Ale
Member-
Posts
249 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Ale
-
They've sold all of them already, with 400 people on the waiting list.
-
Forums ridiculed people? don't think that's why I partake in forums. I personally do it to learn and to pass on any knowledge I've gathered in my life time, but hey, we all have different drivers. Like I said, I've learnt plenty from these pages, mostly by trolling old threads and pm's from those I've approached. But on the surface, a lot of knowledgeable people have left, and the majority of content these days is day to day banter, throw in some brand barracking and a fanboi club for good measure. Just passing my opinion on the place, and IMO, its no orphan, like I said Forums in general a mere shadow of what they where 10 years ago. A moderator can only moderate the content others put up.
-
Having been on the other side of the forum fence, I can relate. Becoming a moderator takes all the fun away from a Forum, its like being the internet police. Most coppers don't start out being wankers, but when their job entails dealing with arseholes and crims all day, you can see why they soon become flogs themselves. At least as a mod, you can walkaway from such a thankless task and move on once the joy is gone. Luke was more than happy to help me personally behind the scenes in the past when general pop just ridiculed and doubted me. Many thanks mate, you will be missed. Forums in general continue to slide down the slippery slope
-
You can just cut the carpet of the XR parcel shelf and fit the light from a spoiler less model easy enough. The parcel shelf carpet is just held onto the sheetmetal by xmas tree clips. Pull the wiring out from the bootlid, leave it in the boot and plug in the new light. I did it when fitting a force lip on a XR. The cops love defecting the Late model camira kids for no high level brake light .
-
3rd party extended warranty means nothing if previous owner didn't sign it over to you.... ask me how I know
-
Comparing Wankels with Pistons is fraught with Danger, won’t even bother trying to draw parallels. The fact is that the block in this car is built to swallow 4 bar of boost at 10,000 rpm and do it with no “run in time”. Merely pointing out that Ethanol/Methanol is Hydroscopic and takes on water, so any fuel that is diluted into the oiling system by any means, will not only make the oil thinner, it will add moisture to it. Yes, to many its stating the obvious.
-
-
Had my Rotary on E85, rich idle and overlapping ports = Oil would be toast in a couple thousand kms. Thinned out and stunk of corn juice I also crew on a Pro Rotary drag car, running methanol, part of turning the car around between runs is dumping the puke tank. The puke contains oil, methanol and water, the latter wouldn't be there if it was on petrol. We drop all the oil and start fresh every meet. If I had a Barra on E85, Id be running a thicker oil than normal and changing it every 3000 or so.
-
that's my point, colour aside, when the trans cooler bypass's, the first symptoms aren't over heating.
-
My old BF didn't cook at all when it milkshaked, trans started shuttering, checked header tank , voila, throw car in the bin
-
LOL, this made me chuckle
-
Its fine as a stocker and driven normally. Turn the traction control off and you never really know what your going to get when it comes on....that's when it gets dangerous Mine is dead stock and on the HWY I've had the traction light flicker on whilst overtaking in the rain... Its not a deal breaker considering the rest of the car and easy enough to swap in a factory LSD when doing the rear bushes.
-
Fuel pump or Coils
-
Im all for "giving it a shot", but messing with 1000rwhp and loose flywheels is crazy town... you boys seen what happens when flywheels or clutches explode or come flying out of bell housings!! Many a person now limps for the rest of their lives due to such failures.
-
Correct, we run one on my mates race car and refilling the Co2 in the car is part of turning the car around between runs. Not for street cars, but when working in unison with 2 step n Slider clutch, makes for good traction control when you get it right
-
....
-
Not sure man, I had a CAPA stage 1 thing in my BF and no cutting was required, but cant recall if it was 63mm or 75mm, I think the former and it was hard up against the back of the steel crash bar. Im sure some one else will confirm. I do think F series in general require more cutting than B series to fit any cooler
-
Not sure man, I had a CAPA stage 1 thing in my BF and no cutting was required, but cant recall if it was 63mm or 75mm, I think the former and it was hard up against the back of the steel crash bar. Im sure some one else will confirm. I do think F series in general require more cutting than B series to fit any cooler
-
Think you will find that the Stage 1 Plazma kit will be similar thickness to factory F6 one and the cheaper ebay kits. HDI is 3" thick core as are the stage 2 & 3 kits from Plazma ,PW and John, thus why you have to cut bits out of your car and in some case space out our radiator. HDI glossy: http://fgpower.com/ fitting instructions are here: http://www2.hybrid-power.com/installation/installation/FGXR6.pdf but they play down the butchering involved For the good of the Forum, I've attached the instructions Plazma and PWR happily supplied me when shopping, PW ignored my attempts at contacting them numerous times, both by phone and email. PWI6706 Fitting Instructions FG Xr6T & F6.pdf FG TURBO 800 1000HP KIT-NEW.pdf
-
Edit: Don't get too caught up with hearsay dyno readouts either, way too easy to fudge numbers and plenty of Bollywood units around. Choose a tuner, and use their dyno and skills as a benchmark to gauge results, try not to get caught up in hype and other peoples results. MPH doesn't lie.
-
I got gifted a HDI cooler kit and ummed and arghed about putting it in my car. Not cos it wouldn't support the power I'm after, but the amount of cutting required to make it fit. I didn't do that to my G series, I sure as hell wouldn't chop up the front of a F6. I sold it on. It is a very nicely made kit, but in terms of fitment, its a cock up, they've got a generic cooler and "tweaked" it to fit a falcon, thus the butchering required. My suggestion is to look at the stepped coolers, from cheap to expensive: 1) PWR 2) Process West 3) Johny Tig The Intune piping kit should work with all of the above and the best value for money at under $300 delivered, or run the gauntlet with factory plastic until it pops
-
Reading in regards to what your where building prior to this car, mixing and matching the above parts and tweaking some piping kits etc is a walk in the park in comparison. Way too many sheep and tune house groupies in the Barra scene, its slowly getting a bit more varied and DIY. With a bit of thinking outside the square and getting ones hands a little dirty, you can end up with a nicer solution for your needs and budget. Obviously some of it is no brainer, plug ,play and enjoy the fact your walking a well trodden path.
-
Id look at fabbing or buying a TB relocation kit on a B series, makes the cold side plumbing so much neater and shorter. Or bolt on a FG inlet and reap better gains everywhere.
-
cool, I'm assuming FG is the same, anybody comfirm?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.