Jump to content

seduced

Member
  • Posts

    753
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by seduced

  1. UPDATE: Once I got the car home, it leaked coolant on my floor and also a lot of oil was found around the alternator area. I also still had the vibration from 10-40km/h which was the original reason I actually took the car in! The service guy was very apologetic (not that I was remotely upset, I was still happy about all the work that was done!) and booked the car back in straight away. Again, I told him it was his as long as they needed it. I Just picked it up again, they found the o-ring at the back of the waterpump was damaged so they replaced the pump, a new set of power steering hoses were also installed as that was the cause of the oil/fluid leak. The foreman came out and asked to go for another drive to make sure we were on the same page with the slow speed vibration. I took it 50m down the road and it was shuddering like mad at every take off. He notices it and says "Take it back, we'll put it up on the hoist, it feels like tailshaft whip... but we did already balance it, however the balancing machine spins the tailshaft at about 80km/h, so it wouldnt have picked up that vibration.." I mention what I have read about the centre bearings, and he agrees that its probably the cause. I drive it onto the hoist, it goes up, and its found the centre bearing looks sagged quite significantly. So, he immediately orders a brand new entire tailshaft as the centre bearing is not a seperate unit. I will receive a call sometime next week when it arrives... I still cannot believe the service and commitment these guys have. I am extremely impressed and I dont care what people say, only these guys will touch my car from here on in, all servicing etc. They need the "FORDXR6TURBO.com Dealer of the Year" Award - not that one exists, but its well deserved!
  2. Sounds like a way to move more BOss engines. It makes sense though, I reckon they will keep the GS nameplate next year. Its as the clubsport is to the GTS. Although, I would buy a GS over a GT, just flash the ECU and you have GT power... and no panda eyes! Then spen the $15k you saved on a SC. As for the GTHO, its a shame to give up. The only reason the W427 lagged was due to the hefty 150k pricetag... especially when Nissan's GTR was released at the same time at the same price. If the GTHO could come in under $100k, there would be no problems of them selling. But what a monster it would have to be... sounds like they are scared of stuffing it up... just like the Cobra.
  3. ^your not using a phone or stopwatch are you?
  4. do CAPA make a flash tuner for these? I reckon it needs bigger rims.
  5. F6. As manly as the bonnet bulge is supposed to look, from profile, it looks like crap. As for power, and F6 eats the GT in terms of useable torque.
  6. mid to high 4s. All sorts of components come into play to get any lower, suspension, tyres, box, driver, weather, engine temp. 400m times are more realistic, trap speed etc. I prefer to look at 80-120 times. it takes traction issues out of the equation in most cases.
  7. Those are serious numbers for 10psi. would say the dyno is reading feeling a little optimistic. awesome result!
  8. awesome figures. how much did that cost you? At 1000nm of torque, something in these cars have to give.... does anything else need strengthening?
  9. Welcome. Yep, upgrade the clutch. Grab a MAl Wood Option 3 (do a search) its probably the best clutch you can get. The vibration you noticed is possibly a problem with the tailshaft out of balance. My BFmkII is doing the same thing at the moment, Ford are looking at it now (warranty) I'll let you know what causes it. Best guess is the centre bearing since I've already had the diff replaced. Also, Diff bushes will be your enemy. Do a search to find out what I am talking about. The reason there are more autos is because the Auto is apparently "better" than the manual... it is quicker, and the best auto you can get, but I prefer to DRIVE the car. Grab some Castrol Transmax Z to put in your gearbox, it will be alot quieter, smoother and easier to shift. WElcome to the best falcon forum there is!
  10. Only ever ultimate, going to try v-power soon to see if there is a difference. Had to fill up in the middle of nowhere once (stupid 68L tanks...80L should be the minimum) and they only had 95... one very expensive bottle of octane boost later and the car ran fine.
  11. Start with your battery, then check earth points. Maybe install an earthing pack around the engine bay. Most electrical failures in cars are due to bad earths.
  12. There is also a new cylinder head design for the FG, with better flow or some crap. According to a Ford expert technician, the FG engines leave the B series for dead in every area. More than just a smaller turbo.
  13. You should have just got out of the car with the bat and followed the two youths. Even if they didnt do it, it would have freaked them out enough to not walk around the streets at 3 in the morning... Get the car fixed, park it out on the street every night, set up cameras, strobe lights, 200db air horns and when they trip the system, they wont be able to see, the air horns will make their ears bleed and you'll get it all on camera. Then promptly head outside with and break your own window again with their heads. Then call the cops.
  14. Make sure you get the BF tailshaft put in if you decide to lower it, the FG one will die fairly quickly. that's unless Ford have decided to do something about it.
  15. ^there are worse cars to take cornering. The driver should have applied a bit of opposite lock, planted the foot and drifted his way nicely back into his lane. The he should have been punched in the face and had his keys taken from him for pulling the handbrake mid corner without knowing his way back out... Pointless ad really. It more or less points out that the roads are stuffed and are like land mines. So instead of fixing them, everyone should just drive slower.
  16. R-specs look nice though. in saying that, a modded 500hp xr6T with a stock exterior is more my style. Your different shock valves wont save you.... neither will your floor mats...
  17. Ford weren't happy with the ad, they said it makes their cars look unstable and dangerous. Besides, how many people pull the handbrake mid corner on the side of a mountain?
  18. Wow, I hope you paid less then 25k... I didnt pay much more for my Turbo with same kms, 19" FPV wheels and a few other tasteful mods. Mines also in Seduce, it is simply the best colour Ford have produced imo. I constantly get comments, but its looks best with a nice coat of decent wax. Well done, hope you enjoy it.
  19. Could be the passenger in your boot asking you to slow down?
  20. There is inconsistancy between Ford dealers though. It cant all be Ford themselves. Some dealers will do everything under warranty no worries at all, while others will only do warranty work if you can prove that you have never been past 3000rpm, your stereo has played jimmy barnes at least once, and your boot is full of beer cartons with "I love my ford dealer" written across them......and in the end they will call it abuse and charge your first born to repair it. Whats the difference? Money surely has to play a significant part within dealerships.
  21. Its a performance engine. If you are concerned with how much fuel it uses, sell it and buy a Yaris. I get 10s on hwy and 18-20 around town...and frankly, I dont really give a damn. Its too much fun.
  22. Mal wood option 3 clutch. either do it now or later, you'll need it.
  23. that's insane! hows it sound up there?
  24. ^yes but there is no way in knowing that they did do it. Best to do these things yourself...
  25. I had my 45k service done recently. They did coolant, brake fluid, oil, filters for $290 or so. They are just ripping you off. I would be asking what the difference is between turbo/non-turbo... as said, there is no difference between them in terms of service requirements at 45k. I would ask to see proof of what extra work was done....extra $70 for what?
×
×
  • Create New...