays out - you get what you pay for. Tyres are the single best mod/upgrade you can do for a car. -
Marangoni Mythos Tyres - Where Do You Get Them?
MYF6 replied to cooltint's topic in Wheels and Tyres
I had a set of the Marangoni Mythos and imho I thought they were by far the worst tires I've had on any of my cars. Abolutely sh!t when cold, and really no better when hot. They gave little if any feedback and in the wet they were dangerous. I may be the only nay sayer in this thread but I would never for a second consider them as a performance tyre alternative. I saved around a grand on the tires I was going to get and its a lesson I've learned. Great tires are the best overall performance upgrade you can get, and Marangoni and the word great should never be used together. -
I've had a BA Typhoon for over 4 years - build No 25! Its had a little over 400rwhp for all but the first 3 months of its life. It recently ticked over 100,000Km and the only smoke it makes comes from the tires! Still runs like a dream and all I do is change the oil and buy a new set of tires every year. Hope that helps answer your questions/concerns.
-
Dag's, you know a great ass when you see it!
-
Like many here I'm at a crossroad. My BA F6 is 4 yrs old with 92,000Km on the clock and while its still a great car I'm getting that 'itch' for a new ride. Would like the FG F6 but was quoted $67500 drive away and a trade of $24k for my car. They did not want to deal so I walked. Went across the road to Expensive Daewoo and was quoted $37,750 for an Bogan special ute and $48k even for an Bogan special wagon with 20" wheels and full leather - both drive away and both brand new and that was their first offer, not their final offer! The brother wants the ute and I've a soft spot for hot wagons. I'm looking at the HSV's as well as they are at least willing to talk deals and the savings would more than cover a cam, blower and coilovers, which woud put an R8 up there with the quick cars out there. I've been screwed in equal parts by Expensive Daewoo and Ford having new cars from both so have no overriding loyalty to either. I want to see them BOTH survive these hards times for fear all we will be left with is a choice of either 2ltr or 1.8ltr ass-dragging front wheel drive rice-burners - God help us all if any of the big 3 US car makers go under in 2009!! So, if anyone knows a Ford dealer in SE Queensland willing to deal let me know and I'll be in the blue team again, if not I may well be changing sides, and going back to super rather than turbo charging......decisions, decisions.....
-
Dags, love your work mate!
-
Fitted Bilstein's and a Whiteline adjustable front swaybar for $1800.00 (fitted). Its a completely different car and feels bolted to the road. On the downside the ride is on the harsh side of firm. New swaybar and shocks has the the front end tied down but is showing up the back end by tending to understeer badly if into corners hot, or oversteers too buggery if too heavy on the gas on the way out. Its a hell of a lot faster through technical bends and as long as your not too hot into them and coming out is more predictable and fun than it used to be.
-
If you want wet grip nothng beats the Goodyear GSD3's, but they will set you back around $420 per corner which is over your budget. Question for the ministere is, how much is the family worth to you?? Not beating my chest but my car has never been beaten on wet track driver days - and that's all down to the tyres, not my ability, or lack thereof. There are better tyres in the dry at the super-duper end of performance but in the wet the Goodyears are simply sensational. IMO tyres are the only thing you should never buy on price, buy on quality and performance and it will be the best money you ever spent.
-
PS3 60GB consol won for me mainly because its the console to get the Gran Turismo games. I've got it running through a 1080P projector on a 95 inch screen and there is nothing like driving the new GT-R in GT5 with the in car view on a big screen. Stunning graphics. Downside with the PS3 1) The heat they generate when running games. You could just about toast marshmellows on the bloody thing. Serious computing generates serious heat. 2) Limited games compared to 360 3) The fan can be a little noisy but there are solutions like add on cooling systems. 4) 40GB systems not backwards compatable with PS2 Upside of PS3 1) Blue-Ray player upscales normal DVD's to near 1080 and the picture quality is fantastic. 2) Gran Turismo - need I say more!! 3) None of the bad media the 360 has for failures and returns. 4) Net cabability If you want a console purely for games then maybe the 360. If you want a piece of equipment that will blow your mind with movies and games then the PS3 wins hands down - imho
-
Now you tell me!! Just had the 75,000km service today and they called to tell me the hose was stuffed which cost me $400.00 odd fitted. Even they agreed the hose was fcuken expensive!!
-
BA F6, 410rwhp, manual. Average is around 330km per tank. If I've got Ms Daisy in the car on the highway then 450km from a tank is a good effort. If yours is very new then expect milage will improve as the motor beds in. The real problem is its new and your into it because you love the 'feeling' so much, so just enjoy for now.
-
Blue tooth an option!! WTF?? Its standard in a bloody Berlina so why an option still in an FPV.
-
Think FPV have missed the boat with their timing. They should have released an F6 Terri 18 months ago, or more, when the Terri was at its sales peak. Instead they have released a lame looking effort with seats that look like covers picked up from Super Cheap and a stripe that should have been left in the parts bin. Why not a better looking set of wheels at least?? At first glance they look like standard BA XR6 wheels. At least on a BA XR6 those wheels look good!! I'm all for a souped up TT but its a project worth concerted effort, not a half assed attempt like this. Really, they waited this long, why not wait till the the new model Terri is release and have a red hot crack at that? Sorry for the rant but I really was looking forward to this car and have to say its not been worth the wait.
-
After seeing that I understand why Osama don't like Americans!
-
Never had better than 370Km from a tank around town, and have gone through 3 sets of tires in 55,000Km. Based on these figures I may be soley responsible for global warming.
-
Goodyear GSD3 are great in the wet, but when does it rain in Queensland? For the price they are a very good tire - around $420.00 a corner.
-
Not at all a fan of Bionic. Has no 'depth' to the colour imo.
-
I'd approach them first up Tuesday morning with the 3/8th drive wrachet in hand and a head full of steam. Hard to believe they allowed it out of the workshop like that - then again I can, and that's why my phoon will never see the inside of a Ford dealership except for warranty work.
-
Count me in Ian. May have a few mates keen as well, will let you know. Cheers Craig
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.