seduced
Member-
Posts
753 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by seduced
-
That is a possibility. So replace the wastegate actuator and it should be fine. No need for a full blown fuel system upgrade and custom tune.... unless of course you would like it to perfrom like it should.
-
It sounds like you need to forget the turbo and sit tight for a little while. If you have lost your licence twice for speeding already, you can bet you will loose it again with a turbo.....considering you didnt learn the first time.... You have to have some serious self-control and brains to keep your foot off the power. And by the sounds of things, you are lacking in both. Sorry. Even thinking that you can get away with not telling you insurance company your driving history is utterly stupid. Not only will you void your insurance, but you will be liable for all damages for all vehicles involved. And then you can forget future insurance from anyone.... Stick with the NA, grow up a bit , then buy a factory turbo and drive responsibly. Aren't you still on your Ps?
-
Tyres are on the right way, although I will do a rotation (the fronts are only a few months old) just to rule them out before I ring them. Otherwise they are likely to blame the tyres and do nothing. Is it really so hard to test a car up to 100km/h before handing the keys back? I did have a significant shudder from 15-30km/h before the bushes were replaced - especially evident on acceleration in 2nd gear. That has subsided significantly, but is still there just. I assumed it was the tailshaft, I asked them to balance it, however they said it was the bushes and that's as far as they got.... again, Ill have to rotate the tyres first to make sure... One thing though... I drove it last night and the drone has subsided alot from what it was yesterday???????????????????????? This doesnt make any sense..........................
-
Bushes were replaced today under warranty, and the rear end now is sooo much quieter, refined and tight... however there is a very evident drone coming from the rear end at 100km/h. It changes pitch with speed, and disappears if I go well into illegal figures. It almost sounds like I have a sub in the boot pumping out one single note constantly... I would bet on it being stuffed tyres, as there is some vibration at different speeds that is typical of rubbish tyres (in this case Falken 452s), however this drone was not there before the bushes were replaced. Which has me somewhat confused.... I will rotate the tyres later this week to see if it makes any difference, but before I take it back to the dealer to check out, do the new bushes require time to settle/soften? Anyone one else notice significant changes after theirs were replaced?
-
has it ever been tuned?
-
I have a feeling its my sway bar linkage bushings... car is going in for all 3 diff bushes tomorrow, I'll get them to change these while the rear end is off. My driveshaft is also unbalanced..horrible shudder through the whole car from 15-30km/h.... in fact, the entire rear end of the car is crap. I do have a great dealer though. Hopefully it will all be wonderful when I pick it up.
-
I would push him lower than $25k... there are plenty of other turbos for sale mate, and if you look hard enough and you are patient, you will find one that's been babied and loved from the very first km. ... I would walk away from this one.
-
Should You Stay Away From Red Painted Cars ?
seduced replied to aussie_dozer's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
^haha! Like any colour, keep the wax up to it and it will look great for as long as you want. Its all up to you. -
Well after being abused by YOU elsewhere do you blame him? It seems you are following him around in every topic ready to pounce just in case he says something you disagree with... get over yourself man and move on.
-
Oh noes! someone is WRONG on the internet! Quick! Someone correct them with argumentative posts displaying complete ignorance and self-righteousness!.... oh wait, "South" already has.
-
The only problem here "South" is that you are about a day behind. The OP and phantm have already made up. Move along and stop picking fights.
-
I did hear that, but I didnt think it was indefinite. With the I6 almost at the end of its development, I heard that 2012 or so would finally see it finished, replaced by the v6. In this global market, it would make sense to reduce the amount of engine variants to minimise global costs. Why build one engine for just one market which is relatively small in comparison? If we exported the I6 to power overseas models down the track, we could be assured of its longevity, but as world governments push the green thumb in the gut of the industry, engines such as this either require significant development to reduce fuel consumption (alot) while increasing power to stick with the competition, or they should be retired for something that has more room for development and potential. We are talking globally here. A global engine series for a global company. One things for sure, I will be buying the last of the i6 turbos when its axed.
