seduced
Member-
Posts
753 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by seduced
-
Yes it will still pull hard, but you also have 317rwkw at those revs. Personally I prefer the mid range torque, there is no need to rev the guts out to accelerate hard.
-
^ a good progressive tune. that's the difference. With an agressive tune you have a few hundred Nm of torque through the driveline WOT low rpm and then all of a sudden boost shows up and suddenly torque increases 600Nm+..you might as well dump the clutch. The tyres will just give in and smoke in protest. A tune that delivers boost smoothly will lower the chance of it happening, although not as fun to some people but its more drivable and enjoyable imo.
-
Let us know. Had the exact same problem, I still had the weights and the tailshaft came up perfect, so diff was the only answer. Glad we could help. We've all had something up with our cars (they are fords afterall...) and Ford dealers are usually hopeless...
-
I had mine at 6k once, but honestly, they dont sound too happy up there and the power is not useful. I short shift at 5k, rarely been over that. Torque>power. For such a smooth engine, a camry v6 sounds better at those revs...
-
Depends on how agressive your tune is I would say. My humble little 10psi CV generic tune would break traction in fourth (at around 120km/h) on a wet road (falken 452s with lots of tread...) it was only making 250rwkw, but the way boost came on was crazy, dangerous and really not that good for the car.... In the dry 1st and 2nd would spin WOT every time. I imagine a nice progressive tune would keep things under control ALOT better.
-
TO be honest, Id take it to a decent tuner. They should be able to identify the problem quickly, and you can have valve springs and a custom tune done while you are there. What spark plug gap do you have?
-
Update: It was diff whine. Southern Cross Ford diagnosed it in five minutes, replaced the diff and a whole bunch of other stuff at the same time. Had the tailshaft balanced while I was there... it came up perfect.
-
Any 1 Painted Their Icc In An Aftermarket Color
seduced replied to marek's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
No offence, but that looks tacky as. Classy leather with boy racer blue...hmmmmm. The piano black looks ok, but Silver buttons or gloss black buttons would top it off nicely. Interior colouring has to be done tastefully, photoshop what you can first... -
I had a deep drone from the rear at anything above 75km/h...consistant noise that never changed no matter what speed or gear... ended up being diagnosed as diff whine. replaced the diff (warranty!) and its all quiet again. I thought it was my tyres too, they are shagged falken 452s... Took it to a great Ford dealer and he got 5 mins down the road and says "that's diff whine mate." Change your tyres first, even borrow the rims of another xr6 if you can find someone, but you might need to start saving...
-
GMH8R - If you are in Toowoomba, book it in to Southern Cross Ford with Ian McLean ONLY. His team of guys are brilliant. They sorted a mile of problems for me. But dont go in mad, complaining and swearing, if you act like an idiot, they will treat you like one. Courtesy works both ways.
-
Only a week. I told them that if they are going to do all they said they would, they could keep it as long as they needed it. I didnt want anything rushed.
-
id prefer to be following a boy-racer bogan than a grey-nomad putting along at 20ks under the limit while adjusting his rear-view mirror...
-
Ok girls. The results are in. Just picked up the car: Head was leaking oil - done and various other parts replaced while in there Timing cover re-sealed - done Idler pulleys - replaced Timing chain guide was discovered broken - replaced coolant replaced - done - no charge. Front ball joints lower arms - both replaced Front springs - both replaced ABS shock brakets - replaced Machined all rotors - done Found oil leak where shifter is at gearbox - replaced (I knew about this leak, but never said anything, wanted to see if they would truly check it all over) tailshaft balanced - done tyres balanced - done diff replaced - all done! and get this: "..while test driving, it began to rain and I noticed your wiper motor was very noisy, so we replaced that for you as well." In total - somewhere around the $5k-$6k worth of work. Total cost to me? $30 for balancing the tyres. (I asked for that to be done.) It drives perfectly now. I love it. I went in there asking for them to check the small vibration, and all the above work was carried out for me within a week. I didnt even know that I had half the problems they found, and there was no "clean and inspect later" everything was just simply replaced. These guys are THE BEST DEALER I have ever come accross. No-one else will touch my car but these guys, that includes any servicing. I dont mind paying a little extra for a service if this is the treatment I receive in return. Dealer - Southern Cross Ford Toowoomba -
-
haha... your even tyre wear is an indicator that you are still wearing a cardigan.. I bet it only comes on boost once or twice a month...
-
Maybe I just wish I had full electrics... But I do have an LSD!
-
that's it exactly. I sounds like shocks to me. But as people have stated, they replace shocks only to have the same noise.... someone has got to know what it is... Do any of the FG owners on here have this problem???????
-
yep, mine read 18-20L/100, then I disconnected the battery for a while. Now reads 12-14L/100, still slightly out, but close enough.
-
Cause that's something I've always found really hard to do. Adjust my rear view mirror. Im with Dule. Whats with all the whinging? IF you even own a car, ANY car, you are in the top 3% of the richest people in the world. Get over yourself Tab, suck it up.
-
It will be interesting how long this one holds up. Can you confirm that there is no extra NVH over a stock bush? Would still love to hear the results of baffling in one of these cars though.
-
Change is like a holiday. Is it exempt from the 2005 Shockwave paint problems?
-
I dont like it. There is something not right around the rear 1/4 panel and im not convinced on the roof line. I dont think its different enough from a regualr falcon. coupes need to look real special, this reminds me of a two door civic. Perhaps a sleeker, longer roof line, fatter rear 1/4 panels, and possibly a little shorter in length. Not tough enough.
-
Mild Driveline Shudder Down Low. Auto Ba Xr6t
seduced replied to gramps_BA's topic in Driveline Workshop
diff bush changed. problem is worse. Its now at a proper dealer who is virtually rebuilding the whole car. New diff, rear suspension bushes, balanced/realigned/replaced if stuffed tailshaft, and a mile of other things. All under warranty! I get it back this week, and I cant wait to drive it! The mechanic promised that I wont get it back until the problem is gone. Top bloke. -
Anything To Watch Out For When Buying A Second Hand Fg
seduced replied to bad inferno's topic in XR6 Turbo
Must be ex-press. To have new tires already, Id say its copped a flogging from day one. You get what you pay for.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.