Jump to content

djqc

Member
  • Posts

    291
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by djqc

  1. My original query with the car was the higher engine temp. This is my worry.
  2. I have an in cabin oil temp gauge, using the f6 cluster. It has defienitly raised in temp since the tune was done. 430kw on a stock motor is really leaning on it, isn't it? Is 12.8 too lean in my application?
  3. Is there a huge difference between 12.5 and 12.8? Is that the difference between the car popping or not?
  4. Also very expensive. Is the ideal afr in the mid 11s, when up around 18 pound? How lean is 12.8@18lb? Is it really lean, or a touch lean?
  5. Cheers guys. I will give the shop a ring tomorrow.
  6. On 98. The car had more boost in it before. Some boost was taken out, and timing added in the current tune, and the result is higher oil temp. I'm also led to believe that the tune before had a richer afr than 12.8
  7. I've recently had my car retuned, and I was told its around 12.8 It is making more power than before, but the oil temp is up about ~10*. This leads me to believe that the car is running leaner. Is it safe? My mod list is in the sig.
  8. In all seriousness regarding a 400kw car, it is an expensive project, and if you do t do it all at once, the car can be off the roads for weeks at a time. I'm in a state of "ignorance is bliss" regarding the cost of my car, but IF I was to do it again, I would budget 20k. My signature has all of the weak spots covered (I hope) to get to 400kw, and stay there safely. Did the diff need to be done? Probably not, but as a whole package, I felt it was needed.
  9. My 2 cents on owning a 400kw+ ford: Be prepared with lots of cash, and your partner will get pretty sick of the speed/noise/cost
  10. Nope. That's around the 5-5.5k mark I think
  11. Around the 3.5k mark.
  12. Gtx3582r with a .7 front cover
  13. Didnt notice too much of a difference with the 3.23 gears. Car made 430kw at 18 pound last week. Very happy with the result
  14. Trutrac with 3.23 gears.
  15. Yeah, trainer has a white g6et with the black vertinis I think? Looks the goods
  16. I wish! Playing with the effects in photo processing software is a lot cheaper.
  17. Yeah, this is the exact symptoms of my experience with dicky valve springs. A new set, and all is good
  18. It could be in the post-processing of the photos. I turned the "definition" up a touch, and it gave the grey a darker colour. It also makes it look matte, which is a bad thing because it has planted a seed about plastidipping my car matte black. Mmm....
  19. Satin black 2 pack
  20. In what regard?
  21. Get a radar detector! The split second that you get is the difference between 13 over, and 5 over
  22. Yeah, I think they turned out alright but they seem to look smaller when black. Would love some 20 inch vertini magic, staggered in black. Would fill the guards better
  23. Monsta torque in wa. Making 400kw
  24. all fun and games until someone loses a.... life :(
×
×
  • Create New...