Jump to content

Mercury Silver

Member
  • Posts

    64
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mercury Silver

  1. Glad these aren't my neighbours. If it was, that guy would have a rock in his cruisers back window every week until it was removed. Tell me, Armadale or surrounding suburb?
  2. A complete waste of a few minutes of my life. Gary Goober will never cease to amaze me. Very sad indeed.
  3. Good on ya bloke! I've had my addiction for just over 2 years now, and I won't be giving it up ever! Sure I'll buy a new car soon but this one is stayin in the Garage.
  4. I don't like thinking that way sixfan, but I thought that when I first heard it on the news.....I don't have the facts though.....but these things always get called accidents. I have seen accidents happen with weapons first hand on the ship I served on whilst in the Navy, they do occur! Other than that anyone who has been there will understand this.... 1. As a serving member of the defence force you are just a number, you have the say of a number and you are treated like a number. (they certainly don't give a sh*t about your mum!) 2. If you were in the zone before the War on Terrism started and after, like me, you know that not all is what it seems. (Anthrax Vacination....... I'd like to stick mine right between little Johnny's eyebrows you lying f*ck!) 3. You love your job, but you can't wait to get out! (I did after getting cashed up!) 4. Your mates keep you sane.
  5. I know my dealer is great, I dont have to rant and rave or carry on like a little child because they always take my concerns seriously and go out of their way to rectify the problems even if the warranty time allocated doesn't cover the job.. But then again my business owns four cars that are serviced, purchased and regularly upgraded at the dealer so maybe im just a VIP, or the fact that I get on with the service manager well. I know on the otherside there are dealers who treat their customers like dogs and charge the earth.. These dealers are usually the bigger more modern dealers who have a little bald man stuck in a glass office that calls all the shots based on his P&L statement, and the fact that his productivity has to be huge to run such a fancy dealership. that's my 2 dollars. ← We can't afford 2 fob anyone off at either one of the 5 Case IH dealers I work at. But I'll admit the bigger customer you are the better you will get looked after. We do try very very hard to please absolutely everyone but their are some really sucky people out there that just want to screw the f*ck out of you and then whinge a great deal when things don't go their way (some things are just plain unavoidable). Then you get the other side of the coin, you bend over backwards for clients and their machines for year after year and they reward you by taking their business elsewhere when you are a little more expensive on a changeover price. Hate to say it, but these days there is very little client loyalty so hence dealers have no real loyalty to their customers. Or dealers get to the same stage as what the company I for is, we pick and choose our clients. If you're a known pain in the arse, you don't get as good as price when buying because we just know it is going to cost us later. And if they do buy from us then we are already compensated to some degree.
  6. Call it what they will, but from first hand experience, poke at it and it bites back! I only just got my wheels back after a 3 month bikathon for pissy at chrissy, not cool at all. Took me nearly 15 years to get the message but I got it loud and clear now!
  7. Use reverse psych to get him to race... " I don't know, I reckon you might win"..etc etc, slowly building his over confidence in his machine, cause now that you have challenged him he is already doubting his car. And just when he is feelin all competitive seize the moment by the balls and show him "who si da king baby!"
  8. Thanks Buddy Oopps went to wrong place, my bad
  9. Your dude at work gets points cos its a Ford, he loses points though because......."Talks Cheap, Let's Race." Because I try to be responsible these days, I say get him and yourself along to a street meet at your local drag strip and smack that tar baby!
  10. The Territory looks okay I reckon, but the Laser, what a hoot! The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, here we come
  11. You guys are doin the "that is so yesterday" thing that chicks do! That clip looks farkn good to me. These types of movies are never going to win an oscar, but I don't give a rats arse, I'll watch it to see some nice lookin ricers and some nice tight chicks asses. There aren't enough car lovers movies out there as it is, I'll lick the dregs if that's whats on offer. Will beat a Friday night at home watchin the Freo Dockers put up another disgraceful excuse for football.
  12. people like you amaze me, you think your privacy would be any different with an ID card? no way! the government departments already know all they need to know about us all, every time you apply for a loan or open a bank account or use your medicare card get a social security number, renew your licence etc etc they know exactly who you are where you are and what you do with your life already. I dont think an ID card will make your life any less private. ← You are so right it's not funny. So why the need for an ID Card? Unless you can do your monetary transactions with it, as far as I'm concerned a drivers license serves the same purpose. I've served my time in the services recently and I can tell you most of this terrism stuff is inflated with bullsh*t, just so happens we are all pretty gullible, even got me to start off with.
  13. I'm not a religous buff mate, but I think what you are looking for is called the "Mark of the Beast" in the book of Revalations in the Bible. Or if you want the non Bible and ppl fooling friendly version it is called "Verichip" found at www.verichipcorp.com. A national ID card is only a temporary solution and is purely designed to make the transition to the chip a lot easier/acceptable and IMHO is going to go ahead whether we like it or not. (I think we already voted no, in a referendum?) Check this site out if 1. You want to invest in it and get super rich like me, and 2. If you are in any way interested just how far the human all in one tracker/money dispensing device has come and how it is knocking at our very door.
