Jump to content

Ale

Member
  • Posts

    249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Ale

  1. Where did I complain? I merely stated where, why and how I got my lowered shocks!!
  2. Seems I struck a nerve mate, Im merely stating my experience with them,that is all editted post cos I couldnt be bothered with netz arguementZ
  3. I got my springs and shocks from this guy, Kings springs and lowered ultima shocks, delivered to my door within 8 days for $555 http://myworld.ebay.com.au/kmal9112/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 I tried emailing wholesale suspension and was ignored so went with this guy.He gave me good advice on what springs I needed for the eyebrow heights I wanted, very prompt and impecable service. Very happy with the outcome. The ride is really good, much better than expected, and for a everyday work car they are fine. In regards to will they last, I cant answer, only had them for a fortnight, but a quick Google didnt come up with anywarnings about Ulitma as a brand. just another avenue for you to explore
  4. I got my springs and shocks from this guy, he has an outlet at mermaid beach. Kings springs and lowered ultima shocks, delivered to my door within 8 days for $555 http://myworld.ebay.com.au/kmal9112/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 end result, also on Zumbo's: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/78558-springs-for-my-bf/
  5. For reference: Rims 20x8 +30 fronts, 20x10 +40 rears Tyres= 245/30/20 fronts, 275/30/20 rears rolled rear guards Kings SL fronts, SSSL rears, on lowered Ultima shocks. No bumpstops in the rear atm whilst I wait for my lowered ones. Full tank of fuel on board. Front eyebrow= 340 Sill panel to ground=150ish Rear eyebrow= 335 Sill panel to ground=170ish Remarkably the drive is real nice and not to harsh at all ! Photos from first drive after the above mods, it may settle I tiny bit
  6. yeh, cheers man, did you change the rear bumpstops out? I believe even with SSL rears the standard bump stops need changing or chopping. This may drop it some more I took the plunge this morning anyway and ordered SL fronts (super low) and SSSL (ultra low) rears. It has a 1" rake atm sill panel wise, so this combo fits the bill. If Id gone Super low all round id still be rolling on a rake and I cant have that. This way it will drop the whole car a bit and even the rake out a bit, 275/30 rears are a tad taller than the 245/30 fronts and make it look worse than the factory rake allready does. Im actually queitly chuffed about the ride on 20's and cheap rubber, its pretty good, only a tad noisy on some roads.
  7. Ok, so the 20's are on, perfect fitment thanx to consulting with Worm, but I now need a step ladder to climb in. After measuring my eye brow heights, I get 360 front and back, but the car has about a 1" rake to the front. Itd like the back about 1.5" lower, and bring the front down the tiniest bit, so the rake doesnt get too much worse, thinking of aiming for a 350 ish front eyebrow and a 330 ish rear eyebrow. Am I on the right track if I got KFFL-57SL+(supers) for the fronts and KFFL-68SSSL+(ultras) for the rears or just KFFL-68SSL for the rears (supers all round) Carn guys, seems only one person here is listening!!! Promise Il post pix once its lowered so for others to refrence!! Also, fads, you speak of SSL fronts, Kings dont list them in their catalogue? http://www.kingsprings.com/catalogue/Kings%20Superlow%20Caralogue%20040203.pdf any chance of a eyebrow height check on your beast?
  8. Thanx for the pix mate!! looks mint!! What offset are the rear rims,I like the stretcthies!! More pix guys?
  9. haha, yeh, I dont have coil overs on the car I actually take to the tack, Im not going to put them on my work taxi !! So SSL and SSSL you say fadz? Any pix to share!!
  10. Simple request, Ive finally got some 20" rims for the Coon and want to lower it when I put them on. BF, 20x8 +30 fronts running 245/30/20 20x10 + 40 rears running 275/30/20. The combo is proven by Worm but I dont think I want my taxi that low. Not only cos the ride and the cops, but I have a small boat I tow with the car. As it is, at standard height the front bar can be a pain at the local shops and some driveways!! The car will get lowered monroe shocks at the same time. Im thinking SL front with SSL rear, but maybe SSSL rears are better. Sure I can measure the eyebrow heights for reference, but nothing like seeing pix. Anybody got any pix of the above combo (or similair) that they want to share? or a link to a relevant thread? Sorry for the request, Im sure its a common one, but please help me make a decision. Promise to post pix once done
  11. Dude, what spring combo you running? I reckon the current combo looks killer, big fan of rear stretchies
  12. How? mine to gives me the sh*ts and is destined for the scrap!!
  13. Ale