-
Calm down champ. Phantmxr6 has been here long enough to see the hundreds of "experts" argue over which oil is best based on TV ads and "my mate reckons..." 15w40 isnt thick, as was said, read the above link for the best information you'll find anywhere. Stick with the 15w or 10w. Welcome to the forum, stick around, the wealth of information is priceless and everyone is glad to help.
-
Im over it. At least lowndes isnt sprouting about "my" wins, and what "I" did for Ford and how amazing "I" am so give me a free car... like Wingecup has.... If I were Ford, I wouldnt support that crap either. Hopefully Ford pulls out altogether and lets the series die. Why stay on a sinking ship?
-
It all goes to show that the series is dying. There is no Ford V Expensive Daewoo loyalty from the drivers, therefore the magic is gone. Its now driver vs driver.... more like go-karts...the brand loyalty from the fans and drivers was the only thing that kept it alive... For example: NRL is a boring game. So is AFL and all the rest. But add into the mix club loyalties I.e state-of-origin style of take a stand for your brand/city/state/country and the game is alive as you back your favorite. The olympics is another good example. Take away the countries and all you have is random people versing each other....boring... add into it a sense of battle, a chance to show the world what we are made of in Oz, to defeat the other countries and stand proud as our National Anthem is blaring across the stadium... that's magic. that's worth watching. v8 supercars' pulse is faint...
-
With ford Oz moving to turbo 4s for the falcon, I assume this v6TT will still power the xr6 and f6 variants?
-
Page 7 of the attached PDF is the wiring diag for the entire stereo. Amp is on the top right. Taken from the BA Falcon workshop repair manual. Wiring4.pdf
-
I wonder how the engine internals looked after 15 days of redline....
-
and the difference will be....... lowndes will be in a car that will drive exactly the same as his old one with a ever-so-slightly different engine and body shell..... wow. What would be better is if they removed the restrictions and allowed other brands to enter.... then I would tune in.
-
Yes.
-
Sounds like you'll be taking some time off work then! A days loss now will be a thousand days gained in the future when your engine doesn't explode.
-
There are miles of topics with Dealer horror stories out there, but the good and decent dealers rarely are recognised for their good deeds. If you have had a GOOD experience with a dealer, name them and post your story. They deserve to be honoured in a world full of corrupt and lazy dealers... Dealer: Carpenter Ford - Gatton QLD Story: These guys are great, I have taken my car there for one service and had several warranty claims honored as well. Diffs bushes, leaking timing cover, door inserts falling off, door insetrs surface bubbles. All items fixed within one day without any dramas, they even double check their work and wont let you have it back until its perfect. This morning I noticed the little sticker at the top of the windscreen that has your next service kms etc. They actually recognise the need for turbos to have an oil change sooner than 15,000kms and so have filled out the sticker accordingly. In 7,500kms they request it back for another oil change. Most dealers wouldnt give a damn, or would prefer you to wait the 15k. Also, the service guy has a 500rwhp BF turbo with the dyno sheet laminated at the counter. Very cool . Had a good chat about plans for future mods, he understands the passion. I would recommend them to anyone living in Toowoomba (dont even bother with Toowoomba Southern Cross Ford....) or brisi. Cheers
-
No offense intented, but he has only tuned one other Turbo to 330rwhp (which isnt all that amazing... I made that on a dead stock engine with a generic flash tune) and sounds very lost. Other tuners have done hundreds of cars at 400rwhp+ so their experience is priceless. I understand you seem to trust this bloke, but is your engine worth his experimentation?
-
Dell's warranty support is the best there is, but you WILL need it. The interesting thing is when the tech arrives, he has every part in the whole computer with him, and he sets about replacing everything until its fixed. Gives you an idea how cheap the parts really are....no diagnosing required..
-
Mild Driveline Shudder Down Low. Auto Ba Xr6t
seduced replied to gramps_BA's topic in Driveline Workshop
Gramps, has the vibration gone away?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.