  14. You can call him a Bugmariner, if he is indeed from one of those oxygen deprived tubs. Very effective boat in its day run by a very different bunch of Men.
  15. Warranty issues aren't just isolated to Vehicle Manufacturers. We sell the CASE IH Brand and units like our headers can cost in excess of 500K, with only a couple of hours on the clock, sure as sh*t we'll have a mechanic out there doing some sort of work on it. Same would go for John Deere etc. Something as simple as a plastic side panel for one of these things can cost over 5 Grand, happened on just about every one of the 30 odd header sold in WA a couple of Harvests ago and that is just scratching the surface of what costs CNH in warranty I personally believe that anything built now compared to what was built even a couple of years ago, has increasingly closer tolarances factored into its design/production. Because of this it possibly only takes an equaly smaller amount to go wrong before a part breaks. Nothing is ever perfect, and if you find something that is, let you missus or tin lids get hold of it and watch it all fall apart at the seams.
  16. I have a Nov 03 T, and I have not had anything replaced under warranty by request. At it's 1st service they replaced a globe for the rear license plate illumination, I hadn't noticed. On its second service "Handbrake" had pushed Fog lamp switch in. This was just put back in place. And that my friends is it! I have 31K Kays on the clock, car is well looked after, well I'm trying my bloody best anyway. I don't know if one bulb will not qualify my car Ballbreaker, but sh*t, it would be pretty close.
  17. young blokes learn quick enough. A week ago prentice (mechanic) at work ribbin me sayin the motor in my T would be glazed because I have never smoked the tyres in it on purpose and drive it like it is made of gold (around young impressionable kids anyways). Laughed my arse off when he came to work on Tuesday this week and had parked his xr6 AU ute into a strainer post at the end of his driveway on the weekend, must have been part of the deglazeing process I guess. I was only doing 30!!!!!!! I've repped a fair few kays on dirt roads and I know exactly how you loose it on a dirt road/track, simple answer, goin too fugn fast! I've done it a few times to know. Funnier even is how his excess is way in excess of mine.
  18. Bionic, I'm with you on this one. The scratches may only be something little but we pay good bucks for these cars, and if you buy something brand new you should be able to expect it to be in every way close to perfect to the naked eye. My BA will be out of warranty at the end of this year and you can be sure I'll be hawking the whole car to make sure I get my fair pound from Ford.
  19. Just another reason why I'll never live in Sydney again! Sorry dude, I know it's a nice place, spent a fair bit of my 20's romping around there. When the Woolamaloo was still a Sailors Pub anyway.
  20. I don't let the Handbrake leave either the T or the EL at work when she spends a few days away. The AG department down here is notorious for having "the element" steal fuel. Happens just about every week lately, being Govt dept they don't do much about it. (Dist Gov might rethink nil action when I'm tapping his shoulder if it happens to either of mine, I dont react well to anybody touching my sh*t when not asked!) Not much fuel is ever stolen because it is harder on new cars and I just don't think they are that smart, but they do sh*tty annoying damage. You don't here too many stories of the Modern Palcons & Dunnydores being lifted these days, I think they mainly get broken into don't they?
  21. Need an excuse to visit Perth so I'd be interested in popping along for a look see. South Perth would be ideal cos I usually stay at the Windsor Lodge. If it is at the Gin Gin Hotel then I need to book in. I've only just got my keys back after getting done for pissy at Xmas, needless to say it nearly killed me not being able to drive so I aint goin down that road again. Keen to see what these Mods are all aboot if anyone has them at same time.
  22. I'm gonna stop drinking as much beer (when it gets to $3 at least). This will help in 2 ways. 1 Being that I'll have more spare cash to pay for fuel, 2 being that I may loose a kilo or two and weigh less meaning less fuel consumption Nah Fug it I'm gonna burn a flag and shout loudly at somebody not listening!
  23. Get ready to throw away your T's. I've been watching that Beyond 2000/Tommorow jobby on the box and I've got a feeling they (the suits in charge)want us all driving boringly slow battery/solar/hydrogen etc. powered ricers that make you feel like a good citzen.
  24. The only downside would be the amount of fuel you'll go through compared to the Focus. The best I've got was 10.5 litres per 100 between River Road (M5 turn on) to Tuggeranong. Oh and ← Did you get this drafting a semi, or did you have a stiff gale blowing from behind the whole way? Harpoon, I didn't buy my T for it's fuel economy, otherwise I'd be pulling my hair out by now. Make no mistake, the T will guzzle fuel at the same rate as a fat chick scoffing cupcakes. If you are used to your Escape fuel gage chasing the odo you will have good practice already in watching the same in a T. I find 14.5L/100Kms is pretty standard for this car and more around town (A lot more!). I would never, repeat, never own a little car, I'll give up drinking beer before I start complaining about fuel prices.
  25. Hmmm, I see you have been at one of our dams! If you have never had the pleasure of eating one of these bad boys, find somewhere where you can, don't ask questions, just do it!
×
×
  • Create New...