    Zf Fluid

    Link to website?
  14. that's pretty cool!!
  15. yeh, hope so. Im a bit disullioned by the car after the week Ive had. Even last night, I gave it a hit with the trans in sports mode, and for some stupid reason, in second gear, the ABS light came up on the dash along with what I think the imobolizer light? (It only happened for a second) But the car felt terrible with a big shunt, even the standard stereo cut out during the "gliche". I thought I was getting an cult aussie "muscle" car, but at this rate the thing will be at a wrecker in 6mnths!! and this is a second owner low km "good one" Never had such issues with Jap cars :(
  16. Yep, the one I linked from the US. The same one is available from china but it was cheaper from the US. Not sure what you mean about the OBD section, but when connected it says there is no errors and is reading the ecu. Where are the manufacturers notes? remember , Im running the free version
  17. The same Ford dealer wants to charge me an hrs labour which is over $100!! I will if I have to but its the principle of it. Im goin to go and see the guy that tunes my other cars on saturday, introduce him to the taxi and see if his snap on scan tool tells us anything. Im in adelaide
  18. hhmmm, went out to the car yesty, turned it on, had the error on the dash, torque ap logged and cleared P1132 again. Spoke to my tuner, pretty much summed it up as you have to start throwing parts at it, no scan tool will tell me more :( So filter has been ordered, Im going to start researching pump and injectors and use this an excuse with the minister that my car needs a tune up Thanx for the link dave
  19. Didnt relize it was so drastic!! basically Ford did some front end warrenty work on my car, said go and get it wheel aligned, if the error comes up bring it back and we will re calibrate it. After the wheel alignemnt, the error has come back, unfortunatly for me, Ford dont want to cover my car now, so Il have to pay. Surely there is a way that it can be done without resorting to seeing Ford again!!
  20. Idle hasn't played up again, and its as smooth as its ever been ( I understand its not a BMW or Merc) I tried checking the ECU for codes again using my Torque app, and this time with nothing lit up on the dash , it said that a logged error was P1132, "rich conditions etc" so who knows!!! I had the P0171 come up when the dash light was on and I cleared it :" running lean etc" I really need to get some PC based diagnostics software and have a proper look or even see if the paid version of the Torque Ap is nicer for diagnostics type work. Regardless, the car has driven fine, and just for interest sake I filled up with 98RON ultimate, cos up until know Id been using the liberty 94/95 E10 mix. Il swap the filter on the weekend just to be sure and keep an eye on it Id love a link to the true BF error codes and what they mean if some one has them?
  21. Guys, I had the taxi wheel aligned after having some bushes replaced, but now Im getting the occasional "steering sensor needs calibrating error" come up on the dash. This happened once before, and ford fixed reset it, but I dont want to deal with them anymore. Anybody got a link to a procedure on how calibrate the sensor?
  22. My elm327 arrived today, sure, I paid I tad more for it than the ones from china, but it works mint. Had it talking to my HTC within 5mins of taking it out of the box and has already saved me a visit to a mech with a scan tool. It worked perfectly for an hr and the cover fits on the fuse panel with it in place. Perfect. I was shocked to see how little boost these cars run stock and how lame the curve is. Best $40 Ive spent in ages
  23. Ok, Il steer away from the warranty issue to keep the thread on track and make this thread use full for some one else that may encounter the same error. Needless to say, I'm on my own, and if I cant sus it, my tuner will get a call and get his first chance at working on my taxi. So, this light, turns out what I thought was a tap is actually the engine warning light!! Got home today and was stoked to see that my elm327 bluetooth adaptor had arrived. 5mins later I had it sending the code to my HTC using the free "torque" ap. Error code p0171 came up, I cleared it and have driven the car for an hr since and it hasnt come back. Some quick goggling has come up as a "lean mixture" error. Now where do I start? The car has just done 100,000km and is dead stock ( cos I thought it was under warranty) I gave it a major service when I got it 2000kms ago and it was running mint. Only thing I can think of is that just before the error came up on sunday, I was at traffic lights, foot on the brake, in drive with the air-cond on and the car was idling a tad rough and at 500rpm. I didn't change the fuel filter during the service so that's my first point of call, second is a clean of the MAP sensor? I also haven't gone over the inlet/exhaust manifold bolts since I've got it, nor do I think the previous owner would've. That would help eliminate a vacuum leak.After that, if I don't find a dodgy EGR valve or some kind of vacuum leak, Any other ideas? By the way, Im in adelaide
  24. ^^^^ did cross my mind. Just checked the owners manual, the little orange tap, on constantly with no flashes or beeps is telling me its an emissions related issue. Need to get a scan tool on it. Wish my Blue tooth OBcd dongle would arrive already!! Il be onto 1300 Ford at lunch time, razz them up a bit if they wont give me answers or proof. Couldnt even tell the dealer where in the sytem it said it wasnt transferable, almost "just becuase" like my 3 year old daughter tells me
×
×
  • Create New...