Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 27d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 14/04/07 11:09 AM Posted 14/04/07 11:09 AM Guys,Just bought myself a T3 and need some new tyres. Did a search but there doesnt seem to be any current thread on choice of 18's.So what have people been finding is a good compromise between handling / wear / road noise vs Cost? Dude at the tyre shop suggested Toyo's, reckons they are a good tyre for the money at $345/corner, didnt get the model number though So whats good these days?Cheers Mondie
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 14/04/07 11:18 AM Posted 14/04/07 11:18 AM Mondie,I have been very happy with the Yokie Advan V103's on the typhoon.They stick like you know what and are quiet.
cooltint Member 686 Member For: 23y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast QLD Posted 14/04/07 11:25 AM Posted 14/04/07 11:25 AM He was probably refering to the T1R's, I've heard very good things about them re tyre noise and grip. If you can find them the Maxxis ZR1's are particularly good for the price. But don't confuse them with the more common VR1's, they're not as high a performance tyre.Big AL
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 14/04/07 11:58 AM Posted 14/04/07 11:58 AM I'm sure Cro will be along shortly to tell you what's best and debunk all other choices......
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Posted 14/04/07 12:22 PM Posted 14/04/07 12:22 PM
galconn Member 101 Member For: 21y 1m 6d Posted 14/04/07 12:53 PM Posted 14/04/07 12:53 PM I'm waiting on a delivery of Michelin PP2: 245/40/18 at about $420 a corner. Apparently good value for money.
F663 Member 70 Member For: 20y 2m 30d Location: Perth Posted 14/04/07 12:56 PM Posted 14/04/07 12:56 PM I have wanli's 170 for the round black things.do the job for me
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 14/04/07 01:38 PM Posted 14/04/07 01:38 PM Mondie,I have been very happy with the Yokie Advan V103's on the typhoon.They stick like you know what and are quiet. I have them in 18's - great tyre
davidald Me Legacy Donating Member 360 Member For: 19y 6m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 14/04/07 08:54 PM Posted 14/04/07 08:54 PM Don't laugh, I put Kumho 31's on mine , and they stick like sh*t but it's only been 2 weeks so dunno about wear yet.
turbo_nick some guy... Member 277 Member For: 23y 11m 15d Posted 15/04/07 04:46 AM Posted 15/04/07 04:46 AM (edited) I have wanli's 170 for the round black things.do the job for meWanlis? Well, they're black... as for round... heheheAnd they don't have to be black... :D Edited 15/04/07 04:50 AM by turbo_nick
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now